Some advice for outdoor livestock tank scrog lower michigan 2022

• Thread starter PurpleLurple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Aelpha

Flowering has been evident in early August the last two years that I have grown here about 12 miles North of Indiana.
A few of the 8 week strains should be ready in late August since I began pulling tarps on 2 July.
I watched a video about how plants communicate with each other and I believe that the naturally flowering plants will remind the depped plants not to re-veg and the extra light will not have negative effect.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I've purchased seeds from Oaseeds and Herbie's seeds. These are European companies which depending on many factors and how much you're willing to pay for shipping could take some time to be delivered. I've also purchased from Hella Dank Seed company out of Nevada and North Atlantic Seed company from Maine. Everyone has delivered the goods, just some faster than the other.

This summer I will run the following:

and

I have Sugar Black Rose Early version by Delicious seeds growing indoors right now. It started flowering at 15 hrs daylight and from the looks of it, should finish in about 8 weeks indoors under lights.
I believe those "early" strains have some ruderalis in them don't they?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I believe those "early" strains have some ruderalis in them don't they?
They do, yes ... at least the ones I have purchased over the years. However, they are not auto-flowers. They are a photo period dependent plant with their genetics revved up to start and finish flowering earlier which makes them nice for us northern farmers.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I had tried them once and it was not a good experience and I've never deviated from photoperiod again.
To be honest it was when they were just being introduced so perhaps they weren't quite perfected yet because they seemed to go away for a bit and come back?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've grown about a dozen different strains of fast flower photo-periods and I've never experienced what you're describing. They have always grown identical to the other photoperiod plants. The only difference has been they start flowering sooner and finish sooner than their ruderalis-free cousins.

grnmtn

grnmtn

But I will....vendor got batch of early flowering from Spain and they were all hermi seeds. Oh, not just mine but anyone who bought them as confirmed by vendor. So I'm happy you had all good experiences but that doesn't change mine.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Ok, regardless I've not had issues with them. I typically only run them outside in my greenhouse although I have run a few inside early on to see if I wanted to grow them.

Specifically what problems did you have? I guess when you said that they "seemed to go away for a bit" and come back I assumed they hit slow growth before finishing. I realize you meant they were in circulation and then seemed to disappear. I have no idea about how long they have been around because it's only my 3rd year running them outside. Mine have all been extremely vigorous plants. Zero herms.

Last edited:
grnmtn

grnmtn

Oh, no. I meant vendors put them out initially and then they mostly disappeared and then came back for good.

grnmtn

grnmtn

I personally stay away from anything with Ruderalis in it because I despise it for many reasons. Sensitive to its taste, even in small amounts..

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've not noticed any significant difference between Sugar Black Rose by 2 different seed banks. There's slight terpene profile differences but still very similar in taste. Both very strong and long lasting. One was fast flower and the other was a normal female seed. I ran them during different runs but now I wish I ran them together. Almost all of my early flower strains have come from Delicious Seeds. Tropicanna Poison is from Sweet Seeds and my GSC fast version is a white label seed pack from NASC out of Maine.

grnmtn

grnmtn

Like I said, it was like 4 years ago and only one strain but like 85 herms out of 100. Costly. Oh yeah, they replaced my seeds but I was out a lot of time and $$$$$

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I would be upset if that happened to me with purchased seeds. I had a case of hermies a few runs back but those were from bag seed. Fortunately, even though I had some seeds, it didn't ruin the whole crop. I run with a negative pressure inside my tent and I think a lot of the pollen was sucked into my carbon filter system ... sparing most of the crop. However, I don't run bag seed anymore no matter what. It's a similar parallel to your experience with the fast flower strains you have tried. I get it you're reluctant to try them again anytime soon ... but my luck with them have been profoundly different.

PurpleLurple

PurpleLurple

Based on MiGrampas recommendation, I bought some Fast version TROPICANNA Poison and fast Sweet Cheese, for lower Michigan. They are vigorous and growing like crazy. If all goes well, I will be running other fast strains next season.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Based on MiGrampas recommendation, I bought some Fast version TROPICANNA Poison and fast Sweet Cheese, for lower Michigan. They are vigorous and growing like crazy. If all goes well, I will be running other fast strains next season.
I'm curious what city your in?
I'm in Warren
So I've come to the conclusion by doing "autos" 10 at a time and 2 "photos" doin there thing. And REALLY being on top of the germination process. You & I could essentially pull 2 yields while waiting for the photos to get big & do their thing.
Hmu if ur interested in what that would consist of.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

Also meant to tell you about a site I found.
It's called
" premium cultivars"
They have decent prices and good variety
I have not done any business w them tho
2 be clear

Top Bottom