spider mites

• Thread starter link
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

link

Spider Mites are gay. I hate thesethings with a passion. Im currently using Azotrol to treat them. Azotrol cost about $107 qt. and that makes me about 60-66 gallons a bottle. It works fine, but takes 3 treatments.

Anybody know a better way to treat or prevent spider mites ?

Frog

Frog

Well I've used Avid and Floramite, both work well. Avid is even more expensive with Floramite coming in second. Avid says two sprays a week apart, but I find one time seams to do it for me. Floramite is a one time treament that covers about a month prevention. Getting thies here in Cal. can be a problem, but I just got some Floramite in a one OZ bottle off ebay for 25 bucks delievered. They are both nasty stuff so a lot of personal protection when spraying is needed. There are a lot of other less harsh products out there but I find if you arnt going with the less aggressive product that these are the way to go.

Hope my thoughts help

Peace

Frog

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
For larger applications avid and floramite work great.

Honestly, in smaller spaces the Hot Shot No-Pest strips have worked great for me. Once the mites were under control in the flowering and veg rooms I setup a quarantine area that newly acquired clones have to sit in for at least a week with one of these things, regardless of whether you can see mites or not. Best part, 4-5 bucks at Wally World.

Of course all of the stuff sucks if the infestation is on a plant in late flower. Smoking avid, floramite, no-pest, etc.. is not on my to do list.

T

the Rock

floramite kicks ass on mites, I have used it for 2 years. pest strips are a joke and neem oil is only a temporary fix= mites build up a tolerance over time, same with bug bombs(pyrethrin) they will work once or twice than the mites just laugh at it/.,-use floramite

X

xtheghostx

I use all organic safer soap to destroy the eggs and some mites, then hit them again three days later with fox farm's dont bug me and that usually does the trick.

Also rotten Ive used hotshots pest strips before inside and they worked great for me, but honestly Ive never had bad spidermites indoor.

D

drifter

GoGnats is a good product... primary ingredient is cedar oil and it is completely non-toxic. haven't tried using it as a foliar spray but it does wonders in the reservoir - even during flower.

edit: oops this is outdoor forum.. this stuff works well outside in soil also!

S

Stackin Paper

In the 6yrs i been growing been growing i never had a bug problem, kinda lucky huh but now atleast i know how to style it out if i do get 1.

O

ograskal

The HotShot no pest strips work great for me..You have to double them up and turn off your exhaust for them to work properly....~ogr

B

BITYmagicBeanz

for mites. just buy a new bin/trash can.. feel her up with water. add genius / neem oil.
and dip your plants upside down in. let them dry off . shake them off. them spray them with spray safe. then the next day spray with ph'd water a silicon spray. or a bio defence! and hoover and wipe down everything. then i would spray them for another 2weeks with spray safe. and wipe down and hoover daily

B

BITYmagicBeanz

o yeah and keep your lights off. if you have mites.. keep them off into the majourity of them are dead.
they breed in the heat and sit right underneath the lamp.

Top Bottom