Southern Ontario seed selection outdoors 2022

• Thread starter 4plant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4plant

4plant

It’s time to start popping some seeds for the season in southern Ontario and wondering what to grow?
lats year my crop was looking great until a very muggy wet September kinda screwed up the harvest. This year I’m looking for more quick finishers that can resist the mold. Frisian dew/ ak47 and 24k always run well but what are you guys growing in the great outdoors?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
HSC Advertises there Humboldt dream as being extremely mold and pest resistant. I am trying some this summer but not for that reason. In my opinion, any claims made by the breeders need to be taken with a grain of salt. I never see them say, Beware, this strain is very Susceptible to mold and pests!

4plant

4plant

Niagara seed bank has a line of “fast” seeds that aren’t autos but finish around 55 days, look interesting

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
All you can do is research it. But there are quite a few growers from your area that meet with varying degrees of success. Give them time to chime in. And good luck!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Up in Northern Maine we run a strain called pinewarp sometimes called timewarp, you most certainly should start ur seeds now so by the time you put them out we do in 2nd week of June, they need size for any cold nights u can get up there, if your plants are out and temp is going to fall below 40f cover them to protect, we start our outdoor seeds first week of April so buy 2nd week of June they can survive any cold nights at 2 and a half months old, allso you want them well on there way bc season is short.

IMG 20170903 130016769
4plant

4plant

I’ve ordered a few today from Niagara seed bank.
- Bruce banner fast
- do-si-dos-feminized-fast
- cbd Girl Scout cookies
The “fast” strains are 50-60 day finishers so that’s good, not sure if adding the ruderalis will affect the potency at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom