Soundproof Box For Hyper Fan??

• Thread starter onionbahji
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TokenZen

I've never used one, but I'm sure you can find a review on them if ya search or youtube it.
Hyper fans are already pretty quiet, how silent did ya need the thing?

O

onionbahji

I've never used one, but I'm sure you can find a review on them if ya search or youtube it.
Hyper fans are already pretty quiet, how silent did ya need the thing?

its loud when in full speed lower setting its not bad but still can hear it in the hallway. got nosy relatives that come round.

dan1989

dan1989

its loud when in full speed lower setting its not bad but still can hear it in the hallway. got nosy relatives that come round.

Lol had the same problem too with my 6 inch extractor, nosy relatives, boxed it up in some thick wood with rockwool insulation and helped pretty well, but in my opinion it's the intake port itself that's the main culprit, mines pretty noisy in full speed but its more the sound of the air being sucked in and rushing through the ducting that puts unwanted heat on the grow. Sound proof ducting might help. Could try a speed controller but in my experience they make the fan sound horrible, like a screeching noise out of a nightmare. I have a quieter fan now so not an issue.

O

onionbahji

Lol had the same problem too with my 6 inch extractor, nosy relatives, boxed it up in some thick wood with rockwool insulation and helped pretty well, but in my opinion it's the intake port itself that's the main culprit, mines pretty noisy in full speed but its more the sound of the air being sucked in and rushing through the ducting that puts unwanted heat on the grow. Sound proof ducting might help. Could try a speed controller but in my experience they make the fan sound horrible, like a screeching noise out of a nightmare. I have a quieter fan now so not an issue.

iv got acoustic ducting which is ok. controller works well but will only operate well in low mode. im just not sure if i run it in low mode through out the babys lifetime will be able to run it at 35%? with out having Odour probs worse heat problems?. i would just make a soundproof box if i had the skills and tools

Latest posts

Top Bottom