Southern UK - Bubba O Kush.

• Thread starter maturesmoker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maturesmoker

Nice to be here at THC Farmer :-) I'll start my outdoor thread just as they move into flowering, but I'll post a few earlier pics later :unsure:

South coast, UK........ garden grow, excellent soil on coastal marshland, barely need to water or feed from start to finish ! I dont like too many plants but I'm mainly concentrating on 2 bushes this year...both are Bubba O Kush, my favourite strain, from cuts taken from a beautiful mum the seeds originally coming as a gift from my friend 'Organic Herbalist' who first introduced me to this beautiful, sweet tasting strain. I also have one other plant in the ground....'Needles' AK47 xLR (non-auto). Shes a reveg from an indoor grow, I kept her because she had a strong deep purple-ish tint to the buds. Shes very vigorous.... shes been cut right back twice already but keeps on coming!

Also I have a few in pots outdoors: More bubba O Kush! some 'Flumpys mystery autos' (was gifted 5 of these and got 5 females, amazed!) No idea what they are.... but theyre starting to flower at just over 3 weeks! And theres also a single cutting from the AK47xLR that you see in the ground.

I wont go on, I'll leave a few pictures. Organic Herbalist will know these Kush plants, I'm hoping you can see them at harvest time mate :-)

A shot of the 2 Kush cuts, pic 1 (top) was a very mutated clone in early growth but shes fine now.

Pic 3 is the 'Needles' (in memory of the late HG420 members).

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Very nice garden mate. I really enjoyed growing the BoK. I have a bunch more seeds to plant out soon.

Take it easy neighbor.

O

organic herbalist

wow m8 they have grown loads since i popped down.
the needles is looking very nice now as it had only just started to reveg when i saw her

M

maturesmoker

the needles is looking very nice now as it had only just started to reveg when i saw her

That Needles is a strange plant OH. First time indoors she was vigorous and healthy and finished in 8 weeks with a purple tint to the buds and stems. I stuck her in the garden to reveg for a few clones and she exploded with growth! Twice I cut over 12" from all the tops when she reached the 3' mark but those stems keep coming theres no holding her back! I reckon this could be a very easy indoor strain to grow. I cut clones and every one rooted and believe me I'm pretty crap at cloning, thats way above my average....... this strain wants to grow :blink:

I need to get in there and have a trim up before she gets in flowering, I could a bucket of cuttings from her but have no use for them atm. I'll thin it all out anyway.

Heres the trunk, you can see how vigorously she re vegged at the bottom. Just had a nice foliar feed of liquid seaweed.

'Needles' AK47 xLowryder, non auto flowering.

tojocam

tojocam

Now thats what we all like outstanding looking plants and garden you have there bro.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

looking nice mate..
when do u harvest yours out side?

M

maturesmoker

looking nice mate..
when do u harvest yours out side?

Thanks for the comments. I hope to harvest early October latest, it really depends on what the weather does. Last year was a good September, hoping for te same this year ;)

U

ukcheesehead

Thanks for the comments. I hope to harvest early October latest, it really depends on what the weather does. Last year was a good September, hoping for te same this year ;)

shes looking great mate , hopefully the sun will be with you , unlike here lol

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Those plants look amazing, are they starting to flower-up yet? I've got a white russian in the greenhouse and seems to have started.. Quick question; whats the best early flowering variety not susceptible to bud rot for uk?? thanks in advance. :p

M

maturesmoker

Those plants look amazing, are they starting to flower-up yet? I've got a white russian in the greenhouse and seems to have started.. Quick question; whats the best early flowering variety not susceptible to bud rot for uk?? thanks in advance. :p

The Kush bushes are preflowering just moving into flowering now :-) We're into that time of year when things start moving. The mother of these two cuts was a fast finishing pheno with tight nuggets and massive indica fan leaves and very hashy sort of taste, still had the Kush sweetness though and thats what I love :D I'll use 'Ripen' this time round if the weather looks dodgy come end of September, it will finish them early but better than losing to mold.

So far in my experience of outdoor UK mold never really becomes a problem unless you get heavy rain over several days very late in flower with warm temps, I have never lost outdoor stuff to mold as yet though :mellow:

Weathers so unsettled down here, warm yesterday kids paddling over on the beach but today its pissing down, got soaked walking the dog but now the suns starting to come through!!

How do you find temps in a greenhouse? Do you need a fan in there or ventilation? Good luck with the White Russian, thats a very nice choice of strain.

