Someone please help me confirm that this is ready for harvest?

• Thread starter ammaturegal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

See I’m not even sure what a trichrome is, I’ve been reading and ready and reading but this is just my third year growing and last year I was pregnant and spent over two months in the hospital trying to have my son too soon so my entire crop was neglected and just died out and the year before my first year My neighbors someone somewhere had a rouge male I guess and it pollinated what I thought was going to be a massive harvest and just ruined it I ended up giving it all away it was ok but nothing I was proud of I’ll put it that way I managed to harvest one plant that was really good and it was a clone that I cloned myself and it didn’t get very much of the veg stage so it was small to be honest I’ve still got much to learn! I really enjoy the grow and caring for my garden and would like to be able to benefit from all my hard work a little more than I have in the past so I’m eager to learn and open to any suggestions or feedback anyone has thanks
Trichomes are the resin glands (frost) They change color over the course of a plants life, but you need to get a jewelers loop or a handheld microscope so that you can actually see them. When they get opaque and with some amber try combThey change color over the course of a plants life, but you need to get a jewelers loop or a handheld microscope so that you can actually see them. When the trichomes go from clear to milky you are getting close. When its fully ripe is when they start turning amber color. Most folks pull when on 1-20% amber trichs. People pull it different percentages based on preferance .more Amber percent means and more sedating or couch lock effect.

Habosabin

Habosabin

Thanks for the feedback, and I’ll consider your suggestion once I get this jewelers thing in the mail in a couple of days what then am I supposed to look for exactly
You will see clear, cloudy or amber trichomes. Some ppl don't want any amber. I like amber around 25% The high is stronger and lasts longer with amber imo. Every time I've harvested early the high lacks substance and doesn't last nearly as long.

HeathenFarmer

HeathenFarmer

Once you start getting toward the end your going to notice a big drop off in how much water the pant needs, always.. From there I try to look and judge bud density. Pistols can be sometimes misleading, depending on the environment, but it's all good information to take in.

In the end the only real way is to scope them, looking for the transition between clear, to milky to amber.... It's subjective to some extent, but having a few ambers (not on the outsides) but looking into the thick of the bud, that's what you really want to inspect.
I find this to be pretty spot on as well. Everything will be puttering along, no amber and some clear/cloudy trichs, and suddenly my plants will stop drinking as much. A few days after that they'll almost stop drinking entirely. I'm chopping my last two plants tomorrow. I noticed 2-3 days ago that they weren't really drinking, and today I have milky trichs with an amber or two here and there. I like mine on the less amber side. Swelling has halted. Pistils are maybe 80-90% orange and all the leaves are turning purple/yellow/red. But water consumption has been a good indicator for me.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Not ready yet probably in 10 days to 2 weeks you can flush out and chop in another week another 21 days max looks good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom