Spider Mite Reality

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
most economical and natural way to kill spider mites and thrips is a habenaro spray. 5 habenaro per quart. Chop fine especially seeds. Simmer for 20 minutes do not boil or you’ve ruined the spray. Filter through non bleached coffee filter. Spray bottom and tops. Kills mites and eggs on contact. Be careful when making use proper PPE WHEN MAKING AND SPRAYING!
Store in fridge, DO NOT DRINK!!
IT WILL HURT YOU!!!

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Ok I see, so your just saying it’s because what you think ? It’s confusing because your quoting charts and studies so I assumed you had data to back up your logic.

I think the problem is your association of azadirachtin to neem cake or oil as if it’s the same thing. Sure it’s a constituent but where people are failing these tests for residuals is where there using products like azamax, which is purely a extract. It’s not even neem anything at that point, it’s a ingredient derived from neem, nothing more

I didnt say topdressing thats the problem number 1. I am not talking about a handful of neem scattered on the top soil. I am talking about good amount of neem cake worked into the soil. Relying mostly on neem as your fertilizer needs.
I am explaining myself and you are saying there are no research. I told you there are no research. Its logic. Its my claim.
One application of azadirachtin stays in the plant tissue for 20 days.
Two application of azadirachtin would probably be in the plant tissue for 40 days if the application has been done in 20 day intervals.
Now following the same logic, ıf you supply a constant source of neem, there will be azadirachtin in the plant tissue as long as there are azadiracthin in the rootzone.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Ok I see, so your just saying it’s because what you think ? It’s confusing because your quoting charts and studies so I assumed you had data to back up your logic.

I think the problem is your association of azadirachtin to neem cake or oil as if it’s the same thing. Sure it’s a constituent but where people are failing these tests for residuals is where there using products like azamax, which is purely a extract. It’s not even neem anything at that point, it’s a ingredient derived from neem, nothing more
I have the data to back it up. Just look at the study i posted.
Do you know how much azadirachtin left in the seeds after extraction?
Neem cake is better than a single compound extraction. There are many more useful compounds in the cake. Triterpenes and all.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I personally use neem as my primary fertilizer source and I would bet you my entire mother room that my flowers wouldn’t fail a lab test for azadirachtin. Lots of misinformation on the topic of neem out there and it’s all being perpetuated by one company and now it’s seemed to spread as truth

I didnt say topdressing thats the problem number 1. I am not talking about a handful of neem scattered on the top soil. I am talking about good amount of neem cake worked into the soil. Relying mostly on neem as your fertilizer needs.
I am explaining myself and you are saying there are no research. I told you there are no research. Its logic. Its my claim.
One application of azadirachtin stays in the plant tissue for 20 days.
Two application of azadirachtin would probably be in the plant tissue for 40 days if the application has been done in 20 day intervals.
Now following the same logic, if you supply a constant source of neem, there will be azadirachtin in the plant tissue as long as there is azadiracthin in the rootzone.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I looked and I’m not seeing it .....
Who cares about a toxic douche :)
Do as you please. It clearly says in that study, the application of neem cake protects against mites and thrips, at least helps with it.
My logic is, for lack of a better word, “logical”, i dont have a lab at my disposal sooorry.

Last edited:
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Who cares about a toxic douche :)
Do as you please. It clearly says in that study, the application of neem cake protects against mites and thrips, at least helps with it.
My logic is sound, i dont have a lab at my disposal sooorry.

Because I questioned your statement , your mad and I’m a toxic douche ? LMAO.

I’m not debating that the meal has pest reducing properties because it does, it’s an added benefit. Claiming azadirachtin stays in the plant for x amount of days and assuming azadirachtin Is present in the leaf because some graph you found on a weed forum says so is great logic and how misinformation gets passed around.

What were the details of the study of that graph ? They could have been using a pure
azadirachtin extract which is where most people are failing lab tests but neem gets the bad wrap. Yet your throwing this logic around as it’s fact.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Because I questioned your statement , your mad and I’m a toxic douche ? LMAO.

I’m not debating that the meal has pest reducing properties because it does, it’s an added benefit. Claiming azadirachtin stays in the plant for x amount of days and assuming azadirachtin Is present in the leaf because some graph you found on a weed forum says so is great logic and how misinformation get started passed around.

What were the details of the study of that graph ? They could have been using a pure
azadirachtin extract which is where most people are failing lab tests but neem gets the bad wrap. Yet your throwing this logic around as it’s fact.
Hahhahha. This is from a study which i cannot get my hands on at the moment. There is clearly uptake of azadirachtin from the roots. I cannot conduct a big research so you can be pleased. If you have the time and money be my guest and share the results please.
Am i not making myself clear?
If there is azadirachtin in the soil, there will be azadirachtin in the plant.
It is taken in by the roots.
Goverment regulations and how much ug/g and all that bs, i dont care and dont have any means of providing those figures to you. You are not contributing to this conversation, just trying to dispute the ideas i presented. Which is undoubtedly your right but if you neglect or reject the studies i present to you, how is this an intelligent conversation.
The logic is there, you cant turn a blind eye to it. Go do your research then and prove that it doesnt stay in the plant tissue.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I have zero desire to argue and won’t argue , I’m only trying to have a intelligent discussion. Only one guy here mad and calling names
Yeah i am mad because this is not an intelligent discussion, you are not providing anything here. Not one study, nothing.
If you shared one measly study here that backs your idea, than ok, i would gladly debate and if i am wrong i can apologise for misleading.
But nothing.
This is what is toxic.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah i am mad because this is not an intelligent discussion, you are not providing anything here. Not one study, nothing.
If you shared one measly study here that backs your idea, than ok, i would gladly debate and if i am wrong i can apologise for misleading.
But nothing.
This is what is toxic.
Toochay! Very good point! The facts are the facts.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Toochay! Very good point! The facts are the facts.
Thank you!
This is what makes me crazy.
Not someone debunking my idea, my ideas could be false, my logic could be false but people rejecting the facts and studies.. while providing nothing to back their claims.
Then why am i doing this research to find studies for a person who couldnt give two shits about them.
Where is the intelligence in this debate.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I’m not debating that the meal has pest reducing properties because it does, it’s an added benefit.
They could have been using a pure
You are unintentionally agreeing with me.
I told at my post that if you can reach high concentrations in the soil then you may reach a protective concentration in the plant tissue..
As for statements an all that bullshit, i never made a statement.
I always said, “you may” or “it is possible”, which indicates clearly that this is a theory, if this was proven i would say, “you will“.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Thank you!
This is what makes me crazy.
Not someone debunking my idea, my ideas could be false, my logic could be false but people rejecting the facts and studies.. while providing nothing to back their claims.
Then why am i doing this research to find studies for a person who couldnt give two shits about them.
Where is the intelligence in this debate.

What studies back your claim ? Your claiming azadirachtin stays in the plant for 3-4 months, 20+ days in the leaf , show me where anything you posted proves that ? It doesn’t

Buildasoil , coot, Tad from KIS. There researching and providing studies proving this azadirachtin problem coming from neem cake isn’t true. There seeing it because people out there dong large grows and having flowers tested , tests are coming back negative for azadirachtin even after using neem cake exclusively over multiple cycles in no till soil.

Top Bottom