Specialty Thermostat Needed

• Thread starter ncga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ncga

ncga

I want to control a vent that would come on on ONLY if the outside temp is lower than the grow room.

Thanks for any suggestions

nc

A

AbusiveOGK

Use a Sentinel or CAP controller. I guess in your case you could use the temp sensor on the outside of your room. Get a feel for your room's average temp. If you constantly find it to be around 80, have the controller kick the intake fan on when it drops below that.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

like Abusive said. Also you can ad a backdraft damper to help with unwanted air being able to get in the grow room. They also make electic backdraft dampers that can open and close when you want them to.
You can get a cheap thermostat at any grow shop. They cost around 50 for just the cooling thermostat.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
duct damper pic for reference. They run about $60.00
duct_damper.jpg

These things come in handy if you only want air to flow one way (or prevent from losing c02)
damper1.JPG

I would also check the hvac industry for a thermostat, they usually can be found for cheaper.

http://www.smarthome.com/3018/DuctStat-Automatic-Duct-FanThermostat-DS100/p.aspx

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
You want a commercial thermostat in conjunction with an outside air sensor. It will take a 12v transformer and a few relays to tie it all together.

ncga

ncga

What I want is more than a set point.I also have motorized damper to control my air cooled lights

I run the lights at night with AC going 24/7. I want to take advantage of the cool night and early morning air. The when it get warmer than the room the fan would turn off. I could use a set point but I want to automate it a bit more. When I get HomeSeer to use the temp sensor it will be able to do it with a software solution. I'm looking for a hardware solution.

TIA

nc

convex

convex

Heat pump set point wired to a fan center - fan tap to your zone control (damper) and blower.

R

RMCG

Get a Ranco Temp Controller.

Put the probe outside(probe wire can be up to 400', if needed).

Controller has H1 and C1 settings (Heating or Cooling), differential and C or F setting, that's it.

Set your H1 setting to your 'max', 1* differential. When the outside temp hits X, it will shut off whatever is plugged in to it ( NC Damper and Fan).

Top Bottom