Spider Mites In Flower. Your Thoughts Please..

• Thread starter Enforcer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey all

The situation is, my outdoor plants are in (what I estimate) the 5th week of flower. However, that may be wrong as this is my first run. I have had a spider mite issue the entire grow. Not bad, I've been keeping them under control by treating my plants with Azamax, with the last foliar spray on 8/14. Well there are back. I know it's not a good idea to spray anything this far into flower, so I hung some ladybug lures.

My question is, should I just let the lures and the mites go at each other and hope I make it 3 more weeks, or hit them with Azamax again? The pictures were taken today. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Spider mites in flower your thoughts please
Spider mites in flower your thoughts please 2
Spider mites in flower your thoughts please 3
Spider mites in flower your thoughts please 4
Junk

Junk

I would go full bore on the ladybugs and skip the spray. Make sure you have enough ladybugs. You're outside, they'll do what they need and fly away.

Fwiw, that plant looks about 27 days to me so it's starting it's 5th week. Your estimate looks about accurate.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I looked into the lady bug option. Unfortunately, the shipping time was an issue. They wouldn't be here for a week or two and I want to stop them now, or as close to now as I can get. Not 10-14 days from now and I don't think I can source them locally. So I have 2oz of Green Cleaner coming on Monday. From my understanding you can use this in flower, even on Cannabis. I'm planning on mixing it 1oz to a gallon of water, ph, then spray the whole plant. Is that a good plan? Thanks again guys.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I looked into the lady bug option. Unfortunately, the shipping time was an issue. They wouldn't be here for a week or two and I want to stop them now, or as close to now as I can get. Not 10-14 days from now and I don't think I can source them locally. So I have 2oz of Green Cleaner coming on Monday. From my understanding you can use this in flower, even on Cannabis. I would appreciate anyone's experience with Green Cleaner in late flower. Thanks again.
I have none. 2 Friends swear by it I don't smoke their weed. Sorry.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
If all you want to do is extracts or edibles, But I would refrain from spraying anymore this deep in flower especially if folks are gonna toke it. Combusting some residual compounds can make you very sick.

Load up on the natural bio controls. Most good grow shops hydro stores carry lady bugs in stock and as someone mentioned think it was 6 that some predator mites will help. Either way you are sort of screwed as your end yield will suffer by the time you get it under control. Not being negative just being real....... Just my thoughts.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I looked the MSDS sheet up on it and it really is nothing bad. You could probably take a swig of it and it wouldn't hurt you. I also have an email in to the predatory mite website so they can recommend the perfect mite for my situation. For application after the Green Cleaner has killed most of the mites and eggs. Then....victory will be mine.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I looked the MSDS sheet up on it and it really is nothing bad. You could probably take a swig of it and it wouldn't hurt you. I also have an email in to the predatory mite website so they can recommend the perfect mite for my situation. For application after the Green Cleaner has killed most of the mites and eggs. Then....victory will be mine.
Will that victory be before or after you take a swig of that stuff. I sure the heck wouldnt. Hopefully you were just kidding. :)

Enforcer

Enforcer

If all you want to do is extracts or edibles, But I would refrain from spraying anymore this deep in flower especially if folks are gonna toke it. Combusting some residual compounds can make you very sick.

Load up on the natural bio controls. Most good grow shops hydro stores carry lady bugs in stock and as someone mentioned think it was 6 that some predator mites will help. Either way you are sort of screwed as your end yield will suffer by the time you get it under control. Not being negative just being real....... Just my thoughts.

Sorry, I was tapping out the last post and didn't see you had posted. Yes, I plan to smoke it. No, your not being negative. I already assumed my yield would suffer. I sprayed these plants every two weeks with Azamax throughout veg. The last spray was less than a month ago as they entered flower. I thought the mites were under control.

Yes, I was kidding about the swig. :)

R

redlife215

Man u gitta hit em every 2 ti 3 days soak em with azamax, akso get some nuke em or exterminator and cycke soray em. Ladtbugs woukdnt work a yway and ur not too far unto fkower to spray u still got an easy 4 weeks left but act fast man thsoe mites grow stronger by the day and will kill ur pkant uf left untreated

Enforcer

Enforcer

For the moment I have misted the effected areas of the plants with plan water. I tried to avoid the buds. Thankfully, once I got in there I saw that it wasn't that bad yet. Just a few leaves here and there, which I removed. I also read they don't like wind. I have the ability to place an oscillating pedestal fan outside next to the plants to make some gentle wind, so I did. Might even make the buds fatter. Since the plant will put more energy into the buds that get better air flow. Fingers crossed.

P.S. Man, that Gorilla Glue plant is sticky!!

R

redlife215

I promise u that u will regret not aggresively spraying em. Tge buds will be fine. The buds will not be fine when the mites eggs hatcg and they start multiplying

Enforcer

Enforcer

I promise u that u will regret not aggresively spraying em. Tge buds will be fine. The buds will not be fine when the mites eggs hatcg and they start multiplying

I'm not disagreeing with you. There is just too many people saying not to spray that stuff this far into flower to ignore.

Junk

Junk

I'm not disagreeing with you. There is just too many people saying not to spray that stuff this far into flower to ignore.
I don't know anything about green cleaner, but flying skull nuke'em worked for me with spider mites. Here is there q/a page.

http://www.flyingskull.net/Flying-Skull-Nuke-Em-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html#38

I'm not advocating you use it...but you are in a no win situation. W/o predatory insects your screwed either way. I like the product, you will have to decide if you want it on your plants at this stage. Maybe the above faq will help.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I'm with redlife on this one, you have 4 weeks left, spray hard, then again 2-3 days later only at night especially the bottoms of leaves, don't saturate the buds as much as the stems and leaves. Put fans on in between and give a cool water rinse after all that stuff. I wouldn't drink it, but if you don't want to go the botanical or pred mite way. I wouldn't drink most the stuff I give my plant tho either.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Thanks guys. I'm still waiting for a return email from the predatory mite site. If they are not that expensive, I will go that route too.

sixstring

sixstring

if your on instagram you can send them a dm at @biotactics and they are pretty good at getting back with you.but i just picked up the phone and called the number on their website.it was a saturday and he called me back in about 45 minutes.very knowledgable dude.they have dif types of bugs for dif types of growing enviros.my rooms are hot n dry 78f and 40% rh and he gave me bugs that would live well in that enviro.prices compare to a bottle of azamax ect.gl

Junk

Junk

Thanks guys. I'm still waiting for a return email from the predatory mite site. If they are not that expensive, I will go that route too.
I would be getting the lb's and predatory mites no matter what. If I were you, I would go ballistic with the predatory stuff and try to avoid spraying with chemical. Imo, the predators are your primary solution.

What you should be deciding is if you need/want to treat with a spray until the predators arrive....not whether you are going to get them. Go nuclear with the predators and you might escape relatively unscathed. ...Or you might not, but your other options guarantee you won't escape unscathed, so I would take my chances. The predators are a good bet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom