Spider mites, 30+ days in with 30+ days left

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

What's the consensus here... spray with a strong pesticide that has a 30 day lifespan, or go with some organic alternative?

First time w/spidermites

edit: and trust me, they're def spider mites

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
4th week.. spray the shit out of them with sns or mighty wash and let it ride after that. hang your plants when you harvest and position fans underneath them and any leftover mites will crawl up to the trunk where you can wipe them off daily through the drying process.

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I had a spider mite problem just last week, Im in my 6th week of flowering. I searched the forums and found folks saying good things about Might Wash. I went and picked some up, the guy said you can use this up to harvest,its some kind of supercharged water. It doesnt cost much, about $16 for enough to fill a spray bottle. It worked well for me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Since I still don't know what MW is (sorry, charged water sounds like holy water to me, and I'll take the holy water), but I've had good results using isopropyl alcohol cut 1:1 with water (you can go higher if necessary) applied every 3 days for 2 weeks.

An aside to Capulator's mention of the fan, this is similar to something my son showed me. I call it
Blowing Fan
Green Bamboo
Basically the idea is the same as Cap's--the mites don't like unstable plants. So put a stick of green bamboo in the pot so it's touching the plant, point the fan onto it, the mites migrate onto the bamboo and from there they're removed.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Since I still don't know what MW is (sorry, charged water sounds like holy water to me, and I'll take the holy water), but I've had good results using isopropyl alcohol cut 1:1 with water (you can go higher if necessary) applied every 3 days for 2 weeks.

An aside to Capulator's mention of the fan, this is similar to something my son showed me. I call it
Blowing Fan
Green Bamboo
Basically the idea is the same as Cap's--the mites don't like unstable plants. So put a stick of green bamboo in the pot so it's touching the plant, point the fan onto it, the mites migrate onto the bamboo and from there they're removed.

Interesting SM, you've had good success with the Alcohol?

Pancho-N-Lefty

Pancho-N-Lefty

Id follow Cap & Seamaiden's lead and hope for the best. I hope u can outrun those bastards.
You are to far in to flower for harsh chems IMO. I wouldnt be able to offer that as a viable product to anyone.
GL against the Borg!

PnL

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

add a band of tanglefoot spread around stems or stakes in above advice. shopvac with diy tube attachment big enough to slide over each cola/branch during harvest. get humidity as high as reasonable without risking mold.

symbiote420

symbiote420

You think like me El!! I use the Tanglefoot during harvest, as the plants hang upside down the mites migrate to the top where they meet their demise! Recently I've started spreading it on yellow or blue cardboard to catch any soil crawlers or gnats ....works great and cheaper than buying sticky cards from the store!

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

something with 1.2% Azadirachtin works for me. concentration depending on infestation level and stage of plant.
spray leaves only, concentrate on undersides

just dont use something meant for ornamentals imo cause you 30 days unless your ruthless ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting SM, you've had good success with the Alcohol?
Yep. Does not melt trichomes (if you don't believe me, try spraying it on some finished buds, then let them dry, tell me what you see). MUST be applied every three days. Sometimes you can go with the 1:1 mix, other times I've had to make it stronger, more like 2:1 alcohol:water. Leaves no residue, no scent, no flavor, just evaporates off.

However, since it's not a once & done deal, many folks don't like to mess with it.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Mighty Wash appears to work and is cheap. I think they are pushing the altered water thing so they don't need to tell us what the margenal stuff they put in it. If that don't work for you than Azamax is excellent and so is Avid. I use Avid and have for years it works well for me when I need it which is once ever 2 to 3 years.

AzaMax

Botanical Insecticide, Miticide, and Nematicide

AzaMax is a natural product with a broad spectrum of pest control and broad plant applications. AzaMax is made from special Azadirachtin Technical extracted using patented extraction technology from Neem, a tree known for it’s innumerable benefits. AzaMax contains Azadirachtin A&B as active ingredients and more than 100 limonoids from it’s special technology. The special feature of AzaMax is that it does not use hard chemical solvents and uses food grade formulation ingredients. AzaMax is licensed in all 50 states.
AzaMax is an antifeedant and insect growth regulator and controls pests through starvation and growth disruption. AzaMax effectively controls spider mites, thrips, fungus gnats, aphids, whiteflies, leaf miners, worms, beetles, leafhoppers, scales, mealy bugs, nematodes and other soil borne pests. Best of all, AzaMax can be applied up to the time or day of harvest. The product is exempted from residue tolerance, thus there is no harmful residue on veggies, fruits, herbs and flowers etc. Truly, AzaMax is a product of Nature in tune with Technology.
Lable and directions

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
I would pluck as many infected leaves as I could and use that Mighty Wash! Wait about 4 or 5 days and hit them again. Make sure to get under the leaves and all stems. Then you can just hit them with water to wash them off after 5 days or so. Mites are sneaky so keep an eye out for them in future crops. I use it in my regimen as a preventive through the first 4 weeks and my room is mite free finally!

Top Bottom