• Thread starter benr31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

benr31

Hi guys

First time grower here
I'm in organic living soil
Using worm juice and Canna Florres nutes. Recently top dressed last week with more blood and bone and sulphur of potash and gave nutes in water.
Have given just water this week Since then.

Today I noticed 4 tops had these wilted browning leaves.
3 were on one plant and 2 on another.
I have 3 plants and the third seemed fine with the biggest buds and no withering visible

The hairs and stems look fine, just the leaves seem to be having the issue.i removed the 4 just incase.
I have been getting alot of rain which is giving me some humidity issues which only usually lasts a day or so once every week. I am buying a dehumidifier tomorrow to combat that.

Does anyone know what this problem is and how to fix it? I'd hate it to happen to the whole tent
Thanks for reading :)

Ps: the third photo is the best bud so far.

Some bud leaves are withering in flower
Some bud leaves are withering in flower 2
Some bud leaves are withering in flower 3
PK1

PK1

Supporter
at what ppm are you feeding the plants? Your top feeding along with more nutrient water has made your soil rich of nutrient. Maybe just water it for couple more times.
I think its either excess potassium or phosphorus but le's see what others say.

B

benr31

at what ppm are you feeding the plants? Your top feeding along with more nutrient water has made your soil rich of nutrient. Maybe just water it for couple more times.
I don't have a ppm reader. I'm going to buy one tomorrow aswell, I've just been using 10L watering can and mixing per recommended on the bottle, but I wouldn't be surprised if I over fed nutes aswell judging on how it's gotten more little nutrient burns this week.
I was thinking the same due to the extra topdress I'd given. less is more is the approach I think I need to take

B

benr31

I don't have a ppm reader. I'm going to buy one tomorrow aswell, I've just been using 10L watering can and mixing per recommended on the bottle, but I wouldn't be surprised if I over fed nutes aswell judging on how it's gotten more little nutrient burns this week.
I was thinking the same due to the extra feed I'd given less is more is the approach I think I need to take
what is your temps and humidity at?
25-29°c and usually 45-55% but when it rains overnight it may hit 75 for a few hours That's only every few days though

PK1

PK1

Supporter
during rainy days when your humidity goes up, just heat the place more and have better air circulation. THat should bring the humidity down.

B

benr31

Bugs. Get your microscope out and check for reallly tiny bugs on those leaves.
Oh no 😕
I will when I get home
I've never treated for pests, only some sticky insect baits when I'd noticed that there was tiny little flies, they seem to be visually gone but some are appearing on traps still.
I will do an inspection when I finish work

B

benr31

during rainy days when your humidity goes up, just heat the place more and have better air circulation. THat should bring the humidity down.
I have one fan full time and another on during lights on. A fulltime large exhaust and have one opening on the bottom to let air through, I need this dehumidifier because I live in a humid part of Australia where it's already hot, so when it rains it's just a prick haha

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

That looks like fungus among us. Either way I'd put a bag over it's head and quietly snip it off at the ankles while nobody is looking and quickly shuttle it out of the room.
Bugs or fungus one.

B

benr31

I did a bit of googling and it looks to fusarium wilt? The drooping leaves and curling upwards symptoms specifically, also I've found random dead browned dried leaves but still attached, just hanging in the midst of the canopy.

Is there any way to get rid of that if it was the case?

I'm not home yet to inspect but will report back when I do

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I did a bit of googling and it looks to fusarium wilt? The drooping leaves and curling upwards symptoms specifically, also I've found random dead browned dried leaves but still attached, just hanging in the midst of the canopy.

Is there any way to get rid of that if it was the case?

I'm not home yet to inspect but will report back when I do
No not at this stage besides cutting it out like a cancer and hoping it doesn't spread. Could be fusarium or botrytis or pythium or any off a list.. symptoms are pretty similar among them

Not worth trying to save that sick shit.

B

benr31

No not at this stage besides cutting it out like a cancer and hoping it doesn't spread. Could be fusarium or botrytis or pythium or any off a list.. symptoms are pretty similar among them

Okay thanks, I chopped it off instantly when I saw it, as I would any odd looking parts

B

benr31

What would cause that, if it was that? High humidity? So I know for next time

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
What would cause that, if it was that? High humidity? So I know for next time
Environment for sure such as humidity. Also unhygienic pruning like not having clean hands when you pluck leaves etc can be a factor. Not filtering incoming air if it's vented can be a factor. Touching the buds repeatedly... Need to keep everything clean, earth, wind, and digits.

Madmax

Madmax

What kind of filter you recommend dirtbag.one whats washable i guess.ive heard filters can b breeding grounds for botrytis.

B

benr31

I have kept the humidity below 50% for past few days, had removed the buds which had the dying browning leaves.

Just did another inspection and it's spreading around...
One or a few leaves on some buds has this wilt..

Any ideas? Or am I gonna lose the crop

IMG 20220115 114828
IMG 20220115 114757
IMG 20220115 114812
GreatWhiteBud

GreatWhiteBud

How close are your lights? Maybe back them off a bit and dim them? I burned the Jesus out of my last crop by not raising the lights enough and having them too intense during flower.

Latest posts

Top Bottom