Spider Mites In Flower. Your Thoughts Please..

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I looked into the lady bug option. Unfortunately, the shipping time was an issue. They wouldn't be here for a week or two and I want to stop them now, or as close to now as I can get. Not 10-14 days from now and I don't think I can source them locally. So I have 2oz of Green Cleaner coming on Monday. From my understanding you can use this in flower, even on Cannabis. I'm planning on mixing it 1oz to a gallon of water, ph, then spray the whole plant. Is that a good plan? Thanks again guys.

Hey usually sell lady bugs at your local hydro store at least all the ones in my area in So Cal do

the rrock

the rrock

In my experiences ladybugs are a joke,unless your inside with optimal conditions,I havent had mites in almost 5 years.Hopefully the ladybugs work for you,with me they pretty much all flew away.Looks like youve got plenty of mites for them to eat so hopefully they do theyre job for you..I used to spray avid and floramite bi weekly in veg if I needed it or not and finally they just never came back

R

redlife215

I agree, the ladybugs will not work. I believe they eat like 2 to 5 adults and like 3 eggs a day so even if tgey didnt all fly away tgey wont fix an infestation

stonestacker

stonestacker

Thanks guys. I'm still waiting for a return email from the predatory mite site. If they are not that expensive, I will go that route too.
You are worrying about price? Really to save my crop money is no object...

R

redlife215

Why go on a forum to ask questions if ur not ginna listen to the answer

lino

lino

okay, this will work.
If no resin or very little resin production, power wash the fuk out of them, be mean. got glands be kinda mean.
day 1, -spray them , very thick plant fat spray, 2 oz per 1/2 gal of water.
day 2 -lite fog, humidity
day 3 - .5 oz of neem per gal, i drop of orange or blu antiFungal, oxygen cleaning action dish soap 4 drops .
day 4 - The next eggs will hatch.
Day 5 - If no resin or very little resin production, power wash the fuk out of them, be mean. glands be kinda mean.
day 6 - power wash the fuk out of them, be mean. if there glands be kinda mean. Spray with AzMax
day 7 - spray them , plant fat spray, 1 oz per 1/2 gal of water.
day 8 - power wash the fuk out of them, be mean. if there glands be kinda mean.
day 9 - power wash the fuk out of them, be mean. if there glands be kinda mean.

This will be 1, 2 and mostly 3 life cycles for many mites. This will have disrupted the breeding cycle enough to almost eliminate them.
day 10 - power wash the fuk out of them, be mean. if they have glands be kinda mean.
day 11 - mosquito dunks, fish poop, cow poop, bat poop, compost, all the Bt you can find. if you can afford cap's Bts add some. 5 gal bucket and a fish tank air pump, bubble no more than 12 - 18 hrs. Filter cheese cloth and screens. Filter again until it can go thru a sprayer. Important - Dilute! 5 to 1 part water. Spray plants,
day 12 - important - less than 24 hours from Bt spray , orange or blu antiFungal, oxygen cleaning dish soap 4 drops /gal
day 13 - Coca cola 1 part and 1 part water and 2 -4 drops of Everclear and antiFungal oxygen cleaning dish soap 4 drops /gal. While wet add thirsty, dehydrated ladybugs , they need to be thirsty but healthy. Be careful at this point, this makes for a PM rich environment on the leaves.
day 14 - sprinkle with water for the next wk to rinse the plants in the morning, lots of air flow to dry them.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Why go on a forum to ask questions if ur not ginna listen to the answer
I already told you why. Plus, I would be an idiot if I did everything everyone recommended. I appreciate your input. But please don't take it personally if I don't do what you suggest. I came to the forum for ideas, not for someone on the internet to tell me how to grow. I will evaluate the available information and then decide on a course of action. Not before smoking a bowl though, first things first.

Enforcer

Enforcer

This looks like the ingredients a lot recommended for a spray. Water, Oils, Soap, Alcohol. It also has some Epsom salt.

Corn Oil (Non GMO) ...........15%
Soybean Oil (Non GMO) .........15%
Water, Soapbark, lsopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate .......... ..70%

Enforcer

Enforcer

Sprayed with 15ml per gal of Green Cleaner in a pump sprayer. As the mites are mostly on the lower leaves, I used the wand and took my time. Covering each leaf with my free hand in such a way as to not spray too much on the buds. I soaked each leaf from the underside. Within 5 minutes the plants were dry (very nice). I scoped a few leaves on each plant and I tell you what boys...those mites are dead. The stuff smells a little like rubbing alcohol in it's concentrated form. But there is almost no smell at the above dilution. I'll do it again tomorrow as I need to directly spray the mites. Some may have been hiding in a nook and/or cranny and survived the first round. Honestly, after seeing this stuff mixed up and working, I'm not worried about smoking my harvest at all.

More pics, they were all taken today at the same time. Some w/flash on. After a feeding and the spray. Thank you again everyone for your suggestions.

IMG 0183
IMG 0184
IMG 0185
IMG 0186
IMG 0188
IMG 0189
IMG 0191
whitebob

whitebob

i chopped one of my girls down last night she was probably only a couple weeks away from done but fund loads of mites on her.. was treating one in the veg room hoping they wouldn't get to the flower room.. but they did.... looks like they only attacked one of them thankfully so chopped it and removed it hoping I've taken most of the population with her... got two girls need to finish then i can do a wash down in the room.. whilst keeping treating the new additions to the flower room... hard when your running perpetual to get chance to nuke the bloody room..:D
I'm using iso wash and under counter systemic from the hydro store...

Enforcer

Enforcer

i chopped one of my girls down last night she was probably only a couple weeks away from done but fund loads of mites on her.. was treating one in the veg room hoping they wouldn't get to the flower room.. but they did.... looks like they only attacked one of them thankfully so chopped it and removed it hoping I've taken most of the population with her... got two girls need to finish then i can do a wash down in the room.. whilst keeping treating the new additions to the flower room... hard when your running perpetual to get chance to nuke the bloody room..:D
I'm using iso wash and under counter systemic from the hydro store...

Sorry to hear that man. At least it was only one. So far the mites are only on my outdoor plants. My indoor is still mite free. I'm going to wash the tent down at the end of the run anyway though, just to be sure.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I sprayed again yesterday and scoped the plant today. I still have a few mites, but they are hatchlings. All the adults are dead, I see a ton of dried mite bodies. I'm going to wait a few more days and hit them again. Still waiting for a return email from the predatory mite site. Doesn't matter though, can't buy anything until the 20th anyways. I'll call them and just talk to them when I order. Until then the Green Cleaner should keep their numbers down.

I do have one question though. Will the mite damaged leaves recover, or should I just pulll them?

Colin21

Colin21

Just did lady bugs myself, I had a couple of spider mite sites so i let them loose. I had a friend tell me that if you put a water dish close to where you let them out at they'll end up staying around and that was very true. I guesd they are dehydrated. I got them all of the canopy hopefully doing all they can do.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Give it time and predators will feast on them. It's actually rare to have a big mite problem outdoors for extended periods. Depending on where you live, night will start getting colder and predators will want to fill up before it gets to cold.

Enforcer

Enforcer

It's been in the low 60's hi 50's for the last week or so, and the rain hit, but I have them covered. The cool temps really slowed the mites down.

Top Bottom