Some Basic Questions From A Newngrower.

• Thread starter Madcow101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Madcow101

Of weed anyway. So this last spring and summer I got a 65 gallon nursery pot and I used some generic name brand of organic soil from Home Depot to sloppily plant about 500+- bag weed seeds thinking only a few would grow. Well I’m thinking they all grew. I almost got busted because my back patio looked like a tropical rain forest. I killed all of them and let the two female plants grow all summer. The pot was awesome. So now I would like to introduce a little order to my process and do it again next spring. I plan on sticking with the big old pot, and I will lay out my garden so that my weed is hidden amongst my other stuff, and I’ll plant strong smelling flowers and mint to confuse the smell some.

So what I’m after is seeds, I am looking for Durban poison if I can find them. I’m also looking for a soul recommendation I can buy off the shelf at Home Depot if that’s doable. Sorry for asking questions that y’all have likely answered every day since the forum opened, but I used the search feature and did not find what I’m after, but I’ll take links to any thread that y’all recommend. Thanks and have a great day.

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

When you ask questions like that you will get a million answers and opinions on what to do. This is something that you have to figure out for yourself and every yr you will learn from mistakes and get better as a grower.

Best advice is look through people's threads ....If you see a style you like, read and see how they do it and try to copy.

M

Madcow101

That’s kind of how it went before. Matter of fact, bad things only happened if I messed with the plants. I’m thinking about trying indoor over the winter, but that’s so short in my area I may as well wait until April. Thanks much, and I’ll keep digging.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Of weed anyway. So this last spring and summer I got a 65 gallon nursery pot and I used some generic name brand of organic soil from Home Depot to sloppily plant about 500+- bag weed seeds thinking only a few would grow. Well I’m thinking they all grew. I almost got busted because my back patio looked like a tropical rain forest. I killed all of them and let the two female plants grow all summer. The pot was awesome. So now I would like to introduce a little order to my process and do it again next spring. I plan on sticking with the big old pot, and I will lay out my garden so that my weed is hidden amongst my other stuff, and I’ll plant strong smelling flowers and mint to confuse the smell some.

So what I’m after is seeds, I am looking for Durban poison if I can find them. I’m also looking for a soul recommendation I can buy off the shelf at Home Depot if that’s doable. Sorry for asking questions that y’all have likely answered every day since the forum opened, but I used the search feature and did not find what I’m after, but I’ll take links to any thread that y’all recommend. Thanks and have a great day.
in my opinion there's better strains than Durban Poison.well the DP i had back in the day wasn't that good although i know there's good dp kickin around.the most famous Durban poison cross is girl scout cookies which is awesome and there's MILLIONS of Gsc type strains available but there's loads of other good strains available for little money.
what country are u in may i ask?the reason i ask is what strains you can grow depends on what your weathers like.you mention home depot so I'm assuming the US?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

you can get top quality soil descreetly delivered to your door.my soil preference is canna pro plus but in the states fox farm soil is pretty popular.the canna pro plus and fox farm are some of the more expensive types of soil though but if your going to go to all the effort and risk to grow you may as well do it right with good soil and the best genetics u can get.

M

Madcow101

in my opinion there's better strains than Durban Poison.well the DP i had back in the day wasn't that good although i know there's good dp kickin around.the most famous Durban poison cross is girl scout cookies which is awesome and there's MILLIONS of Gsc type strains available but there's loads of other good strains available for little money.
what country are u in may i ask?the reason i ask is what strains you can grow depends on what your weathers like.you mention home depot so I'm assuming the US?

Yes sir. In the gulf coast area between Arizona and Lousianastan. Good growing weather here. I’m close to the ocean of it matters. I am wanting to stick with Sativas because Im pretty sure that’s what the Na seed was. Defiantly not indikas. I saw plenty of that when I lived in Colorado. But food out door plants is what I’m after. Sorry bout spelling, I’m stuffing my face.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

you should be able to grow good indoor strains outdoors were u live.
if you like sativas super silver haze is good.bodhi does a good ssh cross called silver mountain.
what kinda flavors were u lookin for?

M

Madcow101

you should be able to grow good indoor strains outdoors were u live.
if you like sativas super silver haze is good.bodhi does a good ssh cross called silver mountain.
what kinda flavors were u lookin for?

Just smokable. I’m not picky, I’m mostly growing for my wife. The brick around here is just not an option. To moody, green and gross. I guess “not harsh” is about the only flavor requirements.

M

Madcow101

you can get top quality soil descreetly delivered to your door.my soil preference is canna pro plus but in the states fox farm soil is pretty popular.the canna pro plus and fox farm are some of the more expensive types of soil though but if your going to go to all the effort and risk to grow you may as well do it right with good soil and the best genetics u can get.

I agree. This last stuff is just what I had.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sativa would be ideal as it doesn’t “stink” in flower . Indica smells like a skunk died !
Homedepot, green bag, organic is good. May need to amend a bit or use bottled nutes to supplement.
Fish and bat guano is about all u need . Some cal mag and good ol Mollases!

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

oh aye your outside so a bit o fish emulsion will serve u we'll,as will many other shit to amend your soil with,blood bone meal,sulphate of potash,word castings,insect grass etc etc.just be sure wen mixing things like potash and bone meal to start off with a wee sprinkle of em over the top o your soil before u mix it in then if that was ok next groe try a little more until your happy with it.just becarefull though as too much can burn your leaves to a crisp but at the right levels it will give your plant a boost.im no expert at amendments so its best to do a little digging up some info from people who are soil masters.just google that shit.theres loadsa info out there ,you just need to look

M

Madcow101

oh aye your outside so a bit o fish emulsion will serve u we'll,as will many other shit to amend your soil with,blood bone meal,sulphate of potash,word castings,insect grass etc etc.just be sure wen mixing things like potash and bone meal to start off with a wee sprinkle of em over the top o your soil before u mix it in then if that was ok next groe try a little more until your happy with it.just becarefull though as too much can burn your leaves to a crisp but at the right levels it will give your plant a boost.im no expert at amendments so its best to do a little digging up some info from people who are soil masters.just google that shit.theres loadsa info out there ,you just need to look

Yeah, was doing just that. Even took my list to a local small nursery and I think the fellow knew what I was up to. Hmm, I’ll keep y’all posted. I am moving house to should have better sun to.

Top Bottom