Spider Mites week six of flowering

• Thread starter ThickBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThickBudz

ThickBudz

My first true organic grow. 6 weeks into flowering and I notice the dreaded speckled leaf. I cut it, scoped the bottom and there they were, a couple spider mites and some eggs. Grabbed a couple fan leaves from plant next to it and a couple more. Checking other plants there were none on a few leaves checked.I decided to cut my losses and take down the three where I found the mites. I was feeling pretty good, I pulled several leaves was thinking I got them and Bamm, another mite. Three plants left in the tent and I'm pretty certain this is a minimal infestation. Because I know it doesn't take long for things to go sideways, any suggestions on anything new to treat mites this late in flower. Prior to this I had a long battle with fungus gnats, what a nightmare. Was a really bad infestation in one fabric pot that jacked up everything. I ended up using AZAMAX, GNATROL WDG & Yellow stickys to finally get them under control. I'll see one every now and then but that's it.

Kind of thought that the living soil was going to be easy, less stressful way yo go. It's going to take a few grows to get good at that.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks guys,

Bob, aka Bud Frosty

T

TryingToGrow

Supporter
Week 6 of flower I think is really bad. I haven’t had the problem but the best solution I have heard is citric acid foliage spray/drench. It may just be the low pH that gets them and that’s what I’m banking on so I would spray the plants with that from a nice sprayer that gets everything good , let it sit then rinse after a while or just do that a couple times.

I have mites where I am and I just foliage spray heavy with water till the plants start making crystals. Also organic and healthy as possible plants, mites don’t like healthy/high brix plants.

for fungus nats, lower ph

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

There's a pre-mixed oil/soap product called "Plant Therapy," smells like peppermint. It was recommended to me from a long time grower friend, she has successfully used it to battle mites even until the last few days of flower with no change to the flavor of the herb. I'm currently using it on my plants, also week 6 of flower, to fight a very persistent powdery mildew that came on my clones. I fed them neem too. Spraying neem this late would make your buds stink but you can feed it to them and they'll absorb it though the roots, it'll help.

ThickBudz

ThickBudz

Week 6 of flower I think is really bad. I haven’t had the problem but the best solution I have heard is citric acid foliage spray/drench. It may just be the low pH that gets them and that’s what I’m banking on so I would spray the plants with that from a nice sprayer that gets everything good , let it sit then rinse after a while or just do that a couple times.

I have mites where I am and I just foliage spray heavy with water till the plants start making crystals. Also organic and healthy as possible plants, mites don’t like healthy/high brix plants.

for fungus nats, lower ph

There's a pre-mixed oil/soap product called "Plant Therapy," smells like peppermint. It was recommended to me from a long time grower friend, she has successfully used it to battle mites even until the last few days of flower with no change to the flavor of the herb. I'm currently using it on my plants, also week 6 of flower, to fight a very persistent powdery mildew that came on my clones. I fed them neem too. Spraying neem this late would make your buds stink but you can feed it to them and they'll absorb it though the roots, it'll help.
After I pulled the three plant I trimmed all the fan leaves that were closest to the infected plants. I must have got lucky.. I did spray heavy with water underneath the fan leaves but it's been a week and I'm not seeing anything. Thanks for the tips guy, this is a great community and appreciate the support. Cheers..

Top Bottom