Some really basic questions about cuttings/propagating

• Thread starter Al628
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Al628

Al628

I’m trying to propagate these, this is two really short cuttings together, just wondering if those leaves are too big or Wilty? Should I cut those off and just leave the very top small leaves? Or will this work. Sorry about the blurriness.

Then same question for this one, too many leaves for a cutting? Or should that one be good. And do cuttings do better in low light or light light? I know I’m doing it super basic just in a water glass, but I guess I’ll see what happens.

Some really basic questions about cuttingspropagating

Also I know this is probably a Stupid question but cuttings won’t grow from one leaf will they? Lol super new at growing, sorry for the basic questions

Al628

Al628

OH I forgot. What would happen if you cloned a plant that was already flowering? Would it work? Would it start growing as an already flowering plant? I’m not even sure if any of these are flowering yet but in a prev post, someone said one looked like a small male flower opening? But I can’t tell , so if it was, what would happen with a clone

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you should cut the leave blades in half, everyone of them. doesn’t need any significant light yet.
no a leave won’t grow a plant.
yes you can cut clones from a flowering plant, it’s called monster cropping and when cloning for myself it’s the only way!.

Al628

Al628

you should cut the leave blades in half, everyone of them. doesn’t need any significant light yet.
no a leave won’t grow a plant.
yes you can cut clones from a flowering plant, it’s called monster cropping and when cloning for myself it’s the only way!.
Why do you cut the leaves in half, you mean cut the tips of the leaves off, or straight down the middle?

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

OH I forgot. What would happen if you cloned a plant that was already flowering? Would it work? Would it start growing as an already flowering plant? I’m not even sure if any of these are flowering yet but in a prev post, someone said one looked like a small male flower opening? But I can’t tell , so if it was, what would happen with a clone
I wasn’t planning on taking any clones this run but really like the looks of a bubba kush. As I was doing the after stretch pruning, about 2 weeks into flower, I took a lower branch off and hit it with a rooting powder and stuck it in a root plug. It took about 3 weeks before I saw any change. It is now back in veg and doing well. Less light, trim the leaves and keep it moist (covered, I use a clear solo cup turned upside down). It can be done but I should have taken clones in veg, way less stress. Good luck!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think the rational behind the leaf cut is to keep the plant from wasting energy on leaf development and put that effort into root production.
When we take leaves, we dry and cure them just like bud. They have goodies in them also, just no where near the level of the bud. So we use them for mixing into herbal tinctures and salves...

Top Bottom