spider mites! ;-; help me pls

• Thread starter Alpaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alpaca

Alpaca

Apparently these cunts are hiding on my fan leaves

Spider mites   help me pls

I'm well in flower, week 7, and I don't know what to do. Should I do a pretty heavy defoliation or just literally check every leaf?

I've had spider mites once before and it was hell. My grow room is well ventilated and temps are low

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

I used a solution of 9 parts water to 1 part 90% rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. My plants were/are in veg when I sprayed the leaves.

I have NO idea if it is safe for flowering application.

Alpaca

Alpaca

I used a solution of 9 parts water to 1 part 90% rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. My plants were/are in veg when I sprayed the leaves.

I have NO idea if it is safe for flowering application.
Probably not, like most solutions. I was very early it seems. I found like 6 spread over multiple leaves. Any leaf I found with unidentifieble specs on the bottom has been dumpstered. I hope I can keep them at bay till harvest because I really don't want to nuke my buds so close to harvest

kaka

kaka

Supporter
Probably not, like most solutions. I was very early it seems. I found like 6 spread over multiple leaves. Any leaf I found with unidentifieble specs on the bottom has been dumpstered. I hope I can keep them at bay till harvest because I really don't want to nuke my buds so close to harvest

pure crop 1. completely safe to spray.
either way you'll be puffing on some bugs.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey I hear you. I've been there. A few things I got from here. You can vacuum them off.....I couldn't manage not to suck the bud into the vacuum cleaner.....
I sprayed them off with cold water and my hand pump pressure washer..in my garage and let dry with a fan before returning them.....it knocked them down but they come back.
That close to harvest all you can do is try and keep their numbers down and wash your bud after harvesting....
Once a washer always a washer as far as I'm concerned... I wash my buds now bugs or no bugs the debris that comes off them is gross and it smooths out the smoke. You can Google for video's on it. You don't have to nuke it. Washing removes bugs, their shit, eggs, powdery mildew, and more....
3 - 5 gallon buckets with cold water 3/4 full
1 - 500lm peroxide..... dip shake stir ...shake off
2 - 1 squeeze lemon + 1 cup baking soda mixed into water a bit warmer than the other 2 dip shake stir...shake off
3 - cold water dip, shake ,stir. shake off..
...hang to dry with an osculating fan for 2 hrs or until dry to touch then shut off fan and hang to dry normally.

Alpaca

Alpaca

pure crop 1. completely safe to spray.
either way you'll be puffing on some bugs.
I dont really have access to much at the moment unfortunately, so ill check that out for my next grow. So far i have not seen any sign of mites near budsites, only near the vent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom