Spider Mite Reality

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

Hoping to hear from medium to large scale growers...
DISCLAIMER OF RESPECT:
1. I wouldn't spray in flower if my life depended on it. (Cool, I respect that.)
2. Prevention and Cleanliness dude, its that easy. (Cool, I respect that.)
3. You obviously only care about money. (Cool, I respect that.)

"I've never met anybody that would shit can a 10+ light crop in week 8 because they found a couple of the bastards" 3 balls

What I've seen is despicable and unscrupulous- forbid, floramite, etc. etc. in mid flower. I'm not talking about anything close to that. I would like to hear some honest realistic talk about not ideal, but reasonable solutions to prevent that sort of insanity that rightfully gives unregulated a bad name.

I'M NO SCIENTIST.
Would it be reasonable to suggest ???????????????? If between throwing it out or really nasty poison????????? Again I'm not talking small crops!

Azamax in early flower and heavily diluted Azamax in mid flower??????

Green Cleaner, Nuke Em, Norcal 86 or similar responsibly mixed and applied in late flower if you really had to??????

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I gave a link at my post but it is a link of a company so fuck it. I don’t advertise.
Never had to use anything for spider mites yet. Sprayed with biobizz leaf coat well into 3rd-4th week of flowering with no ill effect. It is supposed to help with mites too but it will cost much $$$ in a bigger grow op.
Neem is systemic, so i incorporate neem meal into soil. As it breaks down slowly it provides the same active ingredient in azamax.
Actually using azamax shouldn’t hurt in flowering too, at least it says so, on the msds of the product i believe.
Can you use it as a soil drench?

Edit; aslo looked at the label of green cleaner, it is soybeen oil 39%, sodium lauryl sulfate 19%, inert ingredients 42%. Seems pretty safe at any stage.

Last edited:
Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

DISCLAIMER OF RESPECT:
1. I wouldn't spray in flower if my life depended on it. (Cool, I respect that.)

"I've never met anybody that would shit can a 10+ light crop in week 8 because they found a couple of the bastards" 3 balls

What I've seen is despicable and unscrupulous- forbid, floramite, etc. etc. in mid flower. I'm not talking about anything close to that. I would like to hear some honest realistic talk about not ideal, but reasonable solutions to prevent that sort of insanity that rightfully gives unregulated a bad name.

I'M NO SCIENTIST.
Would it be reasonable to suggest ???????????????? If between throwing it out or really nasty poison????????? Again I'm not talking small crops!

Green Cleaner, Nuke Em, Norcal 86 or similar responsibly mixed and applied in late flower if you really had to??????
I mean they say you can drink Mighty Wash of ya had to live i guess lol. But i found it to be AWESOME for me.....Not readers here.
I sprayed lightly for 3 days 6 girls i sprayed beginging of Week 7, came down end of week eight....Shocked i diddnt notice anything, nor have seen another for 2 years so far.....Newbie here lmao, but i have a gallon now just incase those BASTARDS COME BACK.

Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

DISCLAIMER OF RESPECT:

I'M NO SCIENTIST.

Dont use azamax cause there is oil in it, during flower.....Just MO.

3 balls

3 balls

I gave a link at my post but it is a link of a company so fuck it. I don’t advertise.
Never had to use anything for spider mites yet. Sprayed with biobizz leaf coat well into 3rd-4th week of flowering with no ill effect. It is supposed to help with mites too but it will cost much $$$ in a bigger grow op.
Neem is systemic, so i incorporate neem meal into soil. As it breaks down slowly it provides the same active ingredient in azamax.
Actually using azamax shouldn’t hurt in flowering too, at least it says so, on the msds of the product i believe.
Can you use it as a soil drench?

