Spider Farmer SE5000 Tester Grow

• Thread starter Neuro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Thanks so much Spider Farmer for this great new light. Apologies to anyone who expected this earlier. I had a very late-finishing pheno on my last grow that pushed this back later than I would have like. So without further ado...
Great new light!
5x5 VivoSun tent
AC Infinity Cloudline T6
18DB06FE-277C-48FE-8D0D-15F9B2ECAF8B.jpeg
1B5F8696-3B10-4138-9034-31E9B46FC974.jpeg

This time around I'm going with the freebie theme and growing Fizzy Drank fems from Exotic Genetix. One of my three bonus seeds wasn't viable but the other two did fine. Soaked them for 14hrs then paper towels. Both popped within 24 hrs (9/8) and spent 4 days or so in rapid rooters before going into gallon pots in Happy Frog soil with 20% added perlite. There they have sat for the last month under a cheap blurple in a vacant shower stall until they were topped a week ago. So far they have just been getting tap water ph'd to 6-6.5.

Pictures reflect that they look a little droopy and may be having a little problem settling in. Lights are at 24 inches but I turned power down to 40% and will increase gradually. The plan is to get them nice and happy before moving them to 10 gallon pots and screening them. They also look like they might want to feed so I plan to start this week. Following the freebie theme I'm giving a sample pack of Nectar for the Gods a whirl and supplementing it to follow the Greek regimen.

I'm excited to do this grow. I have little to no idea what I'm doing and welcome any and all input. I'm an expert at smoking but growing is new. My first grow I barely touched because I was afraid it would spontaneously die. In graduate school in the South friends would only half joke about having me come over and take care of their yards if they had a kudzu infestation. Black thumb was an understatement.My wife thought I needed another hobby to fill all the extra time so this was it. Imagine my surprise when nothing blew up. This'll be my fifth grow. Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions or if there's something I idiotically left out!

Neuro

Neuro

Girls looking happy with their new home so I moved them into NFTG #4 soil (prewatered) and watered them in with NFTG Herc and Gaia 1tbsp/gal with water ph’d to 6.3. Once they perk up a little I’ll start some LST and get the net up.
3B0200B7 A266 4461 8EFF F5B4EB48C49F

Neuro

Neuro

Everything moving along nicely. Slowly upping nutrients and lights. Sprayed today with the bloom khaos. Hopefully I’ve got enough Ca in the root zone that they shouldn’t have too many problems. I did break a top off while moving the second plant across the net. Not sure what’s going on there. Probably just me being careless. They got a little cold the other night but seem to be OK.
ABDFA2D8 1BB6 478C 9BF1 B24A002E00E9
846069F0 7615 4B4A A66B E7E3D5C96F48

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks so much Spider Farmer for this great new light. Apologies to anyone who expected this earlier. I had a very late-finishing pheno on my last grow that pushed this back later than I would have like. So without further ado...
Great new light!
5x5 VivoSun tent
AC Infinity Cloudline T6
View attachment 1177570View attachment 1177571
This time around I'm going with the freebie theme and growing Fizzy Drank fems from Exotic Genetix. One of my three bonus seeds wasn't viable but the other two did fine. Soaked them for 14hrs then paper towels. Both popped within 24 hrs (9/8) and spent 4 days or so in rapid rooters before going into gallon pots in Happy Frog soil with 20% added perlite. There they have sat for the last month under a cheap blurple in a vacant shower stall until they were topped a week ago. So far they have just been getting tap water ph'd to 6-6.5.

Pictures reflect that they look a little droopy and may be having a little problem settling in. Lights are at 24 inches but I turned power down to 40% and will increase gradually. The plan is to get them nice and happy before moving them to 10 gallon pots and screening them. They also look like they might want to feed so I plan to start this week. Following the freebie theme I'm giving a sample pack of Nectar for the Gods a whirl and supplementing it to follow the Greek regimen.

I'm excited to do this grow. I have little to no idea what I'm doing and welcome any and all input. I'm an expert at smoking but growing is new. My first grow I barely touched because I was afraid it would spontaneously die. In graduate school in the South friends would only half joke about having me come over and take care of their yards if they had a kudzu infestation. Black thumb was an understatement.My wife thought I needed another hobby to fill all the extra time so this was it. Imagine my surprise when nothing blew up. This'll be my fifth grow. Thanks for taking a look and let me know if you have any questions or if there's something I idiotically left out!
Looking good ! How close to your plants is your light? and on what setting?

Neuro

Neuro

Looking good ! How close to your plants is your light? and on what setting?
They're about 22 inches at closest running at about fifty percent. According to my Photone app it's a little over 400par with amazingly even distribution.

Neuro

Neuro

Chugging along. Did a slurry test this week and came up with ph a little higher than I want it right now at 6.4 and 6.6. Ppm’s were decent but at the low end at 335 and 300 respectively. I’m going to keep up with the slurry tests and keep an eye on the ph but decided to forgo my Herc flush and increase the nutrients which I’ve got up to full strength now with the exception of the Kraken which I’ve cut out until later in veg. The branches have become much more pliable and easier to train along the trellis now that she’s not eating all that chitin.
1246E1A6 3A95 489B A961 A423E2652097
12C40960 3AC2 4D69 9100 FBA42A48E9CC

I was a little concerned with the purple stems on the plant in the second pic so I’ve been foliar feeding with some Pegasus and Poseidonzime to see if some extra kelp or nitrogen will help her green up. Seems to be helping. I’m going to keep it up. Happy Halloween y’all!

