Somebody please help ! new to this techinique

• Thread starter Jonnypierce
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Hi everyone will somebody please me give me some advice, now I'm wanting to top my plants but I've never done it, and before I take a pair of sheers to them I just want to double check I'm doing it right first so any advice will be much appreciated, now do I cut at point 1 or 2 ? Now I my head I think I cut at point 1, bit like I say im not 100 % sure. T.I.A

Somebody please help  new to this techinique
Ponky

Ponky

In between you're marks. Clean the implement you're cutting with first. Make sure it's sharp. Sterilize it. Wash the hands.

Ponky

Ponky

Screenshot 20210717 163705 Chrome

If your going to cut now right close to this spot. Leave the fan leaf
Screenshot 20210717 163705 Chrome

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Wud you not advise doing it yet? They are only into the second week of veg ?

Ponky

Ponky

Wud you not advise doing it yet? They are only into the second week of veg ?
If you're going to top now then they will be short. And may grow arms that stretch. I like them 14 to 18" tall. And then topped. But if you want a short bush and you want to flip in a week it can work.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Stop, just stop man. Let the plant grow for goodness sake. Super crop it now, or wait, would be my advice.
On top of that, the plant looks auto, and that would be a huge mistake, if that's indeed the case.

Why exactly, would you contemplate "topping" a tiny plant that's obviously flowering???
Bad, bad idea... Please reconsider.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

No I'm not planning on flicking on flicking for a minimum of 2 and half weeks want them vegging at least 4 weeks, so I will just wait for now then and let them get to that size, thankyou for your advice, glad I didn't just go gun ho now ! 😂

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Stop, just stop man. Let the plant grow for goodness sake. Super crop it now, or wait, would be my advice.

On top of that, the plant looks auto, and that would be a huge mistake, if that's indeed the case.
I'm gonna wait like suggested, but no they aren't autos, but this is why I'm asking advice without just doing it to prevent me from making a huge mistake, it's all a learning curve man sure you started somewhere

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
No I'm not planning on flicking on flicking for a minimum of 2 and half weeks want them vegging at least 4 weeks, so I will just wait for now then and let them get to that size, thankyou for your advice, glad I didn't just go gun ho now ! 😂
They actually are in flower right now. Take a closer look.

I could be mistaken, the photo's aren't exactly crystal clear, I see what appears to look like hairs. Need better pics to determine if it's just preflowers, or something more.

mancorn

mancorn

If you want to clone the top you would be down below B (to keep as much stem on the clone). Otherwise above A as tight to the bottom of the last node. You want to leave as much stem as possible on the plant (to reduce splitting down the road).

3CCC8A40 7B00 4347 A8FC D416FB07D459

mancorn

mancorn

They actually are in flower right now. Take a closer look.

I could be mistaken, the photo's aren't exactly crystal clear, I see what appears to look like hairs. Need better pics to determine if it's just preflowers, or something more.
Looks like a clone that may have flipped/revegged.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

Thankyou for the advice, but what do you mean by flipped/revegged? I got some clones and I potted them up straight away and I started with them under a 600 w hps which was was too hot so I flicked I down to 400 w and now they seem alot better, I have them on a 18/6 light cycle. I just don't understand what you mean, sorry if I seem thick but it's all new to me

mancorn

mancorn

It’s just an obvious clone, so the 3 bladed leaf with rounded blades looks off. Could be the mother just flipped before the clones were made, got a funky light schedule at some point, or didn’t like the drop to 18 (from 24). But nothing to stress about, it’s looking fine.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Thankyou for the advice, but what do you mean by flipped/revegged? I got some clones and I potted them up straight away and I started with them under a 600 w hps which was was too hot so I flicked I down to 400 w and now they seem alot better, I have them on a 18/6 light cycle. I just don't understand what you mean, sorry if I seem thick but it's all new to me
flipped is set to 12/12 to induce flowering... sometimes a plant is in flower, but can be brought back to it's pre flowering state, call it re-veg.... Usually by increasing the amount of sunlight in a cycle.

Perhaps a flower you harvest, like the pheno, or some other aspect, (want it again) and cut it leaving enough leaves at the bottom, then nurse it back doing it all over again.... It also happens by other various methods, and/or stressors... But that's in a nutshell.

Photoperiods are the only cultivars that can be treated in this fashion, whereas an auto flowering plant only possess a single plant cycle. Plants can be kept for years, and regrown over and over again, if someone was so inclined, but there's some drawbacks to these methods also.

Jonnypierce

Jonnypierce

It’s just an obvious clone, so the 3 bladed leaf with rounded blades looks off. Could be the mother just flipped before the clones were made, got a funky light schedule at some point, or didn’t like the drop to 18 (from 24). But nothing to stress about, it’s looking fine.
Ah right cool we thankyou for your help pal, well they certainly didn't like it when I had them under the 600 watt light it nearly fried them so I turned it down and changed to 18 hrs light, cud this of caused it ? Below is a pic of what they looked like before

20210711 095938
20210711 095950
20210711 095938
Top Bottom