Sourcing parts for UCXXL13 return manifold.

• Thread starter airedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
Anyone know a Canadian source for 3" Schedule 40 White PVC reducing tees, 3 * 1 FIPT, Part # 402-335? It was easier to find the Spin tight bulkheads as a Canadian store had 83 in stock and shipped next day. Even my friend at a large plumbing supply company says he'll have difficulty finding one; and that's after his vacation's over. I should have bought a boneless system, but didn't think to check on array spacing for LEDs <DOH !>.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Fittings came in and manifolds are now built.

A touch heavier given that piping is potable water PVC pipe. The problem i hadn't anticipated was the joint pipes that had to be extended as well. Seems the ABS bulkheads are not as thick as SCH 40 fittings, so there's a large lip at each end. Not sure if that's going to be an issue or not as it's easy to pull those joints and clean them at the end of a run; just not sure if they'll cause issues during, especially if i run bennies. Anyone here have similar issues, or suggestions?

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Something i noticed with those SpinTight fittings is that they seem to narrow as they deepen so PVC pipe will not seat at the end. Where i live the only ABS pipe i could find was black so i went PVC. Consistently on SpinTight fittings there would be a gap between the end of the pipe and the end of the channel in the fitting. I had a spare SpinTight and tried to get the PVC to friction fit to the end and had no luck, same gap. All the Tees and Elbow joints seated properly though. Time will tell whether or not this leads to bad bacteria colonizing my system.

Anyone else have this problem when trying to widen and elongate the footprint?

Latest posts

Top Bottom