Solution To Initial Hang Dry Before Cure

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hdinkleman

Paper bag will soak up moisture
after 8 hours the humidity inside the bags was at 42%, rh inthe tent was at 22% so it kinda worked, but not enough to make a difference, im experimenting with the tent just closed up to see what happens. might have to figure out a way to keep checking with a hunidifier on and everytime i notice the hunidity getting too high to open the tent and air it out. there goes my odor control with no exhaust fan lol, oh well i care more about the buds than the smell

H

Hdinkleman

8 hours at 40% humidity didnt ruin the bud did it? i setup a vicks cool mist humidifier with a fan blowing 12” below the hanging buds and it looks like its holding pretty good at 50% RH

H

Hdinkleman

@MeanGreen420
so i borrowed a 100$ and got a hunidity controller, are my buds already ruined for being at 25%rh for about 10 hours already? i have the thing working and seems to be doing great i have a cool mist himdifier going on low and set the controller to turn on exhaust fan at 58% sound about right?

H

Hdinkleman

ugh i set the humidity controller to 63 and the exhaust turns on when it gets that high and knocks it down to 58, unfortunatly everytime it kicks off it drops the rh down to 42, i cant win lol

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Mines drying at 42% at 66 deg currently. You’ll be fine. Just watch it and dry trim it once the smallest Kerman’s snap. Then place in container and close. Then reopen and leave open till you reach same stage and repeat. I have 55 packs inside the containers so they help with the cycle. It’s the best I can offer with out adding equipment . It works for me

H

Hdinkleman

Mines drying at 42% at 66 deg currently. You’ll be fine. Just watch it and dry trim it once the smallest Kerman’s snap. Then place in container and close. Then reopen and leave open till you reach same stage and repeat. I have 55 packs inside the containers so they help with the cycle. It’s the best I can offer with out adding equipment . It works for me

gotcha, so whenever i end up jarring it i am shooting for 55% humidity inside the jar correct?

H

Hdinkleman

Right now the tent is dark at 71.9F and i set the hunidity controller to 70, everybtime it reaches 70 it drops to 49% rh, so i am hoping i get a nice dry with the RH range fluctuating from 49-70% rh.
i also left all the leaf on so it wpuld help the bud dry slower, i only cut off the really big leaves halfway down the branches

1E776AA4 CEFE 448F B0E9 E31D32E585C4

H

Hdinkleman

ok thanks for the info, my next question was when to do a trim session on the remaining leaf on the buds. once the small branch snaps im going to put some of the bud in the freezer to try out that method as well.

H

Hdinkleman

Really next packs I get will be 62%. I think that’s closer t my ideal preference and that’s what I would actually recommend
yes the boveda 62 i googled it and it came up, so i should get some for the long term jar storage, ill try to order some in a couple weeks. i think i got the buds stabilized with the humidity, i can hear the fan come on and off every ten mins or so, pretty sure i could keep them in there for a while only having to open when i have to refill the humidifier. next question though lol

when should i trim the sugar/fan leaves off? i can see the tips of the sugar leaves shriveling up and it looks like im gonna lose thc on them if they shrivel up and fall off

H

Hdinkleman

i trimmed them last night this is going on second day hanging, can someone direct me to a thread on how to perfect fry and cure? im going to throw a couple colas in the freezer after 3-4 days but i am still confused as to what the normal way to do it in paper bags is im hoping a get 2 ounces

94BD78B4 CF4A 4C7D BAEE 0969F2A0E127

Top Bottom