Some experienced growers opinions please

• Thread starter SlothofDoom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

The big girl is only about a week older than the little girl. Both are NL autos from fast buds if I remember right.

Since my first grow I wasn't taking it serious and wanted to test some arguments on autos, such as topping, defoliating, ext...

Just looking for opinions on my big girl (see pics). I have topped, defoliated heavily a couple times, and even found plant laying on her side one day (still don't know how lol). But anyone think she still has a chance or did I make her to sick?
Some experienced growers opinions please
Some experienced growers opinions please 2
Some experienced growers opinions please 3
Some experienced growers opinions please 4

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Is your concern that she's not as far along in bud development? It's probably just natural variation in the strain.

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Is your concern that she's not as far along in bud development? It's probably just natural variation in the strain.
Sort of. She started flowering slow. Finally started Friday. And there is still growth. I suppose question is related to stress. I'm assuming she was a little slow from stress. Didn't think there was that much difference in same strain so what you said makes sense and gonna research that.

I might just be being a little impatient, but does she look like she is in good shape for being 45 out from day of sprout? Just surprised at the difference between the 2. And looked at the dates I wrote down and only about 4 days apart from little girl. And I guess some confirmation I'm thinking on it to hard and she looks like she will be fine.

Is it a common thing for autos of same strain to grow so different? And wonder because as soon as these are done I have some glue gelato and gonna do 4 of them. And your comment now raises more questions lol. But I'll leave it here as I also have several different variables in each plant and probably over thinking. And getting a little antsy. First time growers 😒

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

It looks perfectly healthy. It's just a longer flowering plant.

If you're in a tent, try dropping the light to 12/12. I wonder if this gal is a photo plant.
Was wondering the same thing. But just this morning I noticed more growth from yesterday. And yes, she in a 4x4. She just way bigger and took two weeks longer to start flowering. Is a photo heavy auto a thing? Just hope she don't hit the end of her life and this is all I get lol. But as far as I'm concerned she can take her time if she keeps pushing and I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe she is just gonna turn out to be a beast.

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Also wonder if being in a 7 gallon pot is making her take longer. Other 2 are in 5 gal.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I dont think fast buds sells just nl. They look good i would thin them out a bit to improve airflow and light penetration but there your girls looks good.

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

I dont think fast buds sells just nl. They look good i would thin them out a bit to improve airflow and light penetration but there your girls looks good.
Just what I did last night. And it took forever lol

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Looks damn good. AutoFlowers are a bit tricky sometimes. And if you make a lot of variables it can push their flower back a little. I personally don't top them and usually LST.
IMG 20210429 063953197 HDR
But this grow I only have done strategic defoliation. Popped these March 5th, just finishing up their stretch now. Time for another defoliation today.

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Looks damn good. AutoFlowers are a bit tricky sometimes. And if you make a lot of variables it can push their flower back a little. I personally don't top them and usually LST. View attachment 1118674But this grow I only have done strategic defoliation. Popped these March 5th, just finishing up their stretch now. Time for another defoliation today.
Those are nice looking. Like I said, this is my first grow. And I stared just to prove to my little brother that he is getting the wrong info on autos. He talked with a ceo via email who told him just feed a little bit and absolutely do not remove any leaves or top or mess with. Just let it grow. Told my brother autos have came a long ways and you can do all that. He said the ceo knows more then I do. So I'm proving them both wrong. Just a little back ground info that's unnecessary lol.

Now that I've experimented and got some experience under my belt I'll be doing 4 glue gelato autos and try and use what I've learned. Going with lst and lite defoliation this time around and gonna log everything.
1st pic is 7 week old nl
2nd is 6 week nl
3rd is 4 week purple lemonade
IMG 20210428 212615 01
20210428 172616
IMG 20210428 212713 01

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

Fast buds have got a nl and got a decent sale at minute on most seeds buy 1 get one free
I found this sale after I ordered my barney's farm glue auto unfortunately. Hopefully I'll have some extra money this week and take advantage of sale.

The nl growing is from ministry of cannabis.

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

Sort of. She started flowering slow. Finally started Friday. And there is still growth. I suppose question is related to stress. I'm assuming she was a little slow from stress. Didn't think there was that much difference in same strain so what you said makes sense and gonna research that.

I might just be being a little impatient, but does she look like she is in good shape for being 45 out from day of sprout? Just surprised at the difference between the 2. And looked at the dates I wrote down and only about 4 days apart from little girl. And I guess some confirmation I'm thinking on it to hard and she looks like she will be fine.

Is it a common thing for autos of same strain to grow so different? And wonder because as soon as these are done I have some glue gelato and gonna do 4 of them. And your comment now raises more questions lol. But I'll leave it here as I also have several different variables in each plant and probably over thinking. And getting a little antsy. First time growers 😒
I found this sale after I ordered my barney's farm glue auto unfortunately. Hopefully I'll have some extra money this week and take advantage of sale.

The nl growing is from ministry of cannabis.
I ordered some auto zkittles from Barney's farm they are turning out to be pretty small autos how did yours turn out

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

I ordered some auto zkittles from Barney's farm they are turning out to be pretty small autos how did yours turn out
I chopped her last week. Basically I started with 3 plants for my 1st grow. My intentions weren't to do them perfect, but to gain personal experience. Out of the 3 I have 1 little nl that's getting ready to be harvested and a purple lemonade that still going in flower and doing really well. Here some pics of the 2 remainders
20210522 150629
20210522 141742

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

And I have 4 glue gelato from barney's to start. Hope they aren't like your zkittles. Getting ready to start 2 glue gelato, 2 big buds, and 2 purple stilton.
I feel I have these as well for my next run but I ran out of space right now I have 25 plants 23 autos and they outgrew my tent so I have 7 outside getting sunshine during day and 6 outside the tent in my room. These came from good karma seeds and are huge!

IMG 20210523 154422745
IMG 20210522 215701265
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

The big girl is only about a week older than the little girl. Both are NL autos from fast buds if I remember right.

Since my first grow I wasn't taking it serious and wanted to test some arguments on autos, such as topping, defoliating, ext...

Just looking for opinions on my big girl (see pics). I have topped, defoliated heavily a couple times, and even found plant laying on her side one day (still don't know how lol). But anyone think she still has a chance or did I make her to sick?View attachment 1118444View attachment 1118445View attachment 1118446View attachment 1118447
They look good to me. Lol the sativa dominant strains like what the first pic looks like can have a longer flowering time then other autos.

Ismokealottapot

Ismokealottapot

They look good to me. Lol the sativa dominant strains like what the first pic looks like can have a longer flowering time then other autos.
Yea I'm not worried about the flower times I'm not even keeping a calendar in them just observing plants and they tell you what and when they need if you know what to look for. When they are ready to be pulled and hung I will take them out 1 at a time. I'm more worried about mold and all that dense small light green foliage not getting enough light penetration. I tucked some of the fan leaves in. Just wondering what some of you guys with experience think I should do..and yes I will be doing lst very early on to increase my next yield but these are just the plants outside the tent my tent is full as well as well as some outside.

SlothofDoom

SlothofDoom

The little one (both in 5 gal pots) is the northern lights. Was gonna wait a week to start harvest but I thing she having root problems and is really floppy. Like stalk is almost severed at soil level (it's not). So since I'm in a hurry for the room in the 4x4 I said fuck it and started harvest last night. Now gonna put the bigger one in my 2x2 by herself and clean 4x4 and start germinating tomorrow

Latest posts

Top Bottom