Some input my babys arent feelin good!!

• Thread starter nybud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nybud

O.K. I have been reading since yesterday trying to figure out whats wrong with my babys, I think it could be either nitrogen def, not enough water (3 times a day via spaghetti tubes, 18/6 schedule) or over fert. So I decided to throw some pics up and you guys tell me what you think.

GROW TYPE: ebb-n- drain 6'' net pots using hydrotons

STRAIN: dont laugh!! skunk #1

LIGHTING: 400w M/H using aurora sunleaves hood 18'' from plants

NUTES:Fox Farms trio pack

TEMPS LIGHTS OFF:68 degrees

TEMP LIGHTS ON:80 degrees

HUMIDITY:18 to 25%

CURRENTLY: second day of veg (4-7-09)

Also when I bought my nutes the guy at the hydro store sold me FF liquid plant food and not the one for hydro, I didnt realize until I got home so called and asked "is it alright to use with a hydro set up he said yea" from my understanding is that its twice as strong as the the hydro version. They gave me a FF feeding schedule has anybody ever tried it? please any help would help and dont tell me to read because i just looked through all the threads in the infirmary:sad0047:.
o ph lvl 5.5 to 6.0 I check with a hanna ph meter

Some input my babys arent feelin good
Some input my babys arent feelin good 2
Some input my babys arent feelin good 3
Some input my babys arent feelin good 4
Some input my babys arent feelin good 5
Some input my babys arent feelin good 6
Some input my babys arent feelin good 7
Some input my babys arent feelin good 8
Some input my babys arent feelin good 9
mace

mace

Looks like under watering to me, very hard to tell. Could it be transplant stress?
When did you transplant, i ask because you say you're in your "second day" of veg?

If you have the time to fill this out, it will help us diagnose the issue quicker.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?
2. How old are your plants?
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What type of hydro system are you using?
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using?
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution?
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water?
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solution?
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution?
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check?
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check?
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
14. How close are your lights to the plants?
15. What size is your grow space in square feet?
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?
18. How much experience do you have growing?

N

nybud

1. Are you growing from seed or clones: SEED
2. How old are your plants: TWO WEEKS AND TWO DAYS
3. How tall are your plants: 3 1/2''
4. What type of hydro system are you using: EBB-N-DRAIN
5. What brand/type of nutrients are you using: FOX FARMS
6. What is the Ph of your nutrient solution: BETWEEN 5.8 TO 6.0
7. What is the PPM/EC of your tap water: N/A HAVENT PICKED UP METER YET GOING TODAY TO PICK ONE UP
8. What is the PPM/EC of your nutrient solutionl: N/A
9. What is the temperature of your nutrient solution: 68 DEGREES
10. Does your PPM/EC show a rise or fall when you do your daily PPM check:N/A
11. Does your pH show a rise or fall when you do your daily check:RISE ABOUT .2
12. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything:NO
13. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined:400WATT M/H
14. How close are your lights to the plants: 18''
15. What size is your grow space in square feet: 8 SQURE FEET
16. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space:ANSWER IN MY THREAD
17. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space: NO
18. How much experience do you have growing: BEGINNER

N

nybud

I had them in starter plugs and when I saw some roots about a week in I put them in the 6'' net pots and they have been there since.

B

beanz240

First i want to saw i know nothing about hydro so i might not be helping, that being said when my humidity goes low my leaves look similar.

mace

mace

Hmmm, still seems as though it's underwatering in my mind.

How long are you flood/feed sessions?
You say you feed through a tube, i've never done that personally, but my 'ebb and flow' grows were 15 min floods, 4 times during their "day."

N

nybud

I had them going for 15 mins 3x a day yesterday I swithed to 4x cuz in my heart I kinda felt they need more water.

N

nybud

yea Beanz going to pick up a humidifier today because my humidity isnt where it should be thanks for the input Beanz and Mace

mace

mace

if ripz says it, i'd go with it.

Maybe ill add this to the sick guide. Would you mind if i used a few of your pictures?

N

nybud

not at all Mace use them all if you need, Ripz thanks for your input!

I will keep you guys posted..

N

nybud

aight I went to the hydroponic shop yesterday, I was talking to the owner who wink wink grows tomatoes, he told me that my plants were being under-watered and I should run with the water on 18 hrs instead of only 3x on for 15 min or 4x 15mins so I said what the hell am going to try it. So I set the pump to the lowest setting, set the timer and left it. This morning I woke up to find my babys standing up and not wilting!!! O yea and I also put in a honeywell humidifier that also helped them out so thanks guys for the help and advice hope this thread will help some one in the future peace..

NYBUD

mace

mace

probably a mixture of both issues :)

Just a warning, watch that your pump doesn't make your rez water too hot from being on all day. You don't want to breed microbes or heat the root zone too much.

N

nybud

good point Mace I got a thermostat that I am going to put in, it was definetly a mixture of both. IDK how I missed the two main keys to success well you learn from your mistakes.

F

Fear

post new pics of perked up plants please, like to see the difference. Also I would try to drop temp 5 degrees during the day if possible.

S

sirshamus

Your kids are looking much better. I did the opposite thing you did at the hydro store. I was growing in ffof and bought the hydro formula of the Grow Big, haha. I think it worked pretty well, hope you have the same luck.

N

nybud

Sirshamus I guess its a good mistake for the both of us lol...Thanks RIPZ they smell happy too lol.

F

Fear

:sad0047:Def. looks better homie. I hate droopy plants makes me sad. Then i take a bong hit and I am all better.:bong2: :)

Top Bottom