Something is going wrong and I want to stop it

• Thread starter xxedgexx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xxedgexx

12 clones of master kush. Started off great. I was amazed at the growth. Now something is going wrong and I'm getting some burnt edges and yellow on new growth. Pictures are attached.

Information:

20 gallon res using all Botanicare nutes. Pure Blend Pro Grow at 10ml/gallon, 2ml/gallon of CalMag Plus, 1ml/gallon of Superthrive and 7ml/gallon of Hydroguard. Total PPM almost exactly 800. Second week in veg.

pH has been between 5.2 and 5.8. Main intake is a 7000 BTU AC that keeps things at 72 - 76F. 24 hour 400w ML light. Out take exhaust is drawn thought 4" duct in the light hood via a 170CFM blower that is on for 15 and off for 15. I have a UV/HEPA filter running 24/7. Foliar spray is called "Green Cure".

I'm changing out the res right now to run some Clearex through until PPMs no longer rise.

Think this is a burn? I was careful to stay right on with PPM. THe hydro shop gave me a guide and I hit exactly 800PPM with the above formula.

I'm using R/O water that comes out at about 20 ppm from an input that's almost 800PPM. The water here is bad. I'm also using a UV filter on the R/O system.

I flood 6 times a day.

I think that's it. Let me know if I left out any important information.

Something is going wrong and i want to stop it
Something is going wrong and i want to stop it 2
Something is going wrong and i want to stop it 3
Something is going wrong and i want to stop it 4
S

spinkus

Looks like burn to me edge. The only other thing I could think of from the info is maybe 5.2 ph is a little too low. Dunno though i'm not a hydro guru, maybe 5.2 is fine.

TexasKid always does hydro maybe he'll stop in

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Also 5.2 is really low when I used Rwool I always phd mine at 6.0 never had any problems.

X

xxedgexx

Thanks. I'm going to run some clearex to reduce any build up and run at the lower amounts and cut out the superthrive. What else should I be thinking about???

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
You should be cool just give them a little time to recover.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Why are you spraying with Green Cure? That is for PM and molds. I use it but I am an outdoor guy. I start spraying during september when things are flowering and it gets cold and damp.

I did burn some plants with neem mixed with Green Cure.

I love Green Cure and it saved a bunch of bud for me this year. However, I wouldn't be spraying it every single day. Also if enough overspray gets in the soil or rez it can change the ph.

That is localized burning and those plants will be fine. If you been spraying with GC I would mist them with plain water and rinse them off good.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

it could be low ph levels and definately looks like nute lock out, i would give them ph 5.5 and use cannazym.

X

xxedgexx

Why are you spraying with Green Cure? That is for PM and molds. I use it but I am an outdoor guy. I start spraying during september when things are flowering and it gets cold and damp.

I did burn some plants with neem mixed with Green Cure.

I love Green Cure and it saved a bunch of bud for me this year. However, I wouldn't be spraying it every single day. Also if enough overspray gets in the soil or rez it can change the ph.

That is localized burning and those plants will be fine. If you been spraying with GC I would mist them with plain water and rinse them off good.

The Greencure was at the suggestion of the person who grew the clones. I was only using it once a week following the solution instructions. Two scoops in two gallons of water and I applied it using a sprayer.

I think pH was definitely a problem. I've been keeping things between 5.8 and 6.0 and after about 3 - 4 days, things started looking a lot better and it's back to growing steady again. New growth looks healthy.

Turns out my PPM meter was also off about +300. That 800ppm was really around 530. I don't think I caused these problems by a nutrient overload, but pH imbalances make total sense.

The only other thing I used around the same time was Fox Farm's "Don't Bug Me" spray which I sprayed directly on the plants. From reading the bottle *after* sprayed (yeah...), direct contact might have been too much. The bottle says to spray it into the corners of the room to create a mist. I stopped using it after the first spray because that's when I started to notice issues.

Any thoughts on that?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I would be careful with the Green Cure. It is a fantastic product, but I have found that spraying it too often will burn the plants, especially at 2 large scoops per gallon of water. I only use 2 large scoops when there is already signs of PM. 1 large scoop is for prevention. But I would not use the Green Cure unless you really need to.

And it also sounds like that "Don't Bug Me" spray could have contributed to the burn.

I would also suggest keeping your pH at 5.8.

It does sound like things are recovering in your garden. So keep up the good work, keep an eye on things and you should pull a good harvest.

Top Bottom