Some Yellowing In My Leaves

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

been having some yellowing in my leaves. seems to start in the middle and move through out. I'm in week 4 of flower. temp day/75 night/55 i know that is quite a dip on temp for the from day to night but that is hard to control with it being so cold here. i thought that could be whats causing it? I'm in coco. and feeding at about 1300 ppm right now. sorry about the shitty pics. any advice or input would be greatly appreciated

Some yellowing in my leaves
Some yellowing in my leaves 2
Some yellowing in my leaves 3
Some yellowing in my leaves 4
Some yellowing in my leaves 5
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Lets ask @Seamaiden She knows a ton about stuff like this :D

Will bump for anyone else to answer of course tho :D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mid-plant yellowing is pretty much always tied to a K problem in my experience. Coir? Even moreso.

@MGRox -- we were just discussing this issue in relation to coir, weren't we? I think the larger group could learn from what you told me. :)

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
might also want to check the ph of your run off for shits and giggles

MGRox

MGRox

It's really hard to tell with the "hypnotoad" pics. :) Yer lights are causing that pattern I suppose.

@Seamaiden I'm not 100% sure which particular thing you are referring to here xD. Though we did talk recently about differences with Peat and Coir, so I'm gonna guess maybe that.

If we compare Coir to Peat moss; Coir has a higher C:N ratio and requires approximately 10ppm more N (per week, most technically) than peat and is related to Coir immobilizing N. As well, Coir contains about 2-2.5% K by weight (out of the bag), so that relates to approximately 9 grams of K per pound of coir. I had asserted that it was possible that part of the reason people find coir to "burn out" after 8-12 months; may be related to the K in the Coir being used up (since people tend to run lower K values in coir).

I may not be covering what you were referring to here Sea and if so; let me know. At least this is probably the shortest to cover, heh.

303 DUB

303 DUB

here are some non toad hypnotizing photos of the issue maybe you guys can get a better idea. @Seamaiden if you thinkits a k problem do you think its a deficiency or a nute burn caused by k? if it is a deficiency what would be you suggestion on correcting the problem?

Nontoad6
Nontoad5
Nontoad4
Nontoad3
Nontoad2
Nontoad1
Last edited:
303 DUB

303 DUB

looks like it could be a nitrogen deficiency as well. but i thought it wasn't good to give extra nitrogen 4 weeks into flower?

303 DUB

303 DUB

aslo heres what I'm feeding them right now, maybe it will help to get a better idea of what they are taking in.
cal mag 5ml per gal.
cannazym 10ml per gal
powder kool bloom 1/4 tsp per gal
canna base A&B
ph @5.5

i was thinking maybe they need a bit of epsom salt too but i usually don't start them on epsom until week 7

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Up the pH. I wouldn't add Epsoms unless you're going to increase Ca here, too, the ratio is important IME. Overall, they look a bit hungry to me, though, so can you increase the Canna feeding? It's not a fertilizer I'm familiar with at all. Overall the bud growth looks pretty good to me, but they are eating themselves now and you need to finish flowering.

Right now I'm leaning less towards N- and more towards K-, straight up, after looking at those pix.

@MGRox -- you've given me a hell of an education on Ca, and the issues inherent with how well K ends up playing with other nutrients when you're growing in coir, specifically. :)

MGRox

MGRox

@303 DUB I'm a bit more familiar looking at the "profiles" (NPK) for various systems, though canna sucks as I cannot find guaranteed analysis to tell here. If you would like, I could figure up what your providing for ppms and that may help too. There are quite a few people on the forum here that use ppms and profiles with coir. To figure this though, I'd need a couple things from you. First, how much does the 1/4 tsp of that Kool Bloom weigh? Also, if you can list how much your giving of the Canna A & B. Finally, if you could list the guaranteed analysis (percents of elements) from those bottles; as well as the weight and volume listed on the labels. I can at least figure what your providing atm and that may help make some relations here. Oh and are you using R/O or tapwater?

I don't want to put information in that's out of place; like I did with my last post lol. Though I suppose there was a couple things recently that Sea and I discussed with Ca and K, but that isn't medium specific per se. I suppose I can brief on these aspects, so that its' "out there" but not necessarily relating this to your case.

There is something called the "Viets Effect" which is an interaction between 2 elements. Here, the presence of one element can dramatically increase the availability of a second element. This effect is most significant with Ca and K. The presence of a small amount of Ca can drastically increase a plants ability to uptake K.
However, on the opposite side of this spectrum; Ca is antagonistic to K overall and High levels of Ca will reduce the uptake rate of K in plants. Very high levels of Ca can actually reduce the uptake rate of K by as much as 30%.

For your situation I would need to look more at the profile ppms, but I suppose it may be possible that; If what your seeing is a K- (as per Sea) you could be getting some antagonism with the Ca. I would think you'd have ample K since your using the canna and kool bloom, but need to figure ppms first. Your pH being a little off wouldn't be reducing availability of K directly nor should there be a lockout.

Latest posts

Top Bottom