Someone help me please!?!? Weird abnormal growth twisted

• Thread starter daniel15slas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
daniel15slas

daniel15slas

My G14 autoflower has encountered some problems that I have no clue about. A little of backstory, the grow room is usually about 73 degrees while the lights are off be tends to climb to the upper 80s while I sleep. This has been happening for a couple weeks now, and off the advice of a friend I flushed her with 2 gallons of perfectly PHed water last Tuesday. Today while getting up to take piss I went to check them out and noticed that the room was around 88 degrees. I promptly opened the flap of the grow tent and it drastically lower the temp, along with that I put my large room fan in front of the passive airflow hole and now the room is around 77 degrees (lights on). I still believe that this issue is heat related and have since moved up my light, but the G14 and Blue Dream keep growing upwards even with my SCROG. Any suggestions are helpful.

Someone help me please weird abnormal growth twisted
Someone help me please weird abnormal growth twisted 2
Someone help me please weird abnormal growth twisted 3
Someone help me please weird abnormal growth twisted 4
Someone help me please weird abnormal growth twisted 5
Someone help me please weird abnormal growth twisted 6
dreamgreen

dreamgreen

Thick/knobby/twisted stems sounds like root rot. Smell your drain holes to confirm. If so—to fix it, let the soil dry completely between waterings, and also add some hydroguard to your water. Cleared mine right up, along with switching to fabric pots.

daniel15slas

daniel15slas

You can definitely see the heat stress and some minor nutrient burn probably from before you flushed. You need to get your temps in check. Hi root zone temps can also lead to issues and root rot but I don't think your quite there yet.

What you recommend temp wise?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What you recommend temp wise?
Well it's more complicated than that. I recommend leaf temps of 75f. Now that changes based on air temps and lighting used. A cheap IR temp gun is the best way.

But you can get close by guessing based on the type of lighting. The distance also plays a big role but typically leaf temps with LED that don't provide much IR would typically be about 5-8f cooler than air temps. HPS typically about 2-3f cooler.
But you see the edges of your leafs curling upwards that's a typical sign of heat stress and probably the easiest way to judge.

Now there are a lot of other factors like humidity, forced cooling and evaporative cooling of the leaf so you see it gets more complex.

An IR gun will remove all doubt but with some experience and knowledge it's pretty easy to determine

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

My G14 autoflower has encountered some problems that I have no clue about. A little of backstory, the grow room is usually about 73 degrees while the lights are off be tends to climb to the upper 80s while I sleep. This has been happening for a couple weeks now, and off the advice of a friend I flushed her with 2 gallons of perfectly PHed water last Tuesday. Today while getting up to take piss I went to check them out and noticed that the room was around 88 degrees. I promptly opened the flap of the grow tent and it drastically lower the temp, along with that I put my large room fan in front of the passive airflow hole and now the room is around 77 degrees (lights on). I still believe that this issue is heat related and have since moved up my light, but the G14 and Blue Dream keep growing upwards even with my SCROG. Any suggestions are helpful.
Hi y’all, was told autos like the higher temp upper 80s..that is what I have been doing and they doing fine... works out great in these summer temps.......😎
Happy growing

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hi y’all, was told autos like the higher temp upper 80s..that is what I have been doing and they doing fine... works out great in these summer temps.......😎
Happy growing
I agree skinny Twisted New Growth to me suggests pH but I could be wrong so I'll need to know more..

when you say "perfectly pHed water" what do you mean?

What are you're doing regarding the pH of what you feed, and what medium do you have?

daniel15slas

daniel15slas

No bugs... That was th first thing I checked for... The water I am using is store-bought distilled water (my town's water supply is fucking ass so I use distilled instead). I adjust the water to about a PH of 7 and when the water runs out it usually sits from 6.2-6.5. When I flushed them I checked their PPM and they were all around 450-550. The G14 was pretty high so that's why I suspected it was not doing well. But the growth is still twisted. I would be more concerned if its growth was stunted but in all honesty, it was my smallest plant at one point and it is now my second tallest. So idk what the fuck is going on. I honestly think it's just a light burn and minor nute burn (which I since flushed).

Medium Roots Organic Potting Soil Original mix

Also since I have you all here, I am using Advanced Nutes line.
Specifically
Sensei Bloom part A and B
Voodoo Juice (done using)
Big Bud
B52
and Overdrive.

I have been feeding the Part A and B a quarter of the original dose.
and the secondary nutes a full dose. This seems to have burned my plants some. Should I just turn down the secondary nutes to a half dose or quarter also?

Ace9137

Ace9137

No bugs... That was th first thing I checked for... The water I am using is store-bought distilled water (my town's water supply is fucking ass so I use distilled instead). I adjust the water to about a PH of 7 and when the water runs out it usually sits from 6.2-6.5. When I flushed them I checked their PPM and they were all around 450-550. The G14 was pretty high so that's why I suspected it was not doing well. But the growth is still twisted. I would be more concerned if its growth was stunted but in all honesty, it was my smallest plant at one point and it is now my second tallest. So idk what the fuck is going on. I honestly think it's just a light burn and minor nute burn (which I since flushed).

Medium Roots Organic Potting Soil Original mix

Also since I have you all here, I am using Advanced Nutes line.
Specifically
Sensei Bloom part A and B
Voodoo Juice (done using)
Big Bud
B52
and Overdrive.

I have been feeding the Part A and B a quarter of the original dose.
and the secondary nutes a full dose. This seems to have burned my plants some. Should I just turn down the secondary nutes to a half dose or quarter also?
Heat stress can do that, if you had nutrient deficiencies as well as twisted growth I may have thought it may have something to do with root rot. Normally I don't go with root rot first unless it is hydro and I don't know much about hydro. You could dial back your nutes, less is more is a solid philosophy.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

the grow room is usually about 73 degrees while the lights are off be tends to climb to the upper 80s while I sleep.
So your temps go up while you sleep...assuming that means your lights are ON while you sleep? I didn't hear you mention good air exchange, just passive venting....that would not be enough if you do not have an actual fan drawing air out and new air in. Did I miss something..? It sounds like you are trying to cool your tent by cooling the room. Cooler temps in the room will help a lot if you are exchanging the air through the tent. 1st issue first. I haven't had any problems up to 85° and 60% humidity.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

What light are you using, how high above plants ?? With Advanced nutrients Sensi Bloom Part A + B along with there other supplements you are using I would only give them half recommended dosages for a while after you flush, I never use full strength Sensi bloom because some strains don't like it. Not a case where more is better, less is safer.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I honestly think it's just a light burn
That could be the case.
On a personal note; I haven't had much luck with Auto's, they never seem to look healthy to me as the get into flowering, maybe I just had some shitty strains of autos, but I won't bother with them anymore. And I never grew one that had a pleasant taste.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That could be the case.
On a personal note; I haven't had much luck with Auto's, they never seem to look healthy to me as the get into flowering, maybe I just had some shitty strains of autos, but I won't bother with them anymore. And I never grew on that had a pleasant taste.
I finally grew a Purple Kush auto (outdoors). Looked cute but the yield was horrible..smoke is ok but very fragrant. That was my 1st and last auto..PIA.

20190721 102557

Top Bottom