Spiderfarmer. Don’t argue the ability to produce 🔥

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I have a whole plant that looks like that with the tmv and have been able to find out very little from the internets.
Ya. No much research on it. It will come.
i would bet my horticultural reputation on it being TMV tho in my case. It had every symptom I could find on the web.
plant will yield 50% less than the others.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its just a variegated leaf. Tmv makes blisters not what you are seeing. Its a case of the internet having mis info pics.

here is a breeding program someone has with one.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ya. No much research on it. It will come.
i would bet my horticultural reputation on it being TMV tho in my case. It had every symptom I could find on the web.
plant will yield 50% less than the others.

how much is your horticultural reputation worth?

;-). See my other post.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Its just a variegated leaf. Tmv makes blisters not what you are seeing. Its a case of the internet having mis info pics.

here is a breeding program someone has with one.

Not the only symptom. Or I would believe variegation.
the plant is half the size of my other unaffected same strain girls.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not the only symptom. Or I would believe variegation.
the plant is half the size of my other unaffected same strain girls.

Dude look up real tmv on tobacco and other cultivars. It blisters the leaves it does not make a pretty standard split variegation like you have. Its also highly contagious and would kill your rooms off in short order. Its also not likely to infect cannabis. I still have not seen any verification. Even if the silly cannabis community keeps posting pics of variegations as tmv. All the noob posting floods the first pages of search engines with misinformation.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
When science catches up with the growers. We will discover amazing things.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What you have there looks more like tomato mosaic virus but weed doesnt get that either. Look at the pics of the leaves in the link. They are sick not healthy and patterned. What you have is no different than what we bred out of patterned rhododendrons.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All true. That’s why I sent the sample. Trying to make evidence concrete has not been easy for us.

i guess. I avoid forum and weed product info for the most part and have little trouble finding accurate plant or gardening info.

I say stick to university extensions and greenhouse guides. Proper product companies that work with big ag like premier horticulture (pro mix) and peters fertilizer have excellent tutorials as well.

But weed info well, mostly bad.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
What you have there looks more like tomato mosaic virus but weed doesnt get that either. Look at the pics of the leaves in the link. They are sick not healthy and patterned. What you have is no different than what we bred out of patterned rhododendrons.

Ya. I’ve read that article before.
ive been running this same seed batch strain for several runs. No variegation ever. not saying it couldn’t be genetic.
Remember. I topped with old age hand rolled tobacco hand. Only plant that got topped at that time.
symptoms appeared a week later.
it’s viral, no doubt.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
i guess. I avoid forum and weed product info for the most part and have little trouble finding accurate plant or gardening info.

I say stick to university extensions and greenhouse guides. Proper product companies that work with big ag like premier horticulture (pro mix) and peters fertilizer have excellent tutorials as well.

But weed info well, mostly bad.
Because we, the growers, don’t have the resources to conduct research, or have our research included if/when we do get results.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ya. I’ve read that article before.
ive been running this same seed batch strain for several runs. No variegation ever. not saying it couldn’t be genetic.
Remember. I topped with old age hand rolled tobacco hand. Only plant that got topped at that time.
symptoms appeared a week later.
it’s viral, no doubt.

It those symptoms dont look like the virus unless you go with the mis posted variegation pics all over the weed sites. The virus markings are three dimensional. They are actually puckering.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Variegated leaves are more uniform I think. This is different. 🤔
20210226 202909

20210226 202937
20210226 202921

20210226 202906
20210226 203105

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Yours look more like variegated leaves, I’ve had growth like that before outdoor.
I'm enjoying my freak plant, after a while you appreciate anything that looks different.

Guess for now we wait for science to catch up🤷🏼‍♂️

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Day 27.
Slight NTox showing on the wedding cake. No burn yet, but more dark green, and clawing than I’d like. cut the N down in yesterday’s feed. Also cutting out cal mag
did the final leaf pluck. Mostly just the WC
Hummin along tho.✌

5E1B0EF5 BC88 4660 95BF DC17045B8D65
265CCF70 021C 4CDC 8F14 97C6E1360BCA
B2C5F2A1 A753 4683 BBC3 96BCE50870F2

Latest posts

Top Bottom