Hers a pic of my last years outdoor bush, Northern Lights, femaleseeds.nl grown indoors, harvested, revegged and planted out early June. I stopped weighing at 7 OZ dry but there was still loads left on her low down and I was still cutting in third week of October!

Ripen
Force flowering solution.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
That girl looks like a beast, shes lovin it in the garden, i never knew u could grow Nl outside in our part of the world. I wish i could say the same about bud rot, last 3 season i've had the horrible pathogen attack my girls. I have an old strain of super skunk- 7th generation so far but always gets attacked by bud rot, last year i used a nice lookin durban had an amazing fragrance but lost the whole plant :wacko:

The white russian is loving it in the greenhouse, shes a mad thirsty girl though, shes getting a homebrew of cumfrey - 100% organic feed, so easy to make. Just about to give her some biobizz nows shes in flower mode. Using horticultural fleece to cool the gH and leavin the door and window open to create a draft during hot spells, cant put a fan in there though.

Gonna try a get some decent pics withn the next week for ya. :D

M

maturesmoker

That girl looks like a beast, shes lovin it in the garden, i never knew u could grow Nl outside in our part of the world. I wish i could say the same about bud rot, last 3 season i've had the horrible pathogen attack my girls. I have an old strain of super skunk- 7th generation so far but always gets attacked by bud rot, last year i used a nice lookin durban had an amazing fragrance but lost the whole plant :wacko:

The white russian is loving it in the greenhouse, shes a mad thirsty girl though, shes getting a homebrew of cumfrey - 100% organic feed, so easy to make. Just about to give her some biobizz nows shes in flower mode. Using horticultural fleece to cool the gH and leavin the door and window open to create a draft during hot spells, cant put a fan in there though.

Gonna try a get some decent pics withn the next week for ya. :D

Thanks cheesehead :-) August has been mad so far, more like April or maybe October! Main thing is that it settles for September as the buds begin to form...fingers crossed.

Green81: Sorry to read of your mold probs, I'd be gutted. We do get constant sea breezes down here, we never get those hot & humid sticky days or nights at least, down side is that in winter it blows your damn fence panels down!

I'm sure I have read of treatments for bud rot, preventative measures but I cant recall what it was? Calcium was one thing suggested...... powdered egg shells, I'll have a look a round.

Anyway, very best of luck with that WR.

D

Dogstar

bud rot

mature - looking good, nice and protected.

Re bud rot - this year I have started applying 'bud rot stop', which eradicates and prevents Botrytis. Early in August I had loads of leaves with insect holes that started to go grey and slimey with the humidity, then attracting Botrytis. Since I applied BRS this has stopped. It is a bit pricey (my patch takes 125mm to cover) but I am going to apply it every 7-10 days for the next 6 or 8 weeks.

I also applied Canna akTRIvator in the early stages of growth, which contains Trichoderma fungi and attacks pathogens.

I wish we had sea breezes, we had some gusts over 40 mph the other day which took off an upper Durban branch (they are prone to snap offs). It is a worry seeing a 9/10 foot plant bent over double and thrashing around.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Mature smoker... Thanks for the link, gonna see if i can get some from my local shop.. gonna be super vigilante this autumn. :wub:

Dogstar... Same thing with me, sometimes get quite a feq caterpillars causing damage to leaves which then encourages botrytis.. just had to take 2 off last week, fingers crossed with my WR, first time in nice new greenhouse.. she likes it in there, she put 3foot on in 3 weeks.. had to do some bending on her, shes competing with my tomatoes :laugh:
Thanks for everyones advice... fingers crossed for this apparent good weather in september.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey guys thought i would show that WR to ya, shes starting to do her stuff, mm cant wait.

Cheese 012
Cheese 006
Cheese 007
Cheese 013
Cheese 009
S

Stackin Paper

Hey guys thought i would show that WR to ya, shes starting to do her stuff, mm cant wait.

Nice tomato's dude, i love them fresh from the vine, you can't get better tasting tom's than straight from the vine.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Those tomatoes, taste real sweet...:laugh:

But i cant wait for that russian to finish-up.. hopefully early october.

F

FastForward

Looking superb MS. Someone said to me the other day that apparently we've just switched into 12/12 outside. Those tomatoes look amazing too. I've got some chillis on the go but they're outside and I think will have to come indoors pretty soon.

Top Bottom