Edit; aslo looked at the label of green cleaner, it is soybeen oil 39%, sodium lauryl sulfate 19%, inert ingredients 42%. Seems pretty safe at any stage.
Good stuff, thank you. I feel like Neem/Azamax/Azatrol are underutilized, probably too cheap so cant be any good right! I have decent luck with green cleaner in late flower, I talked to them at cannacon and they swear the bastards don't build immunity to it.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I don’t smoke plants that are sprayed with anything in flower. Your neem azamax green cleaner blah blah blah you can taste them all, causes neuseu headache no thanks.
https://coloradocannabistours.com/marijuana-legalization/cannabis-hyperemesis-syndrome-part-5/
Every dispensary in Colorado uses azamax in flower. It’s clear as day in concentrates, go to clean the rig and you get blasted with neem.
Yeah but the question is for a mid size operation. I am trying not to spray either. But sometimes you just need to i guess. I don’t spray neem onto buds too. As i told i incorporated it into the soil in cake or meal form. Since it is systemic, shouldn’t azamax also work as a soil drench?

I am not saying spray it as you please. My standards are higher than goverment regulations too, as it should be, but it also a cash crop for some people and in that case neem or any other organic pesticide is the safer option imho.

Edit; i think there are only instructions about azamax soil drench as a pesticide effective against soil borne pests. I think it is because it would take a bigger dose and longer time to reach the desired concentrations on the plant tissue for spider mites and all those suckers.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
992A3F58 BE2C 416B 9635 542D4B7CAE3C

As i suspected, it mostly accumulates in the root tissue with soil drench. Tho it also gets to a certain concentration on the foliage and stems, it would take a bigger application to get the full benefits. Also it reaches the maximum concentration in 10 days with soil drenching. This is just for azadirachtin-a, one of the many different compounds in the neem oil. It also seems like azadirachtin-a lingers for quite some time in the plant tissue.
So possibly a heavy soil drench (if you don’t want to spray as i) in flowering, in theory, could provide at least 20 days of protection.
Still incorporating neem meal into soil would be better and cheaper. Eventho they have been processed to remove the essential oils, there are still a very good amount of oil and azadirachtin left in the seeds after the process. Also it is a nitrogen rich fertilizer and a repellent for and protective against many pests.

Last edited:
Indoornewbe

Indoornewbe

View attachment 839242
As i suspected, it mostly accumulates in the root tissue with soil drench. Tho it also gets to a certain concentration on the foliage and stems, it would take a bigger application to get the full benefits. Also it reaches the maximum concentration in 10 days with soil drenching. This is just for azadirachtin-a, one of the many different compounds in the neem oil. It also seems like azadirachtin-a lingers for quite some time in the plant tissue.
So possibly a heavy soil drench (if you don’t want to spray as i) in flowering, in theory, could provide at least 20 days of protection.
Still incorporating neem meal into soil would be better and cheaper. Eventho they have been processed to remove the essential oils, there are still a very good amount of oil and azadirachtin left in the seeds after the process. Also it is a nitrogen rich fertilizer and a repellent for and protective against many pests.
Thanks for the lesson.

3 balls

3 balls

View attachment 839242
Copy that. Thanks again for the input and research. If I had to bet on it, as long as it will pass inspection these giant weed factories are hosing them down. I always stay ahead of the bastards the best I can, so if at all, I'm light misting with 10% recommended strength up to week 6.

Obviously zero spray in flower should be the goal. The point of the thread was that the constant bad mouthing of any and all spraying is, has, and will steer the desperate newbie youngster that was counting on the $ for tuition, rent etc. to say to hell with it and buy the strongest can of anthrax fogger on the shelf.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I feel like Neem/Azamax/Azatrol are underutilized

Well Azatrol is not used since it tested positive for a bunch of chems that weren't on the label and OR pulled it completely. Hence prob why it worked. Not sure if that's still the case.

"found the presence of the pesticide active ingredients permethrin, bifenthrin, cypermethrin, cyfluthrin, and chlorpyrifos" The debate was if that was contaimination from the source of the Neem or added by them. Never heard since I'm not in the commercial industry anymore.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/CannabisPesticideAdvisories/Azatrol.pdf

Same thing with Evergreen because they found piperonyl butoxide in it.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/2018Advisories/Evergreen.pdf

3 balls

3 balls

Well Azatrol is not used since it tested positive for a bunch of chems that weren't on the label and OR pulled it completely. Hence prob why it worked. Not sure if that's still the case.

