Some advice on canoeing of leaves šŸ›¶

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

So Iā€™m not super concerned about the leaves but Iā€™m curious as to whatā€™s causing this issue. Itā€™s only happening to this particular plant the rest are perfect. Iā€™m thinking itā€™s because the buds are closer to the light but I say that and yet some lower buds on that plant are doing it as well. My temps are 74-79f and RH is 50-60%. In coco feeding mega crop 1 part and bud explosion at 1.3 ec going in and run off is at 1.5-1.6. Yes I know this is lower than there feed scheduled but I got a slight tip burn earlier in the grow so I backed off. Iā€™m feeding 3 times a day with plenty of run off. I also did have a large fan that was blowing on the top buds but I adjusted it yesterday. All the leaves are praying to the lights at about 1000 par in the center and 700 on the edge.Thanks for any thoughts.
Some advice on canoeing of leaves
Some advice on canoeing of leaves 2
Some advice on canoeing of leaves 3
Some advice on canoeing of leaves 4
Some advice on canoeing of leaves 6
Some advice on canoeing of leaves 4

Some advice on canoeing of leaves 5
Some advice on canoeing of leaves 7
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Caused by high light levels, Iā€™m sure itā€™s the most obvious where the PAR levels are the highest.
Thatā€™s what I was thinking as well but there are a few lower buds that the leaves are doing it as well, in a spot where the par is definitely not the highest. Iā€™m debating turning the lights down a bit but at the sacrifice of the edges so Iā€™m not sure.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
Have you taken leaf temps? Do you have a fan over the top of the canopy?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
Ok. Then its light levels. You could dial it back or let it ride for the greater good.
I wouldnā€™t worry about it too much.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I'm looking for the same sort of symptoms, but so far not seeing them. I've got 12 inches to work with, 1100-1300 PAR in the center, 500-600 in the corners. But no plant directly under the center - 4 plants in a square, so only a quarter of each plant is actually under the brightest part. I have no idea if such a brightness gradient is averaged out through the plant in any way.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I'm looking for the same sort of symptoms, but so far not seeing them. I've got 12 inches to work with, 1100-1300 PAR in the center, 500-600 in the corners. But no plant directly under the center - 4 plants in a square, so only a quarter of each plant is actually under the brightest part. I have no idea if such a brightness gradient is averaged out through the plant in any way.
I have a bar style light and a board style light and the bar is much more even with barely any ā€œhot spotsā€ unlike the board style. The main bud thatā€™s doing this is in between both lights which maybe part of my issue.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

When you posted, I tried to figure out what the most likely cause would be, and I came up with windburn, or heat stress. Not sure about sheer LED brightness. I've cooked plants before with light turned up, and while it was obvious in the end, I don't know how it started. I don't think I had leaves doing what yours are doing though. I also ran across possible correlation to calcium deficiency symptoms, but that shouldn't be localized. Sounds like for that strain you're just on the edge of conditions. Perhaps add something to the nutes designed to help with stress, like Silica Blast, and maybe humic acid (Diamond Nectar). Maybe one or two of those mushroom bags for extra CO2 even.

DanC520

DanC520

Itā€™s light Iā€™d imagine as others said. Wouldnā€™t worry about it if mild. I feel like some of the nicest buds I see have canoeing upper fans in late flower. For example here of some of Exotics plant pics for their upcoming Scotty 2 Hotty release. THESE ARE NOT MINE
C8FA4444 DCA8 4493 ADA5 62B79BBFF1E2
6302D6FA 7942 4D94 A579 2E0C5EDAA728
C56584D2 D5E2 4A36 A0D6 6E4F75441D77

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Itā€™s light Iā€™d imagine as others said. Wouldnā€™t worry about it if mild. I feel like some of the nicest buds I see have canoeing upper fans in late flower. For example here of some of Exotics plant pics for their upcoming Scotty 2 Hotty release. THESE ARE NOT MINE
View attachment 1226389View attachment 1226390View attachment 1226391
I would agree that I have seen some nice buds with the same thing and I would be fine with it in late flower but Iā€™m just starting week 4 of flower

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

When you posted, I tried to figure out what the most likely cause would be, and I came up with windburn, or heat stress. Not sure about sheer LED brightness. I've cooked plants before with light turned up, and while it was obvious in the end, I don't know how it started. I don't think I had leaves doing what yours are doing though. I also ran across possible correlation to calcium deficiency symptoms, but that shouldn't be localized. Sounds like for that strain you're just on the edge of conditions. Perhaps add something to the nutes designed to help with stress, like Silica Blast, and maybe humic acid (Diamond Nectar). Maybe one or two of those mushroom bags for extra CO2 even.
I like the idea of possibly adding something to help with stress, I would tend to agree for that plant Iā€™m pushing it a bit hard.

DanC520

DanC520

Maybe a tad early, but still wouldnā€™t worry if mild. If still stretching might need to raise light or dim a little. But Iā€™d only worry if plant tells you. I know my ladies have done it. These ones are mine. Iā€™m early week 7, but these been there for a little bit.
A33C1920 73C0 4DFB 8C11 A9AA8BCF6163
8274C222 3AF5 44C7 A9C8 17385533F603
2DCE9D08 C3D5 4DDF 89A4 6497A1439825

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Maybe a tad early, but still wouldnā€™t worry if mild. If still stretching might need to raise light or dim a little. But Iā€™d only worry if plant tells you. I know my ladies have done it. These ones are mine. Iā€™m early week 7, but these been there for a little bit. View attachment 1226400View attachment 1226401View attachment 1226402
Well thanks that at least makes me feel better. I wasnā€™t too stressed about it, I was more curious than anything. Trying to dial everything in and obsessing over trying to make my runs ā€œperfectā€ or as close to it.

Top Bottom