Spiderfarmer. Don’t argue the ability to produce 🔥

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

I will say that the SF-4000 is a decent light for sure, I did 4 plants, 3 FCGSC and 1 wedding cake . Was just a test run as I haven’t grown indoor in 5-6 years and I’ve updated everything. The SF was my LED test, to see if I liked the tech over HPS, and just to see what it could do. I researched like crazy for 3/4 months before purchasing the SF, and for price point and effectiveness it seemed to be a good choice. This was appx. One year ago so there wasn’t a ton of info out there like atm. After a couple small issues in veg with the autopots I got it pretty dialed in. Wasn’t expecting a ton, was pleasantly surprised! And the colours from the FCGSC was unreal, so purple, so many trichomes and made for a pretty good smoke. The wedding cake! Wow ,the vanilla frosting smell is insane and I was dumbfounded the amount of tops she produced with the scrog method after vegging for about 45 days. I am upgrading my light as I knew that the sf-4000 would not suffice for the setup I was building , would need at least two. SF is Still on the table but I’ve been leaning towards others. I’ll see if I can get the pics from my old phone on here. Nothing spectacular but definitely opened my eyes too all this new tech . And as I said you can definitely grow some good bud with the SSF-4000 , some good genetics and some basic knowledge about cannabis cultivation

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Update video. Sorry for the noise.
suspect TMV plant. Not willing to cull as it’s not spreading. Will defo next week and sterilize between. Super interesting! And shaping up decent.
just completed week 2.
Mr.G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I will say that the SF-4000 is a decent light for sure, I did 4 plants, 3 FCGSC and 1 wedding cake . Was just a test run as I haven’t grown indoor in 5-6 years and I’ve updated everything. The SF was my LED test, to see if I liked the tech over HPS, and just to see what it could do. I researched like crazy for 3/4 months before purchasing the SF, and for price point and effectiveness it seemed to be a good choice. This was appx. One year ago so there wasn’t a ton of info out there like atm. After a couple small issues in veg with the autopots I got it pretty dialed in. Wasn’t expecting a ton, was pleasantly surprised! And the colours from the FCGSC was unreal, so purple, so many trichomes and made for a pretty good smoke. The wedding cake! Wow ,the vanilla frosting smell is insane and I was dumbfounded the amount of tops she produced with the scrog method after vegging for about 45 days. I am upgrading my light as I knew that the sf-4000 would not suffice for the setup I was building , would need at least two. SF is Still on the table but I’ve been leaning towards others. I’ll see if I can get the pics from my old phone on here. Nothing spectacular but definitely opened my eyes too all this new tech . And as I said you can definitely grow some good bud with the SSF-4000 , some good genetics and some basic knowledge about cannabis cultivation
SF4000 is a solid 4x4 flowering light. Been happy with mine. Like you I have original sf4000 I purchased mine similar situation to you and same side of the border.🇨🇦
Mr.G

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
With the install of my new Wyze cam in the tent, I captured sunset lights off quick clip. 660+NM far Red lights run for last 30min of day and first 30min of day. Started this today as I wait for stretch to be done. Which is more or less.🔥
Mr.G

Last edited:
Zmc2021

Zmc2021

No one is saying a grow light wont grow plants. We are saying it is overpriced for what it is, under watts compared to most competition and uses the thinnest heatsink and supplemental diodes available.

and a member here tested it to run much hotter than a similar hlg lamp.

Really nice flowers by the way. But spider farmer has nothing to do with them so please stop giving a cheap light board credit. You are the reason!

Not sure about spider farmer. But there was an interesting video I seen on Mars vs HLG. I assume spider is same as mars

HLG is definitely better. 10% better or so. But is it really worth double for that?? I’d almost rather have two Mars for $880 versus one HLG

03660903 0F6E 421B BCE1 026E460DB9C4
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The originals (HLG) design/ research/ and build. Top notch.
knock-off companies. (There are many!,) produce as well. At cheaper price point.
I bought into Spiderfarmer, they work for me.

Mars Will work for you. HLG if I had more money to spend would be up on my list.

Mr.G

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not sure about spider farmer. But there was an interesting video I seen on Mars vs HLG. I assume spider is same as mars

HLG is definitely better. 10% better or so. But is it really worth double for that?? I’d almost rather have two Mars for $880 versus one HLG

More too it than that when looking at the
Budget light spectrums and prices get pretty close with closeouts , kits and refurbs. Also honesty in business goes a long way and the owner of hlg is easily contactable. I still havent decided though.

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
Thank you so much

SSgrower

SSgrower

Doing a Viparspectra grow with two 450w reflector series 2 cycle lights, as SpiderFarmer is a little too $$. Different lights comparably in my opinion. Vipar has fans & 2 cycle capability. Thanks for the views. 4x4 Vipar tent.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Had to supercrop wedding cake today.😱
Vegged slightly to long. Over 5ft tall and 3 inches from the lights.
Day 16. Flower.

Mr.G

FC7FBF5A D944 43BC A119 AD9988730FFE
Domon8n30

Domon8n30

I thought shipping seeds was legal now. All the stores sell them without a med card.
Not in the US at least not in New Mexico yet I can buy clones and stuff but that's cuz I have a medical card and a personal production license actually. And I can only grow four plants budding and have four plants in veg...

Peppersmints

Peppersmints

Supporter
Found a lab. Cheap.
I will send a sample.
Mr.G
Let me know , another fellow Canadian here that’s wondering what that cheap lab can offer up
With the install of my new Wyze cam in the tent, I captured sunset lights off quick clip. 660+NM far Red lights run for last 30min of day and first 30min of day. Started this today as I wait for stretch to be done. Which is more or less.🔥
Mr.G
be careful with WyzeCam automatic night vision, they use infrared witch could trigger hermies , I usually put them on the same timer as the light so it’s closing at night!

Latest posts

Top Bottom