sos hemp russet mites

• Thread starter catchafish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skoosh

Skoosh

Sorry to revive this thread, but I'm stumped...
PM or Russet Mites?
(I've had two growers familiar with both tell me either one.)

Serious Seeds, Sour Diesel, & Chemdog. 9 weeks in.
Some almost instant yellowing and turning to paper-like in the middle of some leaf blades (Not the tips, the actual center of the blade.)
Some 'colas' turned crispy and tan almost overnight.
(Note, the yellowing in the first picture began in the center of the leaf blade, then worked up and down from there not the tip, as it looks in this pic.)
Also, at this point in flower, unless I can find some Oxi Date in Colorado, I'm just going to call it a day and sterilize the room after harvest next week.)
(Meaning, just sterilize my scissors and keep cutting it out til harvest.)
Thoughts please?
Sk
;-)_~~
IMG 0248

IMG 0243
IMG 0249

FullMelt

FullMelt

Looks like frost damage. If it happen that fast. How cold did your room get?

Skoosh

Skoosh

Fucking cold.
Seriously, uninsulated 2 car garage with two exposed (wood sided) exterior walls.
(I'm saying maybe a degree or two above freezing)(F)
THANK YOU! YOU JUST MADE MY NIGHT!
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll lose a couple 'colas' (I put the term in quotes because these veg'd too long and with my ceiling height restrictions, these are MAYBE 1/2g buds dry.
I'll spend some time creating the build out I did here in Denver this past summer for a photo journal here, I've just had so much going on the past couple weeks since I re-registerred with the 'inter-tooby-webs-nets' grower community.
(I promise you, I CAN grow weed, LOL)

Cold damage was what I suspected initially, but two other growers 'planted the seed' (as it were) in my mind.
Actually, the dude @ Way To Grow pulled up some leaf shots of the mite damage, and it looked very similar to what I saw the other day.

We've had psychotic temp extremes this winter, +78f -25+f
Getting this one under my belt (after a decade of OD) will feel great!
I've since added propane heat in dark cycle to keep the lows in the upper 50's/lower 60's @ 50% or less humidity (More like 30% in light cycle, with temps in the upper 60's/lower 70's.)

Thank you for your input, FullMelt, I seriously appreciate it.
Here's a couple pics for you, took them about 8 hours ago...
Yes, and now I plainly see the cold damage to the fans leaf blades in this series of pics.
Strong hugzz,
Sk
;-)_~~
IMG 0218
IMG 0222
IMG 0233
IMG 0239
IMG 0227

I

infestedbuds

I have the same thing going on. I have looked at them under a scope. Since I know that CitraSolv kills any other insect, I tried it. They are DEAD. I have not yet tested on plants to see the effect, however they DO KILL these mites. CitraSolv is orange oil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom