Some thoughts about effects of different strains.

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
So from my understanding the factors that affect the the effects of strains are the terpene content and the cannabinoids.

The first thing I'll talk about is strains. It seems to me the idea that Indica causes a sedative and relaxing high and that sativa causes an energetic high aren't true because myrcene causes the relaxing high and limonene causes the energetic high but there are sativa strains that contain more myrcene than limonene and there are Indica strains that contain more limonene than myrcene. I know there are other terpenes that influence whether the strain gives you an energetic or relaxing high but even those aren't more predominant in Indica vs Sativa or the opposite and also the other terpenes either have different effects like pinene or they are not found in high amounts in cannabis.

Then cannabinoids also have an influence on the effect of the high. I know a bit less about this but I have a bit more experience for example, last grow I harvested early when there were no amber trichomes and I had a much more energetic high than I would have if I harvested later when there was more cbn. The strain was northern lights which is known to be a more sedating strain. I have some thoughts about why the colour of the trichome changes the effect of the strain. So as everybody knows, amber trichomes mean the thc is degrading and turning into cbn but what most people don't actually know is that cbn actually has no affect on your energy/sleepiness and acts similar to cbd. I heard on one of the Future cannabis project videos that the sleepiness is caused by the thc being at a lower dose which doesn't make any sense because you can smoke a bit of weed or take a low dose edible and still feel very awake but I've smoked weed that was harvested quite late and I fell asleep almost immediately. However, not only does the cbn mean that there is less thc because it has degraded but also the cbn acts against the thc causing it to be less psychoactive. Moving on, I've also tried weed that was harvested far too early when around half of the trichomes were clear so it was high in cbg and thc and it zero relaxing effects and also gave me a head ache but that's not really important. I don't really know a lot about cbg other than that it is sometimes used to treat prostate cancer so I can't really comment on that.

I don't really remember where I was going with this but anyone feel free to correct me or add anything because I'm quite interested in this subject and I'd like to expand my knowledge on it. Also if you don't understand something or have a question please ask.

Top Bottom