Something is wrong..burned my tips 🤔

• Thread starter Greenguyz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenguyz

Greenguyz

1.5 month from seed
FF ocean forest
Added nutes 2 weeks ago and i believe that caused the burned tips so I flushed 2-3x.. she recovered and perked up for about a week and now just constant droop. Everyday seems to be dropping more. Ph my water 6.2.

Any tips on what’s wrong?

Something is wrongburned my tips
Something is wrongburned my tips 2
Something is wrongburned my tips 3
Something is wrongburned my tips 4
Something is wrongburned my tips 5
Something is wrongburned my tips 6
thehighguy

thehighguy

cal mag deficiency and over watered. their are some minor signs of leafs yellowing and tips curling UP. this indicates a cal-mag deficiency and odds are your plant is still recovering from the flush. unless the yellowing/curling is a result of the nutrient burn. What kind of water are you using, Nutrient lineup and are you using a cal-mag supplement? finally ph for soil and coco should be between 6.3-6.8, let it move around a bit, some nutrients absorb better at different ph levels, furthermore different strains like different ph levels. some prefer 6.5-7.0 but most like 6.3-6.8 for a soil ph.

thehighguy

thehighguy

let it dry out for a week. Let it get dry to the point where you have some minor leaf droop, as a result of the dryness. if over watering is the problem then you should see the plant regain its health throughout the drying period, and then start to droop again. its important to let it dry out completely because chronic over watering can lead to root rot... i didn't use enough perlite this year and this happened because of over watering (see attached photo). i let it dry out for almost 2 weeks at which point the stem went from green brown in the effected area to a bleached white. mini-colas stopped dying off and the plant regained its health. the stem stayed bleached so im sure that cola will yield less, and probably have popcorn nugs :/

116884111 291512572105503 645530462015257901 n
116835706 317265239647571 7223395470577860306 n
116875226 1062553884201522 7582669507227035306 n
Greenguyz

Greenguyz

cal mag deficiency and over watered. their are some minor signs of leafs yellowing and tips curling UP. this indicates a cal-mag deficiency and odds are your plant is still recovering from the flush. unless the yellowing/curling is a result of the nutrient burn. What kind of water are you using, Nutrient lineup and are you using a cal-mag supplement? finally ph for soil and coco should be between 6.3-6.8, let it move around a bit, some nutrients absorb better at different ph levels, furthermore different strains like different ph levels. some prefer 6.5-7.0 but most like 6.3-6.8 for a soil ph.
The soil dries out every 2 days if not faster. I’m using dechlorinated tap water and I’m using the FF trio. I also added some cal mag about weeks ago. I’m wondering should I add to every watering?

growsince79

growsince79

The soil dries out every 2 days if not faster. I’m using dechlorinated tap water and I’m using the FF trio. I also added some cal mag about weeks ago. I’m wondering should I add to every watering?
Are you sure it's dry? Did you weigh it? How big is the container and how much water do you give it every other day?

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

Are you sure it's dry? Did you weigh it? How big is the container and how much water do you give it every other day?
I usually water in half gallon I’m using a 2gal air pot. By the 2nd day it’s light as a feather

420trout

420trout

I had similar issues with plants in a 3 gallon pot. As soon as they were repotted into 5 gallon bags they bounced right back. They were extremely root bound.

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

I had similar issues with plants in a 3 gallon pot. As soon as they were repotted into 5 gallon bags they bounced right back. They were extremely root bound.
Air pots? & were they autos?

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

no, just small 3 gallon nursery type pots, photoperiod strains, specifically the more sativa dominant strains. I don't think they liked the confinement.
Debating whether I should cut the pot and transplant

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

[="Greenguyz, post: 2466157, member: 114279"]
1.5 month from seed
FF ocean forest
Added nutes 2 weeks ago and i believe that caused the burned tips so I flushed 2-3x.. she recovered and perked up for about a week and now just constant droop. Everyday seems to be dropping more. Ph my water 6.2.

[/QUOTE]

Its not rootbound; pH is too low for starts & I think you might have incorrect watering practices, recommend taking a slurry test and posting results for starters, also how often and how much do you usually water?

Edit: just read the whole thread agree with everyone who says you're either over-watering &/or watering incorrectly

you're not rootbound; recommend not disturbing that plants roots in bloom; talk about your watering habits?

420trout

420trout

A couple of comments about some things you've said above. Watering a half gallon to a 2 gallon pot. I usually water that much to my five gallon bags. Second, is that pots are dry the next day. I recently moved some taller sativa strains outdoors because they were too tall and in 3 gallon pots had to be watered every day or they wilted. Both were really root bound when transplanted.

Greenguyz

Greenguyz

[="Greenguyz, post: 2466157, member: 114279"]
1.5 month from seed
FF ocean forest

Its not rootbound; pH is too low for starts & I think you might have incorrect watering practices, recommend taking a slurry test and posting results for starters, also how often and how much do you usually water?

Edit: just read the whole thread agree with everyone who says you're either over-watering &/or watering incorrectly

you're not rootbound; recommend not disturbing that plants roots in bloom; talk about your watering habits?
[/QUOTE]
I’m used to coco this is my first run in soil. I water until the pot it soaked and that may be the issue. Half gallon may be too much. I’ll dial it back a bit

growsince79

growsince79

A couple of comments about some things you've said above. Watering a half gallon to a 2 gallon pot. I usually water that much to my five gallon bags. Second, is that pots are dry the next day. I recently moved some taller sativa strains outdoors because they were too tall and in 3 gallon pots had to be watered every day or they wilted. Both were really root bound when transplanted.
My 5 gal bags get 7 quarts. When they lose 14 pounds I water again. If you only give 2 quarts the plants are either over or underwatered. Dry pockets or constantly wet is leads to all kinds of problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom