Spider farmer SF 1000 grow in 1Diesel1s garage (tent)

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was graciously given a SF1000 by spider farmer to test. I will document the process and results as they happen.
Very pleased with the simplicity of the light and compactness. There’s a lot of light in a small package here.
Dimmer installed next to the ballast is a plus.
I will be flowering in a 4x4 tent, carbon filter on scrub.
Mini dehumidifier I haven’t quit figured out yet.
First off I need to get this light in there close up the tent and see what temps we will be swinging just with the light in the tent.
We are on a pheno hunt at the moment so we will be running several different strains once we determine what we want to flower in the tent.
4565F8FF-AB0D-4018-AC2A-ACA4F8EED66D.jpeg
4CDAD94E-09B3-4C2B-85CF-4D05C863EEE1.jpeg
C40A0D88-6E82-4773-897C-874B6E992F6E.jpeg

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

An SF-1000 flowering a 4x4? 🤔 That's like 6.5 watts per sq ft. Is this for real?

Not trying to sound pessimistic but that seems like a tall order to fill. Im in for the ride. 👍🤷‍♂️
I’m not sure he has read the spec sheet. This light is only good to flower a 2x2 area and a 3x3 veg. Part of the reason people have such mixed experiences with these lights is because they aren’t using the lights properly. Good luck though!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
If it wasn't a sponsored grow I wouldn't even ask but does @SpiderFarmerLED now recommend sf-1000's for flowering 4x4 tents? Did I miss something? 🤔

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

If it wasn't a sponsored grow I wouldn't even ask but does @SpiderFarmerLED now recommend sf-1000's for flowering 4x4 tents? Did I miss something? 🤔
Don’t be so quick to throw blame at the vendor. They suggest the SF4000 for a 4x4 flower area. They dont suggest the 1000 for a full 4x4 tent. That being said, if this was a tent for a mother, I’d actually consider just the single 1000 but that’s only for a mother, or early veg.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Don’t be so quick to throw blame at the vendor. They suggest the SF4000 for a 4x4 flower area. They dont suggest the 1000 for a full 4x4 tent. That being said, if this was a tent for a mother, I’d actually consider just the single 1000 but that’s only for a mother, or early veg.

they wanted me to flower a 3x3 with that little lamp.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
"quick to throw blame" ? 🤔 I was asking a question.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All I have is a 4x4 tent. That is why the light is in this particular tent.
I’m not about to go out and by a tent specifically for this test.
This tent I specifically use to isolate clones I bring in from outside entities.
Once they are cleared of any bugs they move to the veg room then flower room after that.
This light will do fine in here after I add a little reflective TPO around the perimeter of the tent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

This tent I specifically use to isolate clones I bring in from outside entities.
Once they are cleared of any bugs they move to the veg room then flower room after that.
This light will do fine in here after I add a little reflective TPO around the perimeter of the tent.

they offered me the little tent too. Im surprised they didnt offer you one bro. Especially a grower with your experience and a moderator to boot. And maybe a lamp with enough power to be worth it. I couldn't waste the time and space just to show for them. If they offered a real replacement lamp for a 600 hps i would have surely done it.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Well the g/watt numbers should be through the roof then if you pull it off. 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom