Spider Mite Reality

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Won’t let me load a video, here’s some pics.
70540106 E733 4EA4 9B10 4D557E2E3EDA
32391D5B 5FDF 4DCE B7B7 02F29AF94CB5
83630A4F C42F 4C39 95F1 89E930D2C39C
sprays a little thick. If the fan was on these plants those drips would pretty much have eroded away.
6AC279F8 AB0F 45D0 A0EE 3C6655F54CE3
3827967B 84BD 4516 B907 F5DDAF817CC0
The 2 pics above are the plants closet to the fan as you can tell the drips have eroded away.

View attachment 7623D47C-41E2-41D3-8878-D2717AB65CD3.MOV
Dbear180

Dbear180

Won’t let me load a video, here’s some pics.View attachment 839288View attachment 839284 View attachment 839285sprays a little thick. If the fan was on these plants those drips would pretty much have eroded away. View attachment 839286View attachment 839287 The 2 pics above are the plants closet to the fan as you can tell the drips have eroded away.

Yeeeeee I'd try finer atomization. If you get a spray gun open the fan all the way open, material wound out all the way & then squeeze trigger all the way & come back in on material dial until you feel the needle starting to push against the trigger. Bout 20 psi should be good. Higher the pressure the finer your material will atomize.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeeeeee I'd try finer atomization. If you get a spray gun open the fan all the way open, material wound out all the way & then squeeze trigger all the way & come back in on material dial until you feel the needle starting to push against the trigger. Bout 20 psi should be good. Higher the pressure the finer your material will atomize.
I used a regular squeeze sprayer for the application. Lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I don’t think a soil drench would have any effects on spider mites either. It’s not a strong enough systemic but would work on some soil pest for sure.
My problem is people think because it’s approved to be used, they think it should always be used as preventative or as a attack mode.
I don’t know about you guys but I don’t want to be smoking,vaporing or ingesting any pesticides organic or not. If these guys are spraying batch after batch after batch it shows me they are incompetent growers who can’t spot and treat problems in the veg stage.
I told you i agree. But these growers only need to pass the goverment regulations after all.
And i dont personally see any negatives of people using organic solutions for their needs rather than very dangerous chemicals.
If you want purer and better you have to grow yourself. This is true about almost anything.
This chart is about just one soil drench, not a constant supply of neem. Incorporating neem meal in soil would have better concentrations imo. There will be constant supply of neem provided to the plant.
When i did a search on the subject, i see that it takes 3 months for it to breakdown completely. If you solely use neem as your nitrogen ammendment in soil, than you may reach protective concentrations and since it would take 3 months to break down plus 20 days in the plant tissue, there will be azadirachtin in the plant for 4 months.
Wish there was a chart on it.

Last edited:
3 balls

3 balls

I mean they say you can drink Mighty Wash of ya had to live i guess lol. But i found it to be AWESOME for me.....Not readers here.
I sprayed lightly for 3 days 6 girls i sprayed beginging of Week 7, came down end of week eight....Shocked i diddnt notice anything, nor have seen another for 2 years so far.....Newbie here lmao, but i have a gallon now just incase those BASTARDS COME BACK.
I loved MW for a minute, I'm glad you have it under control. Not sure what the shelf life is but if you can make it 2 years in-between outbreaks it may be the only product you ever need. I found that in larger spaces/ extended battles the bastards became immune to it and I could hear them laughing at me.;)

3 balls

3 balls

Harbor freight special $30 for a cheap Chinese auto spray gun.
3 thumbs up
I strongly recommend one of these Harbor freight types. Like Dbear I have some high end automotive paint guns, they can stay in the cabinet for this.
Especially if you already have a compressor handy, you will never go back. No comparison to pump sprayers. You can crank the pressure and stand back for a room fog, dial it way down and shoot a light but focused stream to a plant you cant reach well etc.etc.
Best Part- you ended using way less product due to the controlled efficiency! Good for your wallet but better for the crop.

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

I loved MW for a minute, I'm glad you have it under control. Not sure what the shelf life is but if you can make it 2 years in-between outbreaks it may be the only product you ever need. I found that in larger spaces/ extended battles the bastards became immune to it and I could hear them laughing at me.;)
Thanks you for the info and reply. I spray my girls once a month now, every 5 weeks max in veg. I veg 10 to 16 weeks norm. Azamax, coco wet, PHed water. Nothing in flower or 8 days before....Ill def keep an eye out. Some good info on this thred, thanks for making.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
At the end of the day spray intervals is what really kills pests. There really isnt a once and done solution and treating anything in that manner is harming all other growers and the cause of increased pest resistance. IPM practices exists for a reason. Another reason they group similar modes of action and suggest you rotate.

Most anything will kill spider mites if you are doing the proper spray intervals to the life cycle based on temp ( higher temp equals more freq) they are actually one of the easier things to get rid of honestly preventive is key. Waiting till you have chewed up plants and webs is the wrong way to go about it. Cold pressed neem by itself is about the only thing that wont work from what i have seen by itself if you already have a build up unless you spend 2 months sprayings them ever 3 days. This is also based on your plant count and room setup of course. Bigger commercial setups have to usually go way more extreme.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

If you solely use neem as your nitrogen ammendment in soil, than you may reach protective concentrations and since it would take 3 months to break down plus 20 days in the plant tissue, there will be azadirachtin in the plant for 4 months.
Wish there was a chart on it.

What’s the source of this info ?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
What’s the source of this info ?
There is a chart i posted that shows plant takes up azadiracthin thru the roots and the compound is present in the plant tissue for 20 days after the application.
A neem cake company declares that their neem pellets (cakes) take 3 months to break down in the soil.
So there will be azadirachtin in the plant tissue for 3-4 months.
Does this reach protective concentrations? I don’t know but possible.
As i told wish there was a chart.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Scratch everything I just posted here. It was a complete failure the way I approached this method.
My apologies to all for wasting precious grow time!

1D1

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

There is a chart i posted that shows plant takes up azadiracthin thru the roots and the compound is present in the plant tissue for 20 days after the application.
A neem cake company declares that their neem pellets (cakes) take 3 months to break down in the soil.

If it’s the chart in the 1st page , can you link the source so we can see the study. I googled and can’t find it

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
If it’s the chart in the 1st page , can you link the source so we can see the study. I googled and can’t find it
The research shows up when googled. This chart i posted is from another canna site. It may not be included in the study itself. Or it is and i can’t find it either because most sites i find requires membership.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I’m not seeing anywhere in that link it saying azadirachtin stays in plant tissue for 3-4 months due to topdressing with neem cake

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I’m not seeing anywhere in that link it saying azadirachtin stays in plant tissue for 3-4 months due to topdressing with neem cake
I didnt say topdressing thats the problem number 1. I am not talking about a handful of neem scattered on the top soil. I am talking about good amount of neem cake worked into the soil. Relying mostly on neem as your fertilizer needs.
I am explaining myself and you are saying there are no research. I told you there are no research. Its logic. Its my claim.
One application of azadirachtin stays in the plant tissue for 20 days.
Two application of azadirachtin would probably be in the plant tissue for 40 days if the application has been done in 20 day intervals.
Now following the same logic, if you supply a constant source of neem, there will be azadirachtin in the plant tissue as long as there is azadiracthin in the rootzone.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Scratch everything I just posted here. It was a complete failure the way I approached this method.
My apologies to all for wasting precious grow time!

1D1
Why?
Is it because you were getting the DE wet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom