sound proof...

• Thread starter sizzahash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sizzahash

just wanted 2 know if anybody can help me with my problem...just moved 2 boston from florida..and growing is going to be a little diffrent in boston...what im trying to do is set up a air conditioner...in a seal room ...but what im worried about is running the air conditioner ...in boston...because winter is coming ..i dont want my neigbors 2 wonder why my air con.. is running in the winter..dont have that problem in florida...any ideas will be cool farmers...:cool0041:

H

hbstoner

Is it just a window banger a/c? Some of those have heaters in them as well.. so it wouldnt be too strange for one to be running during the winter.. If anyone asks just tell em its a heater and to mind their own business :)

B

been

I would do something like use water from a pond, cistern or res to cool the lights. If I had to grow tropical fish to make it legit or build a small greenhouse over it.. whatever it takes.

J

Jalisco Kid

If it is a decent size ac they can be used as heat pumps as well. JK

Billygoat

Billygoat

I would be a little worried if it's a window units. Members have post that some of them have a heating side to them. That's fine and dandy, but when you hear a compressor kick on in the middle of winter in Boston. I would be a little worried myself. There is a difference in a compressor kicking on and the heating side to these units and most people know what the sounds of the ac running is.

What every you do, please be careful..
Later,
BG

sour power

sour power

sup bro bg's advice is sound.i lived in boston for years and can tell you first hand that if you use an a.c in the winter your gonna raise some eyebrows.my advice is vent your lights get a heater with built in thermostat and a dehuey and crack the window to let in fresh cold air.or you can keep a window open in another room and pull air in there from that room.either way should work.

sp

E

easypleasie

I would suggest using a water chiller and air cooling your lights that way (hydroinnovations). Much less conspicuous and very efficient. Of course, that depends on how many lights you're using. What's your setup gonna be?

pork

pork

you could go for a stand alone a/c unit....if you are going big enough to where you need a a/c and are worried about noise....what about the noise from the fans over the hoods and filter?

THECALI.KID

THECALI.KID

buy a portable ac from a grow shop don't use store bought ones like at homedepo , lows these will leak the stink from your garden out the hot air exchange i have a kwikool 13700 btu

S

sizzahash

any farmers no.. good website to order a good reliable..
ac unit...15000 btu:afroweed:

B

Bobby_604

Why don't you get a small quiet 4 inch fan sucking in the cold Boston air?

S&P Powervent Silent Line fans are unreal.

M

mrdizzle

a/c box, drawing fresh air from outside into the a/c then exhausting the air out the back into your living room during the winter.

O

ogluver

i agree that maybe using the cold air outside is the best bet at least at first glance

Latest posts

Top Bottom