Sonic Boom @ 73d chop shots

I have to say that this pheno was the stretchiest gal I have grown, including the SSSDH! She went from about 10cm to about 170cm.

She smells to me of fanta orange and grapefruit but the smell has been changing throughout flower - but it's all really electric fruit. V. v. nice.

Smoked a sample from about 5 days ago and it blew my mind, literally. Wicked high, very uppy and really hit me harder than I expected. Left it a bit longer to put some body in the buzz and I think it should be about right now.

yea mon thats a nice fatty for sure.Sounds like you got bitched slaped like I did when I ran them NICE
Now you know how it feels like I do

later
Ocan.

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
wow great looking plant mate , glad you like her , i also love the buzz from these and i think the taste is pretty unique , i kinda for get about the need for shorter plants now days , i am so used to working with sativas i dont breed for height but for flavour and taste , yield . i try and breed for a high % of tasty and smelly phenos . so if a shorter phenotype is needed then selecting a less stretchy one from a pack of seeds will still give you great taste and smell , i think the hieght of some strains go hand in hand with certain flavors , take the height away as a dominating factor in the phenotypes and some flavors can be lost .

this is a trick high kind of strain , if you keep smoking it , the high will change to body buzzy , dry eye , munchies all sorts of shananigans can go of , i have had really trippy days on the boom , happy times a head
thanks for the post fastforward

Cheers Sonic.

I've smoked breakfast about an hour ago consisting of two Sonic Boom j's, back to back. They were only just barely dry to smoke, but it smoked cleanly (they were popcorn picked off the hanging bits still in the dark). The smell is very citrusy, and somewhere between fanta orange and grapefruit. The smell totally transfers into the taste, more as a mixed fruity taste - orange fruit salad? My mrs isn't a smoker any more but ever she was impressed by the smell on my fingers (from the plants you dirty bastards :)).

I love this high - really pokey - this is a solid 8.5-9 on the potency scale, maybe more for others who don't have my tolerance. Very cerebral, like having a tight brain with laser vision. It has given me insanely good concentration and attention, which for me is fantastic - but it's not too uppy and speedy as to be paranoid. Very very comfortable high with great body/anchoring to counterbalance the head. Really great buzz.

And this is me sitting here and the computer...where I spend most of my life. The minute I go outside, I reckon you can multiply the buzz and potency by two....you know how it is with familiar environments etc.

I'm definitely going to run her again, maybe try doing a couple 12/12 from seed and seeing how that goes. She's not totally unmanageable in any case - if this pheno is typical of others then just trigger her early. I vegged mine long enough to take two cuts from lower stuff and put her into flower around 6" tall and she was still fine in a 2m tent. Just massively stretchy.

Cheers for the beans Sonic. This makes a lovely difference to a lot of the sledgehammer stuff I've been smoking recently - and actually a lot more useful/productive too :)

FF

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
thanks mate , every thing you said , is my main goal , the different highs , the different flavors , you discribed it just right , every thing is just how i wanted it to be ,,,, to hear it put in the words you used , gives me great confidence , its hard to know somevtimes if i am on the right track or not , ie there is strong demand for indica and kush strtains , not many people understand what i am trying to offer , smoking sativa dom strains is a whole other world , and a different way of life , these bright light green , clusters with this tropical smells are noit common in the weed market , i am really interested in making a sativa kush , capturing the kush taste , put with a strong sativa high ....

if you think about it , the extra couple of weeks flowering time can be saved by not vegging a cut and putting her strait into flower , this will give a reasonble hieght to the finished plant and save a few weeks ...

i also think c99 lovers after the sweet tropical smell and taste will love this strain , unlike most c99 i have grown the boom dont loose its smell or taste when chopped . i am smoking some pinequeen haze at the mo bro , also tropical taste and strong high to her , we actually found a cheese type pheno in the last run wierd as there is no cheese in the cross , just skunks all most road kill sour on some and sweet marrocan nepal taste from the pinequeen comes through to ,

you tried the pinequeen haze yet mate ?
cheers mate

I had a super stretcher one time and it went from about 4inches to about 5.5 feet. Not suitable at all for indoor growing. Even though this one stretches big time too, would you suggest outdoors on this one?

I had a super stretcher one time and it went from about 4inches to about 5.5 feet. Not suitable at all for indoor growing. Even though this one stretches big time too, would you suggest outdoors on this one?
It's definitely okay as an indoor plant - in fact for many having a good stretch means minimal veg time, which is quicker, which is gooooooood :yes - just need to trigger her early that's all.

