SOS - Unknown deficiency is killing me

• Thread starter CuriousCultivator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

Hello everyone

I’m having a nightmare, W5 Flower and deficiency has hit hard, it’s already significantly impacted yields I’ve had the issue for just over a week, the first few days I’d misdiagnosed it as genetic.

The first sign of the deficiency my leaves are turning red (what I’d assumed could of been potentially genetic)
Sos   unknown deficiency is killing me

Shortly after they produce brown spots
Sos   unknown deficiency is killing me 2

The last stage they seem to yellow of and crumble up
Sos   unknown deficiency is killing me 3

This red tints and the spots was happening slowly at first, I assumed the red was genetic and the spots was possibly cal-mag deficiency, I had a disaster and my air-conditioner has broken and I’ve resorted to using dehumidifiers as a swap around, before I could get the humidifiers in the temperature dropped from around 24-28c to 16-21c this stress accelerated it rapidly, I’ve got stable parameters again now but that was a rough period for them.

The closest thing I’ve found myself was molybdenum deficiency but it’s supposedly rare and I may be over thinking it any advice is appreciated

Thank you in advance

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I can’t really say if it’s not enough or if it’s locked out. What are you growing in?

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

Phosphorus deficiency
Thank you, I’ve already lowered the PH to accommodate this deficiency as I did alter it to be slightly higher based on a nutrient chart recommendation to be closer to 6.5 which is around the time the red leaf started if it is phosphorus it should hopefully clear up unfortunately the plant shown is beyond healing it’s definitely scarred

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I’m in soil, if it is phosphorus it’s locked out due to PH
Yeah definitely different ph will lock out or make certain nutrients available. Seems like you figured it out. I’d work on getting the root zone healthy. Do you do teas? I like the fade away look in the first pic

TSD

TSD

I see brown pistils, how far are you from harvest? Just checking that it's not natural fading and using stuff from the leaves. Whe plant pic?

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

I see brown pistils, how far are you from harvest? Just checking that it's not natural fading and using stuff from the leaves. Whe plant pic?
I had a herm, I caught it in early in flower I believed I got it in time I potentially didn’t but that browning was from a heat spot, I’m coming close to W6 now and not seen any seed formation but there’s still time if it has been pollinated

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This presents as multiple issues. Whenever you get something that could be a number of things check the roots.
How much and how often do you water / feed?
Also, whats in your soil?

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Whole plant pic? If this is only on old big leafs I wouldn’t worry. Honestly at week 6 I wouldn’t go adding a bunch of stuff trying to chase a ghost.

Plant is through the majority of bud and is using less nutrients every day.

Probably coulda used a phosphorus bump 2 weeks ago but at this point your more likely to cause damage

If anything a low ec balanced feed but hard to say without more info and better pics.

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

This presents as multiple issues. Whenever you get something that could be a number of things check the roots.
How much and how often do you water / feed?
Also, whats in your soil?

I’ll have to check the roots, I’m in a soil/cork mix, typically let the plant tell me when it needs watering it’s been on average twice a week (nutrient then plain ph’d water) on a wet to dry cycle, what signs would I look for in the roots besides yellowing?

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I’ll have to check the roots, I’m in a soil/cork mix, typically let the plant tell me when it needs watering it’s been on average twice a week (nutrient then plain ph’d water) on a wet to dry cycle, what signs would I look for in the roots besides yellowing?
You shouldn’t ph your water. You adjust the soil ph if necessary. Adding synthetics could be killing your live ecosystem in the soil which in return hurts your roots. What are you using to ph up and down?

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

Whole plant pic? If this is only on old big leafs I wouldn’t worry. Honestly at week 6 I wouldn’t go adding a bunch of stuff trying to chase a ghost.

Plant is through the majority of bud and is using less nutrients every day.

Probably coulda used a phosphorus bump 2 weeks ago but at this point your more likely to cause damage

If anything a low ec balanced feed but hard to say without more info and better pics.

It’s difficult to get a whole plant picture without causing more confusion as they’re quiet closely bunched and strung up, I’d say they’re still in the bulking stage, afew others are getting really bulky now while that ones frozen in time in the stretching buds phase, the damage is done to that one but others have started with red leaves so it’s more diagnose and correct the feed for the benefit of the others not this specific plant, it was the first to show signs and the furthest progressed. my schedule says up feed one more time before I start to taper for the next couple weeks before flush while ripening

CuriousCultivator

CuriousCultivator

You shouldn’t ph your water. You adjust the soil ph if necessary. Adding synthetics could be killing your live ecosystem in the soil which in return hurts your roots. What are you using to ph up and down?

I’m using “hydroponic up and down”, thats all it says in the bottle it will be synthetic I presume, I never knew you wasn’t suppose to PH the clean water, this has potentially led to a build up in the pot but is that accurate as my water comes out the tap at over 8.0ph, would that not cause issues?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Thank you, I’ve already lowered the PH to accommodate this deficiency as I did alter it to be slightly higher based on a nutrient chart recommendation to be closer to 6.5 which is around the time the red leaf started if it is phosphorus it should hopefully clear up unfortunately the plant shown is beyond healing it’s definitely scarred
Leafs will never heal. What damage you see cannot be undone.

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

I’m using “hydroponic up and down”, thats all it says in the bottle it will be synthetic I presume, I never knew you wasn’t suppose to PH the clean water, this has potentially led to a build up in the pot but is that accurate as my water comes out the tap at over 8.0ph, would that not cause issues?
There are buffers in soil that self regulate the ph even if your water ph is high or low. If something looks like a ph problem do a slurry test with your soil and adjust the soil for what it needs naturally

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are looking for any color of slime on the roots.
What is in the soil? Soil should control the pH for you and adjusting it manually can cause issues in soil.

Top Bottom