Spider mites or regular spiders?

• Thread starter anaissoto21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
anaissoto21

anaissoto21

Found this one web on one of my plants. But there are no other signs of spider mite damage. No discoloration, no little tiny dots. And no other webs. I’ve had spider mites before and I stopped the infestation before getting webs. This time I’m not so sure. Do these look like spider mite webs or could they be a regular spider web?

Either way I threw out the affected leaves and treated all plants with neem oil spray and sprinkled diatomaceous earth in the soil.

Spider mites or regular spiders
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Could be a spider, could also be a caterpillar of some sort.

Keep checking. If it's something to worry about, you'll eventually find damage.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Found this one web on one of my plants. But there are no other signs of spider mite damage. No discoloration, no little tiny dots. And no other webs. I’ve had spider mites before and I stopped the infestation before getting webs. This time I’m not so sure. Do these look like spider mite webs or could they be a regular spider web?

Either way I threw out the affected leaves and treated all plants with neem oil spray and sprinkled diatomaceous earth in the soil.
If you have webs from spider mites you'll see the mites and damage done.....They don't grow webs until they're way out of control....I think you have a spider web there....not mites

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I haven't personally dealt with spider mites, but I've had to deal with a bunch of actual spiders in my mother tent recently.

And that's an actual spider's web. The one thing I did learn is if you have an actual spider in there, there's likely other things crawling around attracting the spider.

Top Bottom