Spider Farmer Upgrade for my 4 x Samsung LED MOD FSERIES GEN3 3500K Strips?

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hiya guys,

Please can anyone advise if the newer versions of LEDs, like the Spider Farmer, run cooler than older diy built lights? I'd like to upgrade from my 216w to, say 300-450w.

I'm just worried about the heat. My current diy built lights run high 70's to low 80's so I can't take more heat.

Thanks in advance!

Happy growing!

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Instead of just saying spiderfarmer is a good choice maybe you could point out why its a good choice (for People not in the know)
I can vouch for sf2000. Does not run very hot. Its a 200w draw. Another light draw 480w. Its hot to touch but you are not supposed to touch it. Radiation heat feels warm under the light but not Else.

Its a lot cooler than old tech I suppose. But I have never owned oldtech led

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Instead of just saying spiderfarmer is a good choice maybe you could point out why its a good choice (for People not in the know)
I can vouch for sf2000. Does not run very hot. Its a 200w draw. Another light draw 480w. Its hot to touch but you are not supposed to touch it. Radiation heat feels warm under the light but not Else.

Its a lot cooler than old tech I suppose. But I have never owned oldtech led

i wish i knew where to find the thread but one of our members compared the spider farmer to a similar wattage lamp and it was much hotter in the same space.

FFM

FFM

A pic of your Led stripes light ?
Spider farmer Leds are good lights, but not cooler than stripes, why should they ?
Sure, depends on how you build up your Led Stripes light. ( DIY )

Why not upgrade to 8 x Samsung led stripes ?
Do you think you get more yield with the spider ?

Don`t see your advantage.
only my thoughts...

Let it grow 👍

Northernpop

Northernpop

Think I was being greedy guys. I'm happy with my temps atm, so I'll stick with slightly smaller Nugs.

These lights have been sweet as a nut, since day 1. I'd recommend strip lights! Nice spread.

Top Bottom