Spider Mites, Day 30

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

I am not sure if this is in the right section, but I am starting to see spider mites in a few places on my plants. Plants are day 30 out of 60. What is an organic or non-harmful spray that I can spray on my plants to get rid of the bastards..

Thanks
DM

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am not sure if this is in the right section, but I am starting to see spider mites in a few places on my plants. Plants are day 30 out of 60. What is an organic or non-harmful spray that I can spray on my plants to get rid of the bastards..

Thanks
DM
Isopropyl alcohol applied every three days to saturation, for a period of at least two weeks. Make it your new religion. You can dilute 1:1 water:alcohol and it will be effective. Be sure to get around the pots and surrounding areas, but also be sure not to saturate the soil with it. It will not melt the trichomes, nor will it cause resistance, nor will it leave any kind of residue.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

I have tried kapow in the past for broad mites and it worked extremely well. Mighty wash was never very successful for me. Used it once, and then again 4 days later, and I saw no improvement. I am going to give your recipe a try @Seamaiden. Seems very questionable lol but I am sure you know what you are talking about. Would never think to spray isopropyl on my plants, knowing what it does to the res in my bong lol. But I will give it a whirl and let you know the end results in a week or two. 99% isopropyl??

Thanks everyone
DM

G gnome

G gnome

Isopropyl alcohol applied every three days to saturation, for a period of at least two weeks. Make it your new religion. You can dilute 1:1 water:alcohol and it will be effective. Be sure to get around the pots and surrounding areas, but also be sure not to saturate the soil with it. It will not melt the trichomes, nor will it cause resistance, nor will it leave any kind of residue.
Is that 1 to 1 for 70% or is it not that critical?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have not found the difference to be critical. What's really important is being thorough and doing it EVERY THREE DAYS for a full two weeks or until you see eradication.
I have tried kapow in the past for broad mites and it worked extremely well. Mighty wash was never very successful for me. Used it once, and then again 4 days later, and I saw no improvement. I am going to give your recipe a try @Seamaiden. Seems very questionable lol but I am sure you know what you are talking about. Would never think to spray isopropyl on my plants, knowing what it does to the res in my bong lol. But I will give it a whirl and let you know the end results in a week or two. 99% isopropyl??

Thanks everyone
DM
If you've got it, go for it. At that strength I'd say definitely stretch it out and dilute at least 1:1 with water.

If you were earlier in flower, I'd suggest using something like JMS Stylets oil, but it can leave a residue. Not to mention if it's not kept mixed, in my experience, it can burn the living shit outta your plants. I've never had a problem with the iso other than when I bought a couple gallons at the local Tractor Supply and they made me fill out a fucking form to buy it. I'm back to quartin'.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Many times to knock down numbers..don't spray on plants and j won't use in flower. The iso burned my hairs and my plants didn't like it. I Use NEEM into flower A few weeks. It works great. Then sierra naturals or mighty wash.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

Nukem is working in rotation with Mighty Wash. And as has been said... one needs to be consistent and use something every third day in order to interrupt their cycle for 12 -14 days.
Nukem is cost effective in that you can make multi gallon batches and dunk whole plants.

SensiNatty

SensiNatty

Seamaiden, you're always telling people to use Iso. I prefer moonshine ;) Good to see you on here! For those of you who don't already know, Ms. Maiden knows her shit!!

SensiNatty

SensiNatty

Also, I agree with Bull Trout. I completely crushed spider mites with a Nuke Em dunk, followed by a couple of weeks of Nuke Em sprays. 12 months later, still mite free!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Seamaiden, you're always telling people to use Iso. I prefer moonshine ;) Good to see you on here! For those of you who don't already know, Ms. Maiden knows her shit!!
Hello! Have you opened up an introduction thread? Moonshine works!

philbu

philbu

I know this thread is a few months old, but has anyone tried this? Not specifically for flower phase, either or.

Doktor Doom 3-Ounce Total Release Fogger, Mini

I've used it, great as a knock-down, but only used it once, as a first hit, then rotated back and forth through Azamax and SM-90, all use different ingredients. Using more than one product has been suggested based on studies that show the borg can build a resistance to miticides during a field season. (http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r114400111.html)
Similar to Seamaiden's alcohol regimen, best every 3-7 days, depending on how serious the infestation, for a couple weeks.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Resistance is generally caused by single site mode of action miticides, EG Floramite, Forbid, Avid. Azamax, as babaG taught me, is one product SMs are proven not to develop resistance to. I do also use plant essential oils, but sparingly, as I haven't really dug into any research that might link over-reliance and resistance in mites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom