Something is eating newgrowth leaves

• Thread starter Cabrita
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cabrita

Cabrita

Hey everyone I never saw something like this. It is in our indoor facility but also in our mothers room. Would you have any idea about it ? Most of it is located around new growth area

Thanks for your help and time
Something is eating newgrowth leaves
Something is eating newgrowth leaves 2
Something is eating newgrowth leaves 3
Something is eating newgrowth leaves 4
Something is eating newgrowth leaves 5
Something is eating newgrowth leaves 6

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Inspect with an illuminated loop top and bottom, throw some stickies in the pots if there are pots,Go in at night with the loop and see if anything is munching on them nocturnally, and see if anything rears its ugly head. Good luck

Cabrita

Cabrita

Inspect with an illuminated loop top and bottom, throw some stickies in the pots if there are pots,Go in at night with the loop and see if anything is munching on them nocturnally, and see if anything rears its ugly head. Good luck
What do you mean by stickies ? They are in flower so pretty hard to put lights...

Cabrita

Cabrita

Your light is too close to the plants
This appears in areas where the light is not that strong also in my mothers room where I have t5...

Didnt knew that ppfd saturation gave holes in leaves

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Cardboard glue traps. Bugs will stick to them. And try anthem suggestion. Maybe pictures of the entire grow.

Anthem

Anthem

This appears in areas where the light is not that strong also in my mothers room where I have t5...

Didnt knew that ppfd saturation gave holes in leaves
The leafs on the paper could be something else. But the rest is a light problem .
What part of the plant did you pull the leaves from that are on the paper? Those are suspect for something else. Specifically the first one

Madmax

Madmax

Theres a another thread on this somewhere..same scenario happening..i think sshz showed a leaf similar on one of his grows and was silica doing it .was like the perforated leaf pic 5 .. i wouldnt have a clue but id say Anthems right.gotta b rootzone..

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
looking closely at the last picture in your post, you've got an insect problem. Lights and other issues don't remove all the leaf material leaving only the center vein with no color distortion on the leaf

imho

S

smokingfred

I know this is an old thread, but i got exactly the same problem. Something is eating the top growth .. Can anyone point out what this sympthom i caused?

S

smokingfred

If you are outdoors, go out at night with the flashlight and take a look around.
These are indoor. I took sample of the plant off to watch, and it seems like there are nu bugs. Instead i see alot of milky eggs on the bottom of leaves..

Anyone know what it could be ??

Screenshot 20230710 115118 Gallery
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Where there are eggs, there are bugs. Or soon will be. Need to see pictures. You need something good to magnify with. And illuminated loop works OK for me. You have to get your nose right down in there. And pull off some fans and take them over to good lighting and check them out.

S

smokingfred

Where there are eggs, there are bugs. Or soon will be. Need to see pictures. You need something good to magnify with. And illuminated loop works OK for me. You have to get your nose right down in there. And pull off some fans and take them over to good lighting and check them out.

I got a 100x microscope for identifying bugs, but it surprises me that i cannot see any, since its literally every single top which got attacked by "something" on 6 plants.
Aswell it surprises me its such a random/rare symptom..

I will take a look at it again when the lights are on again.

Right now i got some different options: Abamectin, neem oil, rosemary oil and peppermint/tea tree soap.. Do you have any idea which would be the right one to pick? Or maybe i should mix up something ?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sorry. I don’t have to deal with pests much anymore. But when I did, I always wanted to find out what I was dealing with before I started spraying willy-nilly. You will have to make that decision. I don’t grow indoors. if you get a look at the critters, you can go to, Arbico organics, website, and look at their pictures of pests to try and identify what you have.

S

smokingfred

Hey i took some new pictures today with lights on. Definitely not getting better. I've looped the leaves several times top and bottom. I see nothing else than something looking a bit like these "eggs".

I have compared and researched for hours, but i dont think i can see any damaged plants looking exactly like mine.

Cant believe nobody ever seen these sympthoms before?

Screenshot 20230711 232814 Gallery
Screenshot 20230711 232811 Gallery
Screenshot 20230711 232807 Gallery
Top Bottom