Space limitation. Any help or suggestions?

• Thread starter loveinyourheart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

loveinyourheart

hi everyone

total noob here and I have a 2x2 tent. for some reasons, i thought having 4 autoflower wouldnt overly crowd my tent lol

day 20 and im obviously will be running into some space issues

Would topping helps? LST? what could help in my situation?

Space limitation any help or suggestions
crossfader

crossfader

What's going to help you is a bigger tent if you plan on bringing all 4 to harvest. Even with some LST I'm not sure there's enough room. Just my thoughts, someone else here with experience growing in tight spaces can possibly offer a solution. Good luck!✌️

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

With LST they can possibly fit there depends strain how much they stretch so go ahead and try and if they dont fit then get bigger tent or just remove 1. Ive done years ago same size tent with 4 plants in soil and they fit just there but its tight. I recommend maybe 2 on that space in soil. 80x80 tent with nft filling full with 2-3 week veg and 2 plant and sometimes hoping there was only 1 but i want 2 strains in my smoking jar. 😀

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Put a small fan under the canopy to keep air flowing, hang on and run it. I would only LST if you think height is gonna be a concern down the road, you don't want them to bush out. You could try a scrog net, just to help separate and organize the colas. I'd increase airflow and run it, you'll see and learn a lot. Keep your environment in check and you shouldn't have to worry about mold.
Images

L

loveinyourheart

With LST they can possibly fit there depends strain how much they stretch so go ahead and try and if they dont fit then get bigger tent or just remove 1. Ive done years ago same size tent with 4 plants in soil and they fit just there but its tight. I recommend maybe 2 on that space in soil. 80x80 tent with nft filling full with 2-3 week veg and 2 plant and sometimes hoping there was only 1 but i want 2 strains in my smoking jar. 😀
This will definitely be my lesson! more then 3 is absurd i think

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You can pick off the huge leaves that are causing space issues, not too many, just the ones that have to go.

L

loveinyourheart

Put a small fan under the canopy to keep air flowing, hang on and run it. I would only LST if you think height is gonna be a concern down the road, you don't want them to bush out. You could try a scrog net, just to help separate and organize the colas. I'd increase airflow and run it, you'll see and learn a lot. Keep your environment in check and you shouldn't have to worry about mold.
View attachment 1232792
Interesting! So technically, lst would probably exacerbate my issues? So i should prob not do any lst at all…

as for ventilation, i have a fan blowing over them…

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You have vertical space, but not much horizontal. LST increases horizontal growth and limits vertical growth, not what you want. Grow them up, pick off any big leaves down low that end up shaded or push into the other plants, increase airflow to remove any pockets of humidity, and you should end up with 4 fat coladas and some smaller stuff. It'll be fine.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Also, any leaves that touch the growing medium can go. You don't want to defoliate autos very much, but I don't see the harm in taking a couple leaves strategically, on occasion.

L

loveinyourheart

You have vertical space, but not much horizontal. LST increases horizontal growth and limits vertical growth, not what you want. Grow them up, pick off any big leaves down low that end up shaded or push into the other plants, increase airflow to remove any pockets of humidity, and you should end up with 4 fat coladas and some smaller stuff. It'll be fine.
For some reaons, i didnt fully understood that let would increase horizontal space which is exactly what i lack.

so i guess ill let them grow naturally then once they are near flowering do some heavy kyle kushman supercropping?

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Super cropping is for when a plant grows too high and you need to train it horizontally. Really, all training is to keep the plant from growing like a Christmas tree and make it more like a bush. If you are concerned about horizontal space, don't do any training, you want Christmas trees. Just grow the plants, autos don't like to be trained that much anyway. Just grow them to ripeness, don't worry about trying out everything you've read about. That's what I would do anyway. It's all about experimentation, so whatever feels right to you is the right answer for you.

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

For some reaons, i didnt fully understood that let would increase horizontal space which is exactly what i lack.

so i guess ill let them grow naturally then once they are near flowering do some heavy kyle kushman supercropping?
I would little bit LST then grow naturally. How height tent is? Im more hydro guy so soil guys can help more, they just grow so much faster and bigger in hydro so its hard to say cause my last soil round was about 7 years ago.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

All I could say is good luck 😆 lol in all seriousness I never grew auto for the unpredictable when they will flip topping autos idk wht isent recommended but in general if it was a photo period then topping would just make it bushy I'd say less plants top and LST more and more plants will require less vegtime and be a SCROG technique more 😉 in your situation I'd pray they flip soon and do a good defoliation on day 1 and 21 of flower to help airflow and light penatration that's my suggestion and either grow one auto or 4 photo period

2Bad

2Bad

Busy at work so I couldnt read the comments. Longshot but if you have a room that you can control the light in then you can take the tent poly off and just use the frame should give them room to spread out.

L

loveinyourheart

All I could say is good luck 😆 lol in all seriousness I never grew auto for the unpredictable when they will flip topping autos idk wht isent recommended but in general if it was a photo period then topping would just make it bushy I'd say less plants top and LST more and more plants will require less vegtime and be a SCROG technique more 😉 in your situation I'd pray they flip soon and do a good defoliation on day 1 and 21 of flower to help airflow and light penatration that's my suggestion and either grow one auto or 4 photo period
:)
oh yes, the plan is some heavy defoliation as soon as they show sign of flowering.

Busy at work so I couldnt read the comments. Longshot but if you have a room that you can control the light in then you can take the tent poly off and just use the frame should give them room to spread out.
not a option due to the smell situation...
I would little bit LST then grow naturally. How height tent is? Im more hydro guy so soil guys can help more, they just grow so much faster and bigger in hydro so its hard to say cause my last soil round was about 7 years ago.
2x2x5. far from ideal, its a real closet grow. but since they are autos, they shouldnt grow too high. i guess ill use LST only in the situation I have too highs of colas?
Super cropping is for when a plant grows too high and you need to train it horizontally. Really, all training is to keep the plant from growing like a Christmas tree and make it more like a bush. If you are concerned about horizontal space, don't do any training, you want Christmas trees. Just grow the plants, autos don't like to be trained that much anyway. Just grow them to ripeness, don't worry about trying out everything you've read about. That's what I would do anyway. It's all about experimentation, so whatever feels right to you is the right answer for you.
just wanted to say thx, youve been extremely helpful in this thread and my previous thread!

Last edited:
L

loveinyourheart

Hi everyone, i have noticed some yellow dots on my leaves. Any possible cause?
thx!,,

D5FDF146 03E4 480A 996A 014E173D5AED
5B6CAC32 FA28 4B84 9C1C 6411081B5A57
E22DC863 9B6D 411B 91F0 67A9178FC5AB
4443DD99 1FAB 4019 A6CD 0E86BBC048BA
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Looks to be calcium deficiency but I have a question your leaves seem to be experiencing signs of either nitrogen toxicity shinny waxy leaves and nitrogen toxicity could explain the abnormal droop or the could be from over watering what i can gather most of your leaves look whimsy and twisty looks like wind burn is there a possibility your overwatering and overfeeding and fan towards plants
Screenshot 20220408 161700 Chrome

Top Bottom