Some buds smell great others bland, drying

• Thread starter AngryPossum
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AngryPossum

AngryPossum

Hi I’m drying my buds and noticed some smell awesome and some are real bland with almost no smell at all. Is this normal? Do the ones that smell bad have mold maybe? And How do I check for mold. I do have a jewelers loupe at 60x. Does it see the mold on the bland buds?

elduderito

elduderito

if it's different plants from seed it's probably just different phenos... I find only the fire/keeper phenos retain their smell throughout the drying process... often you have to give the buds a little squeeze to get them to release some terps/smells.

I don't get it - how can you not be sure how many plants your drying?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Smell your flower does it smell bland or moldy? Smoking moldy bud can be hazerist to your health, if your plants were cured correctly they should all smell good, how did you cure it? Up in Maine we grew pounds of weed and cure it in a climate controlled room but even then bc we had so much we had to turn the branches that were hanging against the wall or one side would have been messed up, the branches hanging freely were not a problem bc they all got even airflow, when cureing you want the outside of the flower somewhat hard but still wet on inside, then into Mason jars that you open 2 or 3 times a day to release the chloroform, once the flower stops smelling like hay or grass that means most of the chloroform has been released at this point we pop in a humidity chip and once every week or 2 open the jars any leftover chloroform will then be released and your flower should smell proper, the longer you cure it the better, you can fast dry weed by hanging it up for a bit longer then put in plastic baggie and leave open on the table, once in a while give it a shake, at night close the bag and in the morning repeat till the hay smell is gone and flower is dry enough to smoke, we do this so we have weed to smoke while most of the rest is cureing properly.

AngryPossum

AngryPossum

Smell your flower does it smell bland or moldy? Smoking moldy bud can be hazerist to your health, if your plants were cured correctly they should all smell good, how did you cure it? Up in Maine we grew pounds of weed and cure it in a climate controlled room but even then bc we had so much we had to turn the branches that were hanging against the wall or one side would have been messed up, the branches hanging freely were not a problem bc they all got even airflow, when cureing you want the outside of the flower somewhat hard but still wet on inside, then into Mason jars that you open 2 or 3 times a day to release the chloroform, once the flower stops smelling like hay or grass that means most of the chloroform has been released at this point we pop in a humidity chip and once every week or 2 open the jars any leftover chloroform will then be released and your flower should smell proper, the longer you cure it the better, you can fast dry weed by hanging it up for a bit longer then put in plastic baggie and leave open on the table, once in a while give it a shake, at night close the bag and in the morning repeat till the hay smell is gone and flower is dry enough to smoke, we do this so we have weed to smoke while most of the rest is cureing properly.

I have small silica gel bags, will that be ok to use in each mason jar for humidity? The jars are starting to smell good now. Much better since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom