Spiderfarmer. Don’t argue the ability to produce 🔥

• Thread starter Mr.GreenthumbOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Imcamping861

Imcamping861

Whats the status on that plant you suspect to have tmv? I had a plant that showed the same exact twisting and yellow discoloring and it turned out to be broad mites. I hear tmv is incredibly rare.. which is why I ask your status on it . Good luck with grow looks great !

EA0EC57D 4BC8 46A9 B762 192FEDF11645
6BE1AD2B E90F 46C1 9130 5CD00F4A84D8
F1A182C4 5A61 474D A7E1 B28EF0AAE2A4
189CBB13 4CD9 4217 8040 859DE58B5558
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Sample I sent off was destroyed as the lab wouldn’t test cannabis.
i will snap some photos of the suspect TMV plant tomorrow. Only one in the tent with issues. But so minor, no sign of mites, all the signs of TMV. Unfortunate They couldn’t test for it, I’m certain once labs start taking samples here in Canada we will add all kinds of scientific research for cannabis.

Imcamping861

Imcamping861

Sample I sent off was destroyed as the lab wouldn’t test cannabis.
i will snap some photos of the suspect TMV plant tomorrow. Only one in the tent with issues. But so minor, no sign of mites, all the signs of TMV. Unfortunate They couldn’t test for it, I’m certain once labs start taking samples here in Canada we will add all kinds of scientific research for cannabis.
Wow that’d be crazy if you legit have tmv. Why did they refuse to test cannabis ?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Can you share a photo showing what 15-20% amber actually looks like? How is 15-20% actually quantified? Is it a round about visual, or do you count actual trichomes?
Just overall guess. No one has time to count hundreds of trichomes.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I'm stumped on a plant I think has TMV. Any opinions or ideas are welcome thanks 👍It a toofless alien auto that should have flipped to flower 3 weeks ago 🤷‍♂️🤔

20210202 195816
20210202 195638
20210214 101526
20210214 101522
20210214 101519

roncruiser

roncruiser

Just overall guess. No one has time to count hundreds of trichomes.

Guess?

I'm coming up on my very first harvest soon. I don't feel comfortable guessing. I'm trying to gather other growers techniques for establishing the ratio of milky to amber. One quick way is to count out 10 trichomes. If one out of 10 trichomes is amber then that's 10% amber, or three out 20 is 15%. Then applying the same technique on a few different places on the plant. Quick and easy. No need to count hundreds of trichomes.

BUT I don't know. I really don't know how others estimate a ratio. I've not gathered enough information to feel comfortable doing it that way. Maybe some of the more experienced reputable established long time growers do it differently, and can chime in.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Guess?

I'm coming up on my very first harvest soon. I don't feel comfortable guessing. I'm trying to gather other growers techniques for establishing the ratio of milky to amber. One quick way is to count out 10 trichomes. If one out of 10 trichomes is amber then that's 10% amber, or three out 20 is 15%. Then applying the same technique on a few different places on the plant. Quick and easy. No need to count hundreds of trichomes.

BUT I don't know. I really don't know how others estimate a ratio. I've not gathered enough information to feel comfortable doing it that way. Maybe some of the more experienced reputable established long time growers do it differently, and can chime in.
You'd need a much bigger sample size than 20-30 and different parts of the plant will be more or less amber depending on how much light they get. You really just have to look at them and make an educated guess.

I think you're over thinking this. The degree of error isn't too big with a quick guess and it won't make a big difference.

roncruiser

roncruiser

You'd need a much bigger sample size than 20-30 and different parts of the plant will be more or less amber depending on how much light they get. You really just have to look at them and make an educated guess.

I think you're over thinking this. The degree of error isn't too big with a quick guess and it won't make a big difference.

Definitely not overthinking it. Especially as a newb who hasn't done this before. I want to remove the guessing. There's no need to guess as all the evidence is there right in front of our eyes. Plus I don't have enough growing experience to make an educated guess.

Estimating makes better sense to my brain. Maybe after a handful of grows, I can get better at guessing.

growsince79

growsince79

definitely overthinking ii can tell from 5 feet away if a plant is ready or not, why 15-20% ,why not 30-40%I let em grow until they stop maturing. counting trichomes LOL
+1 lmfao. Reading this board makes you wonder how anyone ever grew weed before scopes were invented. And wtf do you want 20% amber before you cut? That mean you lost 20% potentcy! LOL Trich scope has to be the number one weed growing internet fake news, copycat plagiarized and regurgitated bs ever.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I have nothing against this company or know much about them but just reading the thread title made me laugh. Not the best advert for fire safety coming from a light company. Sorry that's all I have to offer.
If I need to adjust the title to Spiderfarmer. My house is on 🔥. You will be the first to hear. Well after insurance, and my phycologist.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Look at the crab hands on the TMV suspect.
I really have no idea. Tried flushing 2 different times, scoped for bugs. Same nutes and ph as others. Wierd as balls.
Mr.g

3F09DE7B D568 4375 90B8 D2D2C3B34C40
Top Bottom