Spider Farm Sale - is this setup any good?

• Thread starter OntarioGoldenHash
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OntarioGoldenHash

I do NOT work for Spider farm to avoid anyone wondering :D

I am looking at getting a 5x5 tent.

PLEASE let me know if the below setup is any good and what you would change, I intend to start with 8 plants using super soil.

Spider Farmer® SF7000 650W Full Spectrum Foldable Led Grow Light With Dimmer Knob

●WATTAGE: 650W
●PPE: 2.8 umol/J
●Diodes: 1716 pcs Samsung LM301B
●Max coverage:6x6FT
●Core coverage:5x5FT

Spider Farmer® 5'x5'x6.5' (150x150x200cm) 1680D High Reflective Indoor Grow Tent

Spider Farmer®4 Inch Inline Fan Combo with Temperature and Humidity Fan Controller

Many thanks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I do NOT work for Spider farm to avoid anyone wondering :D

I am looking at getting a 5x5 tent.

PLEASE let me know if the below setup is any good and what you would change, I intend to start with 8 plants using super soil.

Spider Farmer® SF7000 650W Full Spectrum Foldable Led Grow Light With Dimmer Knob

●WATTAGE: 650W
●PPE: 2.8 umol/J
●Diodes: 1716 pcs Samsung LM301B
●Max coverage:6x6FT
●Core coverage:5x5FT

Spider Farmer® 5'x5'x6.5' (150x150x200cm) 1680D High Reflective Indoor Grow Tent

Spider Farmer®4 Inch Inline Fan Combo with Temperature and Humidity Fan Controller

Many thanks.
I like the Spiderfarmer stuff, I have their 3x3x6.5' tent and 2 of their SE3000 lights. I haven't heard or read anyone complaining about their quality or service. They are sponsors on here and lots of us are using their equipment. I haven't had any experience with other outfits but I see complaints about vivosuns stuff, specially their tents with pinholes & light leaks through the zippers

I bought my intake and exhaust fans seperately I found SF fans & controllers more expensive than I could get them elsewhere....Hello Amzon cheap fan and controller please.....😄
😄

O

OntarioGoldenHash

I like the Spiderfarmer stuff, I have their 3x3x6.5' tent and 2 of their SE3000 lights. I haven't heard or read anyone complaining about their quality or service. They are sponsors on here and lots of us are using their equipment. I haven't had any experience with other outfits but I see complaints about vivosuns stuff, specially their tents with pinholes & light leaks through the zippers

I bought my intake and exhaust fans seperately I found SF fans & controllers more expensive than I could get them elsewhere....Hello Amzon cheap fan and controller please.....😄
😄
Thank you so much for your insight, I really appreciate it. One can read so much, real world experiences really help.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

I would use at least a 6" fan for that size setup maybe an 8".
Hi MercDod, thank you for your input. I have a question is the light enough if I went to 8 plants, or should I stay at 4? Thanks.

MercDod

MercDod

It seems to me the most single rule of thumb I come across on my research states you should have 35 true watts (not LED equivalent watts) per square foot. That's width X depth X 35watts. I would also recommend to get a rectangular light for a rectangular tent and a square light for a square tent unless you get two square lights for a rectangular tent for a little more versatility. I would look for something that several have had good success with and has adjustable brightness. Other good quality's you might consider are drivers that can be outside the tent if heat is an issue for you and good quality parts ( some people swear by samsung diodes). Most all these things are basically opinions and you will get people that will agree and those that have other ideas. Do the research and decide on something that makes you happy based on the research you come up with.

With that said,I think the light you have should be fine for 8 plants.

I have a 4X4 tent so based on the math I should have a LED light that has 560 true watts, however my TS 3000 has a advertised 450 true watts (actually 439 by an independent meter) and it suits my needs.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

It seems to me the most single rule of thumb I come across on my research states you should have 35 true watts (not LED equivalent watts) per square foot. That's width X depth X 35watts. I would also recommend to get a rectangular light for a rectangular tent and a square light for a square tent unless you get two square lights for a rectangular tent for a little more versatility. I would look for something that several have had good success with and has adjustable brightness. Other good quality's you might consider are drivers that can be outside the tent if heat is an issue for you and good quality parts ( some people swear by samsung diodes). Most all these things are basically opinions and you will get people that will agree and those that have other ideas. Do the research and decide on something that makes you happy based on the research you come up with.

With that said,I think the light you have should be fine for 8 plants.

I have a 4X4 tent so based on the math I should have a LED light that has 560 true watts, however my TS 3000 has a advertised 450 true watts (actually 439 by an independent meter) and it suits my needs.
Oh wow this is super helpful, I've not come across '35 true watts per square foot'. Huge thanks again.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Hi MercDod, thank you for your input. I have a question is the light enough if I went to 8 plants, or should I stay at 4? Thanks.

8 plants in a 5x5 will be a disgusting thing when it comes to managing the plants. I find 4 plants in a 4x4 to be the sweet spot.

The SE7000 would be perfect for a 5x5 no matter how many plants you run.

O

OntarioGoldenHash

Just a thought, does anyone know if SpiderFarmer LEDs CE certified in Canada (or anywhere else)? Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom