some rising ppm issues end of week 6? HELP

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

rising ppm issues end of week 6? HELP

Whats going on boys? I am having some issues with DD nute schedule and my purple kushes.

My plants are drinking about 30+gallons a day. The ppms have always stayed the same through veg all the way up until end of week 5, even though the water level in my rez drops.

The problems all started when I upped the ppms from 1300 in week 5 to 1400 in week 6. My plants are drinking the same amount of water, still packing on weight and look great besides a small powdery mildew issue on 3 plants which I am treating.

Anyways, My water levels drop a lot in one day now. I would estimate close to 40 gallons. Now my ppm drift up about 50ppms every day now for the last 5 days, always after lights on of course. I literally just add back ph-ed water to bring the ppms down to desired levels. This entire week 6 I have added no nutes with add backs. Just straight water to maintain the 1400 ppm. Ever day does the same thing... pops back up to 1450.

Does this mean my purple kush plants topped out at 1350? Is that why they are taking in more water then nutes. Could it possible be something else?

all comments very much appreciated. Just want to know if this is normal and if not what do I need to do to correct it.

thanks

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds like your right. how long a strain is it 8-9 weeks?

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

whats your temps? i had a ppm rising issue i just posted up here a few weeks ago and some of the research indicated that if your res is doing this it can be related to high temps
Now if you're EC, PPM is raising and your PH is decreasing, this is caused by the plant sweating. Possible causes are high heat or intense lighting. This problem will cause a nutrient lock out.
Most of the time this can be fixed by raising the light or creating more air circulation in the room moving that heat from the lights away from the top of the canopy.

other potential causes are:
too high of a EC (as you mentioned) which causes the plant to drink more then it eats thus leaving additional nutes behind raising your PPM.

fungus or bacteria in your res usually caused by too warm of a res/root zone. this seems to go hand and hand with the room being too warm because if the room is too warm it's likely so is the res and root zone.

i'd bet if you backed your ppm's down to where they were you would see this quit. the only thing that sucks for us hydro guys is we cant test theories out on a single plant like soil guys so we have to be so careful because were testing on our entire crop!

mikeross

mikeross

I have come to the conclusion that they just maxed out. My rez temps at its lowest is 65 and it drifts up to 70 when lights are on. It stays at around 68 for most of the time though.

I am planning to allow it to get down to 63 for the last 2 weeks in hopes to get more color, although this cut of purple kush doesn't go that purple especially if you take her down at 8 weeks like every damn butcher in my area does. Its pretty clear that these 8 week kush strains are just being taken down early. I bought a 60x-100x loop today and will go by what my trics tell me.

I played around with it for all of 5 mins and all trics on my plant are cloudy. I actually have to research what that actually means lol. I do plan to take her at 9 weeks max just to see what the trics look like at 9 weeks rather than 8 which everyone here takes them.

EDIT: took 1min with google to find this and 15 bucks for the loop. Is it possible that all my trics are already cloudy at end of week 6? could this strain really just be a quick finishing pheno of my local purple kush?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Your PPM'S are to high when they go up not down this is how you know to back off a little ...JACK

Top Bottom