!!!! Someone please help, problems with planting seed!!!!

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

if anyone can help me out with the planting of the seed, that would be the best thing in the world. i have no problem germinating the seed, i put 4 peices of mosit paper towels at this point soaked in luke warm water, put the seeds on soaked paper towels and labell them, then cover them with 4 more peices of soaked paper towels, and i let the excess water run off, nd put them on a heat mat for the effect of being on top of a fridge, and them put in a rubbermaid container with 2 big towles over it to make the effect its in a dresser where its nice and dark, with this simple methoad i can germinate the seeds no problem, i usually let them go for about 5 to 6 days till their 1 inch high.. then usually i plant them an inch down in the soil and had no luck, a buddie of mine who grows all year all dayy all night with unbeliveable results said to put the germinated seed with the shell about the soil a tiny tiny bit and the root tip down in the soil, and it till reach for the light and the shell falls off and starts with the 2 little leaves.. if anyone can confirm this that would be awesome, i really need sucess with these seeds im buying.

thank you
Caperfarmer902

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds like great advice bro. are you using seed you bought or bag seed? sometimes with bag seeds they may not be full matured. or in soem cases they are old and not stored proper. some may pop and then never pop above soil.

C

caperfarmer902

sounds like great advice bro. are you using seed you bought or bag seed? sometimes with bag seeds they may not be full matured. or in soem cases they are old and not stored proper. some may pop and then never pop above soil.

thankyou for the relply, but i am buying these seeds from online at www.single-marijuana-seeds.com in canada.. i usually get them from dutch passion, or green house seed company, the seeds always sprout within the second or third day with this meathod, but when i plant the buggers thats it they die..
what i need to know if different ways plant seeds in soil, like i head that you can put it a inch deep and it will break soil, but im hearing from a friend that you can plant the seed just above the soil a tiny tiny bit, and it will alwasy reach for the light and alwasy be succesfull.. is this true, can anyone confirmed this?:worried

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i confirmed it for you in my post

C

caperfarmer902

woops sorry kid twist , aha the buds got be hazy here.. but yea im deffently going to try this it sounds like a very successfull growing type for my mother plants, once again, thank you kid twist, ill be sure to let you know how it turns out!!

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
dont use your fingers

hi sounds like you might be leaving them in towels too long too wet and then putting them in wet soil ? ( as soon as you see roots put it in the soil I would sugest rockwool but either will work dont touch them with fingers root down 1/4" deep dont let soil be to wet ) ( the rockwool is perfect for seeds right air to water ratio or use damp soil not wet not moist then when they come up water them hope this helped

everybody grow everywhere :harvest:

C

caperfarmer902

hi sounds like you might be leaving them in towels too long too wet and then putting them in wet soil ? ( as soon as you see roots put it in the soil I would sugest rockwool but either will work dont touch them with fingers root down 1/4" deep dont let soil be to wet ) ( the rockwool is perfect for seeds right air to water ratio or use damp soil not wet not moist then when they come up water them hope this helped

everybody grow everywhere :harvest:

it did every little bit help, and thank you for that, but i dont think thats the problem, the problem i got is when i plant them they die, when i sprout them there right healthy once they reach an inch, i plant them with tweesers, nd like i said above, i want to try putting the seed just above the rockwool cubes so it will reach for the light does anyone think if i do this the intense 400watt light will kill it?:worried

S

smokestack23

You say you're planting them in soil...what kind of soil? Are you adding fertilizer to it?

I'm not really sure why people germinate seeds in paper towel or other methods. What is wrong with planting seeds directly in the medium they will be grown in?

When I start seeds I just plant them in rockwool or jiffy pellets or whatever I'm using. If they'll germ in paper they'll germ in medium won't they?
When plants drop seeds they don't typically land in moist paper towels..at least not in nature.

Electro

Electro

I let the seeds sit in a cup of room temperature water over night in a dark place, maybe 2 nights, once i see the white taproot i put it in a rooting cube (rapid rooter) and put that back in a dark place. ONce i see the sprout come out and open up showing the 2 cotyledon leaves i put it under lights.. I like the rooters because they have just the right amount of moisture/food to get a seedling started...

C

caperfarmer902

yea, i done the glass of water a few times with the room temp in a dark place, but alwasy went stright from water or paper towles and into the foxfarm seedling starter soil, or the grodon rockwool cubes and put under light 24/7.. i now have the 400 watt ac reflector hps/mh light kit, can i start the seedling under this system or do i need either cfls or t5's? what do you think would work best and give honest successful grow rate?

plantevil

plantevil

i always plant directly in the dirt and have had near 100 percent germ rate even with bagseed that has been sitting out for over a year. just moisten the soil a little with luke warm water and make a little dent in the surface of the soil with your finger tip about one to two centimeters deep. then place the seed in the dent with the pointed end upwards end press it down firmly in the soil. then move some dirt over the seed, just a little bit though so it is completely covering the top of the seed but just barely and pat the dirt down gently with your finger. then add a little luke warm water and turn off the lights. this way the seed is right near the surface of the dirt. check once every 24 hours to see if they sprouted. the three things a seed needs to germinate are: moisture, warmth, and darkness. i learned this some years ago in a thick ass pamphlet about growing that got sent with an order of seeds from marc emery through cannabis culture.

B

Bearsfather

Sounds to me like maybe you're planting the sprouted seeds too deep?? Try placing the root down, keep the seed close to the surface, just lightly covering the seed with soil...???