I've been smoking her all week and loving her. The buzz is all over the place, but it's not couchlocking supermong, and I'm loving the difference. It hits hard where it counts, which is why I'm constantly surprised that something sativa and hazey can be quite this pokey in this kind of a way. Usually I find myself reaching for a cheese cross or strong indica to balance out uppy buzzes but this one doesn't need any at all.

I'm waiting for her to cure more - will post up a proper smoke report in a week or two.

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
It's definitely okay as an indoor plant - in fact for many having a good stretch means minimal veg time, which is quicker, which is gooooooood :yes - just need to trigger her early that's all.

I've been smoking her all week and loving her. The buzz is all over the place, but it's not couchlocking supermong, and I'm loving the difference. It hits hard where it counts, which is why I'm constantly surprised that something sativa and hazey can be quite this pokey in this kind of a way. Usually I find myself reaching for a cheese cross or strong indica to balance out uppy buzzes but this one doesn't need any at all.

I'm waiting for her to cure more - will post up a proper smoke report in a week or two.
yeah spot on the buzz is all over the place , no cieling for me , it really started to get to me after a week ,
i want to try the boom out on my ms patients next ,

i need to increase their motobility skills , this may get them up and going , or may be a bit twitchy ? what you think ,?

thanks mate , every thing you said , is my main goal , the different highs , the different flavors , you discribed it just right , every thing is just how i wanted it to be ,,,, to hear it put in the words you used , gives me great confidence , its hard to know somevtimes if i am on the right track or not , ie there is strong demand for indica and kush strtains , not many people understand what i am trying to offer , smoking sativa dom strains is a whole other world , and a different way of life , these bright light green , clusters with this tropical smells are noit common in the weed market , i am really interested in making a sativa kush , capturing the kush taste , put with a strong sativa high ....

if you think about it , the extra couple of weeks flowering time can be saved by not vegging a cut and putting her strait into flower , this will give a reasonble hieght to the finished plant and save a few weeks ...

i also think c99 lovers after the sweet tropical smell and taste will love this strain , unlike most c99 i have grown the boom dont loose its smell or taste when chopped . i am smoking some pinequeen haze at the mo bro , also tropical taste and strong high to her , we actually found a cheese type pheno in the last run wierd as there is no cheese in the cross , just skunks all most road kill sour on some and sweet marrocan nepal taste from the pinequeen comes through to ,

you tried the pinequeen haze yet mate ?
cheers mate
Hey there Sonic. I know this is a very old thread, but i wanted to you know just how much i love your strains.

Ive grown out loads off top notch stuff over the last 6 years, more than 50 varieties, and i still consider yours to
be perhaps the best ever. In fact the only 3 moms that have remained in my tent since 2009 ish, are Sonic Boom (1 keeper
chosen from 6 girls that were all great) and Hanuman Haze (2 phenos kept from 5 or so tested).

I have always thought the Sonic boom reminds me of C99 but with some other unique rotten fruit funk that reminds me of Appolo 11 croses like Tga's Spacequeen or Vortex.
Very Pineapple flavour with huge yeilds of bright green and vibrant orange colour colas.
Very very potent, sometimes to much for me...if im outside walking or cycling then i love it, but if im at home, things can get strange LOL.

The Hanuman haze aroma is unreal. That musky, earthy, hazy, incense berry thing is so moreish.
A very aphrodisiac aroma like the sexiest 'she musk' and temple hash. Whenever this gets fired up at a party, people start groaning with anticipation!

Pursang....love the dry spicy taste and cerebral effect. Awesome

Saboey Haze....real oldschool zesty Thai taste.... Paranoia if overdone. No ceiling to the high.

Pinequeen Haze.....Tropical fruits, spices and haze. Similar structure to the sonic. Perhaps a bit more head high than sonic.
Sadly lost the moms for these. I notice the aroma didnt last for many months once the herb was dry/cured.
Ive noticed that some strains have a much longer shelf life than this did.

I still have a pack or two of Lemon Pursang beans in my stash which i will try soon.

Great work mate. You have a gift for selecting and combining great genes. A true connoisuer breeder.

Im not sure if your work is available at the moment (2015).... I notice that some of the Trichrome Jungle stuff
is similar to yours. Do you collaborate with them? Is this your outlet now?

Does anybody else know where to find Sonic's work?
Trust me folks..... If you can find these beans, grab them and prepare to be impressed!!!

Peace
Yungz