Neuro

Neuro

Just been feeding this week. Slurry came in at 6.5 ph and 344 ppm on the one which I’m pretty happy with. Ph is up a bit but flower is approaching and everything looks good. Opted for a tea day there. The other one was at 6.4 ph and looks pretty hungry at 266 ppm. No tea for her. Upped my Herc and Demeters and fed. I’m thinking it may be time to thin out under the net and flip soon but I’d like to get rid of some of the weird curly-q new growth (pic included)which apparently in this line is a sign you’re pushing too hard with the bloom khaos without enough reserves. Being the genius I am, I missed that I was supposed to up the BK gradually from 1.25-5ml/qt foliar. I fed it at 5 two weeks ago and am still dealing with this odd stuff even though I’ve been pumping them full of food. I’d like to see this gone before I flip.
Lights are great at 60% and 20 inches or so above canopy. It’s giving me between 400 par around the edges to almost 600 in the middle at the closest point. Nothing not to like there!
47A0C1C7 8CE9 4837 B6CC CA94C77E2C51
0CF3D7A3 9CA6 47F0 92FE C79F0551D617

Neuro

Neuro

Flushed and flipped this week. Also did a little light defoliation underneath the canopy that I’ll finish in a week or so. I like to clean up under there but have had crap luck taking too much before. Finally through the most boring part!
EDDCCB62 1F15 46EA B12E 12B5494ED4A4

Neuro

Neuro

Just my weekly bit. Everything still looking good. Just about done tucking for the plant on the left at the end of the first week of flower. The one on the right was not meant to be scrogged and never really wove into the trellis properly, probably because the indica genes are strong with her and they spent way too long in veg under the cheap blurple. I’ve been upping my Bloom Khaos and my Herc and am probably going to cut out any more foliar feeding this week after a last IPM day. Happy growing and hope all y’all in the US have a great Thanksgiving this week!
C4A18F89 98C3 49AB A8EE 7A07FFF67A42

Neuro

Neuro

What a difference a week makes! I had to throw up the second net and lift my light. They’re only at F16 and I’m hoping this next week won’t bring too much additional stretch. I plan on doing some more cleaning up of the bottom and clearing out some leaves in the middle this week but otherwise, all looks like it’s moving right on schedule. Going to drop the N input this week and that should help stall the stretch a little.
B8AF4E76 BFB0 46D0 965E FAD666186A00
5F763037 0808 4E30 926F 6F4C16D6E1D8

Definitely two different phenos here. Had a little problem with the stretchier one this week. My soil slurry was showing the pH at 6.8. Boy, I sure am glad that I don’t have to worry about pH in soil. Yeah. So… A flush with Herc at 6.2 tied up a lot of that stuff and brought me back to a nice 6.5 but she’s now a little hungry at 280 ppm. Insane, as I’m consistently feeding at above 2000 ppm.

C02C4BD7 AAA3 405D 8112 0FC28A1F7AC4
Neuro

Neuro

Looking good in there Neuro! I'm looking forward to seeing some nug formation lol.
There’s some starting up. I wouldn’t mind seeing more! The first one is looking like it’s going to be full of bangers.
EBC1B8A2 A51D 4942 AB23 0BF65F963B34
9531625A 1958 41A4 B8B3 F30C42D193E7

Neuro

Neuro

Nothing much to say this week. Everything progressing as planned. I keep seeing persistent pH drift upward in one of the two pots. I’d like it to be sitting at about 6.5. It wants to be at 6.8/9. It’s been a little finicky but looks like there’s plenty of food in the medium (ec=0.6) so I gave it a good dose of Mammoth P and EM-1 with its tea. Hopefully the microbes will help even this lady out. The one next to her is just cruising right along. Not unhappy with things overall though. Just playing the waiting game.
8DF35EC9 6823 43C2 9F6A 670B783AA517

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Nothing much to say this week. Everything progressing as planned. I keep seeing persistent pH drift upward in one of the two pots. I’d like it to be sitting at about 6.5. It wants to be at 6.8/9. It’s been a little finicky but looks like there’s plenty of food in the medium (ec=0.6) so I gave it a good dose of Mammoth P and EM-1 with its tea. Hopefully the microbes will help even this lady out. The one next to her is just cruising right along. Not unhappy with things overall though. Just playing the waiting game.View attachment 1194435
wow~ that is great job!!!!!!

Neuro

Neuro

Starting to pick up a little frost here at day 30. The buds aren’t stacking as much as I’d like but looking at other cultivars from this breeder that might be to be expected. The stretchier plant is also starting to roll off some stank. Fruity and gassy like Strawberry Shortcake’s drawers.
1F3EDCB4 E58E 4A3D B352 96DE5DD04511
67E76B48 23BB 4DFB B211 5B35E3C1E274

Top Bottom