"found the presence of the pesticide active ingredients permethrin, bifenthrin, cypermethrin, cyfluthrin, and chlorpyrifos" The debate was if that was contaimination from the source of the Neem or added by them. Never heard since I'm not in the commercial industry anymore.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/CannabisPesticideAdvisories/Azatrol.pdf

Same thing with Evergreen because they found piperonyl butoxide in it.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/programs/Pesticides/Documents/2018Advisories/Evergreen.pdf
Thank you for the update. It's been years since I've used Azatrol, I included it because I felt it was in the Neem family thus one of the more responsible options.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Ive had great results with mighty wash & forbid separately. Never had to spray in flower, they did the job from the last week of veg til harvest, not a single bug survived (as far as I could tell) when I had em & I havent had an issue since. If it's a mid size grow & you have employees who associate with other growers that's prob how your getting them. Once i shrunk my grow friends circle bugs quit being a problem, I havent had to spray anything in a few years now.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
So I’ve had in the past several bouts with spider mites and most recently thrips. Had it all under control until I moved to the country. I’ve been using a habenaro spray but it’s been a pain in the ass to make and spray. The shits like mace to you and me and makes spider mites implode (got to be a horrible death) basterds. So I started a thread for this but I can’t fucking find it. About a month or month 1/2 ago I decided to experiment with diatomaceous earth. I mixed 1/2 cup Dia. To a gallon of water. Put it in a regular sprayer and dialed the tip down to as fine as it would spray. Sprayed all mothers, veging and small clones with it let it dry and left it on. I have not seen one live mite or threp since I sprayed. Lots of dead ones though. You’ll see in the video the plants closest to the fan pretty much do not have any noticeable Dia. On them because the fan has slowly blown Dia. Off the leaves. I actually removed Dia. From 3 plants that had the worst infestation with plain water to inspect mite life (2 weeks after originally spraying). Not one live mite or threp to be had. I no what some are thinking “how will it effect growth”. Well it’s been over a month and I have seen no effect in any growth at any stage of the plants. I’m planning on refining the process, I’m thinking a automotive paint sprayer will do a finer covering so I don’t get the heavy white drips of Dia. If you decide to try this you have to use food grade Dia. And shake the sprayer constantly while spraying.

Dbear180

Dbear180

So I’ve had in the past several bouts with spider mites and most recently thrips. Had it all under control until I moved to the country. I’ve been using a habenaro spray but it’s been a pain in the ass to make and spray. The shits like mace to you and me and makes spider mites implode (got to be a horrible death) basterds. So I started a thread for this but I can’t fucking find it. About a month or month 1/2 ago I decided to experiment with diatomaceous earth. I mixed 1/2 cup Dia. To a gallon of water. Put it in a regular sprayer and dialed the tip down to as fine as it would spray. Sprayed all mothers, veging and small clones with it let it dry and left it on. I have not seen one live mite or threp since I sprayed. Lots of dead ones though. You’ll see in the video the plants closest to the fan pretty much do not have any noticeable Dia. On them because the fan has slowly blown Dia. Off the leaves. I actually removed Dia. From 3 plants that had the worst infestation with plain water to inspect mite life (2 weeks after originally spraying). Not one live mite or threp to be had. I no what some are thinking “how will it effect growth”. Well it’s been over a month and I have seen no effect in any growth at any stage of the plants. I’m planning on refining the process, I’m thinking a automotive paint sprayer will do a finer covering so I don’t get the heavy white drips of Dia. If you decide to try this you have to use food grade Dia. And shake the sprayer constantly while spraying.

This bad boy sprays from a mean jet to a super fine mist. Not as fine as my iwata paint guns but I cant see myself using a $400 gun I use at work for this lol. I think it was only like $20.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Harbor freight special $30 for a cheap Chinese auto spray gun.

Yeah I guess for this application it would work being that it's just water & DE. I wont use them at work except for primer & even then they dont spray very uniform, pressure is all over the place with trigger pull, fan is garbage, you def get what you pay for lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom