Spiderfarmer. Don’t argue the ability to produce 🔥

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
roncruiser

roncruiser

definitely overthinking ii can tell from 5 feet away if a plant is ready or not, why 15-20% ,why not 30-40%I let em grow until they stop maturing. counting trichomes LOL

LOL Again definitely not overthinking. How many grows do you have under your belt? I have zero grow-outs. I have to start somewhere like I'm absolutely sure you did too. You count days and weeks of plants in veg and flower. You count hours of light in veg and flower? You count milliliter's of nutrients when dosing. Don't you? Or do you guess at those things too from five feet away? You make it sound like new growers should magically know this stuff. Weird.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
LOL Again definitely not overthinking. How many grows do you have under your belt? I have zero grow-outs. I have to start somewhere like I'm absolutely sure you did too. You count days and weeks of plants in veg and flower. You count hours of light in veg and flower? You count milliliter's of nutrients when dosing. Don't you? Or do you guess at those things too from five feet away? You make it sound like new growers should magically know this stuff. Weird.
Weeks, hours and ml are small numbers. There are millions of trichomes. As someone with a few grows under my belt, I can tell you that there's no need to count. The difference between 10% and 15% amber is nothing. Trust me, you're overthinking.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
There's a reason people say 5% or 10% or 15%... and not 6% or 14%. It's because it really doesn't matter at that scale. The degree of difference in strains is bigger than the degree of error in estimation so counting is just as accurate as estimating.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
And some growers/friends of mine want some strains to be couchlock/insomnia effects.
hence, more amber.
growers choice. It’s why we grow our own.
for me, active, day use cannabis (sativa) is best harvested milky.

growsince79

growsince79

I don't the rock was trying to offend you. It's just funny to the old timers to see people worried about the fake news plagiarized and regurgitated misinformation that gets passed around on cannabis sites. A bud is ripe when its ripe. A couple days either way doesn't matter one bit. The only time a scope can possibly help is if you grow the same clone and know how amber you like THAT cut. 20% amber might be perfect for one strain and a ruined crop on another. Newbies should not even buy one.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I don't the rock was trying to offend you. It's just funny to the old timers to see people worried about the fake news plagiarized and regurgitated misinformation that gets passed around on cannabis sites. A bud is ripe when its ripe. A couple days either way doesn't matter one bit. The only time a scope can possibly help is if you grow the same clone and know how amber you like THAT cut. 20% amber might be perfect for one strain and a ruined crop on another. Newbies should not even buy one.
[/QUOTE

agreed. The scope will help newbs make sure not to harvest too early.
More plants harvested too early, than late. IMO
cannabis always gives you a harvest window.
Mr.G.

roncruiser

roncruiser

Weeks, hours and ml are small numbers. There are millions of trichomes. As someone with a few grows under my belt, I can tell you that there's no need to count. The difference between 10% and 15% amber is nothing. Trust me, you're overthinking.

Learning is not overthinking. If that's overthinking then I've been doing the right thing my entire life. I'll take it. No regrets about it.

I specifically stated a way to come up with a fast percentage value by counting only 10 or 20 trichomes. Then using that visual as a gauge when spot sampling the rest of the plant. (Not once did I mention counting millions of trichomes.)

That's just a first stab from some unknowing newb grower with zero experience at gauging trichomes. Until I have more than a few grows under my belt to establish and understand what 10 or 15 or 20 or 25 or... percent amber trichomes looks like, it's definitely not overthinking it's learning. A far cry from guessing which seems acceptable to some.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Learning is not overthinking. If that's overthinking then I've been doing the right thing my entire life. I'll take it. No regrets about it.

I specifically stated a way to come up with a fast percentage value by counting only 10 or 20 trichomes. Then using that visual as a gauge when spot sampling the rest of the plant. (Not once did I mention counting millions of trichomes.)

That's just a first stab from some unknowing newb grower with zero experience at gauging trichomes. Until I have more than a few grows under my belt to establish and understand what 10 or 15 or 20 or 25 or... percent amber trichomes looks like, it's definitely not overthinking it's learning. A far cry from guessing which seems acceptable to some.
I really don't know what to tell you. I'm trying to help. 10-20 trichomes on 3 different buds aren't an accurate depiction of total trichomes. Different buds will have different amounts of amber. Even different parts of the bud will have different amounts of amber. Just look at 15 buds and take a quick guess of what percent are amber. It's not as hard as you think and it's okay if you are 5% or even 10% off.

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
I have a feeling here that's you both are saying pretty much the same stuff, if a follow up is being made on a single spot on the thrichrome for that specifc emplacement, for a newbies to understand the evolution of that part of the bud. If done properly with comparaison of evolution, im pretty sure one could tell when its ready, on that spot, depending what's your prefered/personnal approach. Its just a feeling you get of what's really amber for that genetic. There is some many others influence in lighting that could cause seeing more ambering from another also...that's why for a newbies options, following on the evolution and have a little gut to trust your feeling...then wait 1 week before harvest 😄

growsince79

growsince79

How do you know how much amber is deep inside the bud? How do you know if one strains amber is another strains white. You don't because it's different for every plant. Are you gonna let flowers rot and mold because they aren't amber? Scoping is for experts who know their particular cut. Means nothing in the real world.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
7.5 weeks from seed drop to flip.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Update of day 25.
2x4 Lemon Thai kush & Wedding Cake
under sf2000 with sf1000 side lighting.