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey cf, i planted 17 seeds and 16 of em popped and are three and a half inches by the 16th day.once popped put em under some t-5s for a couple weeks .then decide if theyre ready for the real light. goood luck peacntreez

spacejerk234

spacejerk234

Just a hunch but what type of soil are you putting them in? Maybe its to hot(nutrient rich) this could be a reason. I have heard of people that have no problems putting them right into rich soil like FFOF, and then others that swear its to hot for seedlings. I personally use my own mix of 1 bag FFOF, 1 bag plain topsoil, and about a 1/3 bag of perlite. I mix this all together in a plastic tote. I have had great success with this however YMMV.
Hope this helps, and I suggest you start with bagseed till you got it under control no sense wasting precious beans :worried

~spacejerk234

C

caperfarmer902

well i aucally order 4 different seeds off a seed company just to try out in the new tent, if it works then thats awesome if it dont fuckit i already sent over 100 on seeds with no results, now with over 400 spent on a grow room i have no choice but to make it work.. i got ahold of one of my growing buddies lastnight and worked a deal out for clones 4 of white widow and 4 of the super lemon haze for 20 beans, and bought 4 seeds - Twilight, Jack Herer ( The legend Himself), Bubblegummer, and whitewidow x big bud, all feminized.. once i gett these seeds i plan to sprount them my meathod the heating mat, plates and paper towels, once they reach 5 to 6 days and their 1 inch big, ill plant all four seeds the excat way the farmers above told me, with the seed right at the top of the soil, cover it a tiny tiny tiny bit with soil, and water with luke warm water, so once i plant these beauts, how long do you usually keep in darkness untill they can hit the light, and when it does breaksoil and is ready for light think my mh light will work best?

C

caperfarmer902

Im also going to try with atleast hafe of my plants, 16 plants in total, so i plan to let 8 plants grow as is upright and ill top them when the time comes.. the other 8 im going to be tryin LST, the bending and hooking of the plant and leaving about 2 to 3 inches of the top of the plant free so it can grow upward again, then repeat the bend and hook part untill it reached the whole rim of the plant and some.. does alot of ppl do the LST bending trick, if so, how do you do it and how long befour you let it go back upward, also i take it when they do go back upward thats where bammboo sticks come in handy i take it right?

convex

convex

If your cracking in paper towels, do just that ... crack 'em.
Do not wait until you have a big tap root, a crack tells you they are viable - plant 'em.

Cheers

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

if your putting them straight out from darkness to your 400watt light i would suggest keeping the light as far away from your seedlings as you can get at least until they are a wee bit bigger than an inch. you may be giving them too much light too soon.just my opinion but i practise this and have not lost any seeds once theyve sproutd for a long time. either that or get yourself some flouros. good luck either way mate TS1

Blaze

Blaze

Pics of the seedlings would help in identifying the problem. To me it sounds like you are germinating them properly but then something is going wrong when you go the plant them. Could be your soil, could be your water, could be your light. It could also be you are planting them too deep (1" is a bit much, try 1/2"-1/4"), or being too rough on them when you go to plant, or waiting too long to plant. IMO 5-6 days is a long time to wait once they are cracked, I always plant the seed as soon as it shows a tap root. Again, w/o pics it is hard to say one way or another.

C

caperfarmer902

Pics of the seedlings would help in identifying the problem. To me it sounds like you are germinating them properly but then something is going wrong when you go the plant them. Could be your soil, could be your water, could be your light. It could also be you are planting them too deep (1" is a bit much, try 1/2"-1/4"), or being too rough on them when you go to plant, or waiting too long to plant. IMO 5-6 days is a long time to wait once they are cracked, I always plant the seed as soon as it shows a tap root. Again, w/o pics it is hard to say one way or another.

well when i do germinate them there in a dark place cover with plates and moist paper towels, with heavy blankets on the top of them in a tubbermaid container with a fan blowing over the top over it to cause air flow, and a heating mat under the plates to keep the humity and temp up..
once i see the tap root atleast a hafe an inch or an inch long i them pick them up with tweesers and put them in the soil.. now i was putting them twice the width of the seed down in the soil so she was pretty deep, there new seeds i ordered today im going to try them not even a 1/4 blow soil, the seed shell is just going to be at the top of the soil enough to pretty much see the top of it, with the tap root pointing down in the soil.. once i plant these bad boys this is where i get screwed up.. i dont know if i should put them under 18/6 light or 24/7 light or no light at all.. i got a 400watt mh/ hps light, along with a 24 light L.E.D light thats going to arrive this week.. but no t5 growing lights, i plant to get them within the next month or two where moneys not going to be tight.. so if anyone can help me out from here that would be great.. unfortinutly i do not have any photos becuase i dont have my seeds yet, nor my clones.. my 400watt light is going to be arriving with my exhaust fan either tuesday or wednesday brandnew, so far i have my 3x3ft grow tent with the inline setup all setup in it and my 8 plant hydroponic system, inwhich i plan to add another 8 plant hydro setup all 16 for veg, and them do the same for flowering only in a big bigger bins so i can have atleast 5 or 6'' netpots instead of the 3'' thats in the 2 8 plant setups..
so pretty much im stuck at where the seedling go after i plant them, under light or in darkness, if in light what king of light for how long in a 24 hourperiod, and if in darkness for how long and how long unitll i go under light and what kind of light?:worried

I just want to get my growing technics and my setp to perfection befour i aucally start, i know pretty much everything elese from then on, but these seedling, this is my first indoor setup and i really wish i master this setup.. i alwasy grew outdoors where mother nature done here thang, indoors is a new journey for me!:rollj:

Top Bottom