Spacing/layout Suggestions

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Ok so I'm needing to go from my 20in x 36in tent to my 4ft x 4ft tent for flower,I have 4 qb288 in 2700k and 3 vero29 cobs in 3000k,each has it's own driver running each board and cob around 50w each,total around 350w,I'd like to build a frame for all these lights and get the most even coverage possible but the odd number of lights is driving me nuts. I'd like any suggestions on spacing or layout for these lights without too much overlap.
I know I could have way more lights and/or push em way harder but that's not the issue or concern right now,please keep that in consideration with your response.

K

kansabis

Additional info,cobs are around 5.5in diameter and the quantum boards measure 6.833x11.25 in,also their will be a tower fan occupying around 1sqft of floor space.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

best thing to do and easiest i think,is build the frame that you want in the tent,design wise,then take each one and flip light on were you think you want it and follow the foot print of light to decide rather a side foot print or what not if you dig,thats what i did with my lights,just turned on one at a time,im in a 2x4x5 which is much smaller,but plant were 18in tallin the pot,then add pot height,and figure 18 in from canopy,that were i switched lights on and off for max coverage,led isnt like the hid ,it shoots straight down,and leaves me with one void in middle however i do it,but still gets the overlap,i also temp my tent from that hot spot,you dig what i mean

K

kansabis

Thnx man,might be what I end up having to do...
best thing to do and easiest i think,is build the frame that you want in the tent,design wise,then take each one and flip light on were you think you want it and follow the foot print of light to decide rather a side foot print or what not if you dig,thats what i did with my lights,just turned on one at a time,im in a 2x4x5 which is much smaller,but plant were 18in tallin the pot,then add pot height,and figure 18 in from canopy,that were i switched lights on and off for max coverage,led isnt like the hid ,it shoots straight down,and leaves me with one void in middle however i do it,but still gets the overlap,i also temp my tent from that hot spot,you dig what i mean

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thnx man,might be what I end up having to do...
well the reason i say this,is them damn hangers for the lights,i cant keep these bitchs straight for shit,so i figured id throw a few spacer between the lights and plywood for now,were the heat and fans still work good but hold all the lights inline and together,im looking at another cheap one fellow on other thread mentioned,said it is a 1k led but in reality only puts out about 230 ,so that explain why im not rocking the tent,i got 2 300 watt full spectrum and if all them are like that them bitchs be blairing about 100 watts

H

heisen

12 low wattage cobs would kill it in a 4x4.When i was doing all this research before and estimating it all i multiplied the square footage by 35 watts and figured that was a good spot to be on cobs,15 cobs (3 rows of 5 was a cob every square foot.
Than you need to figure out how much to drive the cobs to get to your target wattage cause after all the power company charges you by the watt not by the amp.
Multiply the forward voltage of the cob by the amps on the driver.a 1400mA driver for example will give you 1.4 amps.
the D series Vero is 37.5 volts.Multiply 37.5 X 1.4 and gives you 52 watts per cobb.Multiplied by 5 is 262 per driver or 5 cobs and multiplied by 3 is 786 watts total on my 4x5 which is really perfect.
You can get a 1.7 amp driver and use less cobs and still get the wattage up but the idea here is efficiency.More cobs less wattage means more efficient.Run them on 220 and it drops the amp pull in half so the drivers run cooler.
in a 4x4 i would use 12 D series veros or the cree CXB3590s
You can use the 1400mA 320 driver and run 6 cobs on each driver.
the crees are 36 volts so 36v x 1.4 = 50.4 watts X 6 = 302 watts.The Meanwell 320H 1400 will be the perfect driver.
The veros run a little higher on voltage so you will get a little more wattage out of the vero D series cobs.
spacing is easy just do 3 rows of 4 and be done with it.
would be bright as shit and run super efficient and last 10 plus years.
Heres the 15 cob i built for the 4x5 and this shit owns with 3 240H 1400mA drivers on 240V.
I mounted my drivers in an alumimum frame and its all wired up to harneses that can unhook.The framing was easy to build and the wiring is all soldered together.Easy shit.

20180725 004758

H

heisen

i drilled holes in 4 corners of the frame and just use ratchet rope straps to hang it.Nothing to it.you can see the straps in each corner of the frame.
20180725 013606

K

kansabis

Thnx for your input man,i know what I would like to have in my 4x4 but until I have money to spend on lighting again I'm stuck with what I have and I am just trying to figure out the best spacing for it,pretty sure I'm gunna end up with some overlap no matter what,which isn't really a bad thing unless I have dead spots,only dead spot is be ok with is over the tower fan.
12 low wattage cobs would kill it in a 4x4.When i was doing all this research before and estimating it all i multiplied the square footage by 35 watts and figured that was a good spot to be on cobs,15 cobs (3 rows of 5 was a cob every square foot.
Than you need to figure out how much to drive the cobs to get to your target wattage cause after all the power company charges you by the watt not by the amp.
Multiply the forward voltage of the cob by the amps on the driver.a 1400mA driver for example will give you 1.4 amps.
the D series Vero is 37.5 volts.Multiply 37.5 X 1.4 and gives you 52 watts per cobb.Multiplied by 5 is 262 per driver or 5 cobs and multiplied by 3 is 786 watts total on my 4x5 which is really perfect.
You can get a 1.7 amp driver and use less cobs and still get the wattage up but the idea here is efficiency.More cobs less wattage means more efficient.Run them on 220 and it drops the amp pull in half so the drivers run cooler.
in a 4x4 i would use 12 D series veros or the cree CXB3590s
You can use the 1400mA 320 driver and run 6 cobs on each driver.
the crees are 36 volts so 36v x 1.4 = 50.4 watts X 6 = 302 watts.The Meanwell 320H 1400 will be the perfect driver.
The veros run a little higher on voltage so you will get a little more wattage out of the vero D series cobs.
spacing is easy just do 3 rows of 4 and be done with it.
would be bright as shit and run super efficient and last 10 plus years.
Heres the 15 cob i built for the 4x5 and this shit owns with 3 240H 1400mA drivers on 240V.
I mounted my drivers in an alumimum frame and its all wired up to harneses that can unhook.The framing was easy to build and the wiring is all soldered together.Easy shit.

View attachment 818176

Top Bottom