Some leaves are shriveling up; what’s going on?

• Thread starter Howls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Howls

As you can see, the majority of the plant looks healthy. It’s outdoors (in NY) and my other plant is doing just fine. But some of the leaves (on the main cola) and 2-3 other sites have weird, shriveling leaves… I’ve tried flushing out all nutes. I don’t see any mites. I don’t know what to try next. Has anyone seen and fixed this before?
A9D38D45-7F95-48AB-AE09-B04AAB137BE9.jpeg
Some leaves are shriveling up whats going on 2

Some leaves are shriveling up whats going on 3
Last edited:
PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
That's not looking good brother, sorry I can't tell you what the problem is. I only know I've seen people with similar looking damage and people bring up broad mites I think, they damage the new growth I think. Either them or russet do that Im pretty sure. But I'm just going on what I see others post when someone posts a pic with a plant like that.
Hopefully I'm wrong and it's something easy to fix.

H

Howls

That's not looking good brother, sorry I can't tell you what the problem is. I only know I've seen people with similar looking damage and people bring up broad mites I think, they damage the new growth I think. Either them or russet do that Im pretty sure. But I'm just going on what I see others post when someone posts a pic with a plant like that.
Hopefully I'm wrong and it's something easy to fix.
If it’s mites I thought you’d be able to see them with a magnifying glass. Thanks for the response, I appreciate the input.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
If it’s mites I thought you’d be able to see them with a magnifying glass. Thanks for the response, I appreciate the input.
With regular two spotted mites yes you could see with the naked eye sometimes.
But with those others they are tiny and I think you need like 100x to see them

Oklacloner

Oklacloner

Wettable sulfur sprayed on plants helps thwart mite populations. I use a paint sprayer to efficiently blast the entire surface. Don't spray in direct light. I usually use a tablespoon of sulfur per 5 gallon bucket. A surfactant like yucca or some dish soap helps to mix it in solution.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Wettable sulfur sprayed on plants helps thwart mite populations. I use a paint sprayer to efficiently blast the entire surface. Don't spray in direct light. I usually use a tablespoon of sulfur per 5 gallon bucket. A surfactant like yucca or some dish soap helps to mix it in solution.
Doesn't look like mites to me,no spotting on the leaves,looks like it got over fertilized or something.

Oklacloner

Oklacloner

Doesn't look like mites to me,no spotting on the leaves,looks like it got over fertilized or something.
Russet mites are easily confused with over fertilization. I don't see any tip burn, which is a tell of over fertilization. Russets are nearly impossible to see even with 100x magnification. They explode in hot dry conditions. They can be there in wet conditions and not do nearly as much damage, but when they do lookout.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Russet mites are easily confused with over fertilization. I don't see any tip burn, which is a tell of over fertilization. Russets are nearly impossible to see even with 100x magnification. They explode in hot dry conditions. They can be there in wet conditions and not do nearly as much damage, but when they do lookout.
I've never had to deal with them so I don't know anything about Russett mites, I was just going by the damage being in the growing tips first,I have had 2 spotted,black,white whatever color mites and the plants are usually attacked from the bottom up.

Oklacloner

Oklacloner

Hope that you never do lol. Those russet, or "rust" mites can be real mofos.

Latest posts

Top Bottom